1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mexican Judge to Sgt. Tahmooressi: You're out of here!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're just going to have to learn to read the words on the page instead of changing them to suit your purposes.

I thought you had learned that by now.:BangHead:

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

United Saints! :jesus:

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Third attempt to duck me.

Rev, would you have the courage to post your very first post to me when I joined so that everyone here can see how it is supposed to be done? I'll eat crow if you can show everyone how you took the time to get to know me when I first responded to you. Go ahead, show your hypocrisy.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You wouldn't ask such silly questions if you'd just........ read....... the.........
    words .......on....... the........ page.

Not try to turn them into something that's not there.

Might even try to get a clarification before you start lying about what was said.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone else see hypocrisy here.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Attempt to dodge and deflect noted.

It's JK's turn to throw some more stuff at the wall.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Find that post you made to me when I first joined Rev. Do it. Come on.

8. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Yeeeeeep! :thumbsup:

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm seeing Carpro saying he's bored with professionals and amateurs talking about PTSD. I see UseOfTime asking who he would like to hear talk about it and no answer from Carpro forthcoming. Then I see a bunch of insults.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that is not surprising. Some people see what they want to see.

11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is probably one of those threads where they have to hear it from someone else, Sapper Woody is usually good at doing this and I suspect he has some thoughts and experience with Soldiers with PTSD. Who knows. I'm done.

12. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

:applause: :wavey:

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How puerile. Grow up. It's really sad that a serious subject got railroaded here by you three on a DISCUSSION BOARD. I hope you are proud of yourselves.

14. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Pot calling the kettle black.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK UoT, you ready to go to reading school?

Here's what we're talking about.

Quote:

Where did I say their problems bored me? Hint...I didn't. The conversation of the amateurs did.

Where did I "downplay" a serious issue? Hint... I didn't. Nowhere. You pulled that one out of the air.

What is my attitude? You missed on the first 2. Not surprised you don't really have a clue.

So what do you really know that I said, without leaping to erroneous conclusions? OK Let's read.

1. We know that I believe " listening to a bunch of amateurs argue about combat related PTSD kind of bores me." That's a fact. We good?

2.We know that I believe.."They (the experts) have a habit of assuming that everyone who has even been to a combat zone suffers from PTSD, and the subject has to convince them they don't. I don't have much faith in that process.

That's a fact and I don't have a lot of faith with a process where the patient is assumed to be ill and has to prove he's not. Is that too hard too understand?

Now, Jr., before jumping to conclusions, someone that really wanted to get at the truth instead of get on his soapbox and make a fool out of himself might ask me, "Why do you feel that way?"

But, no. Not you. You make erroneous conclusions and lie about what I said and felt.

Look at this as a learning experience. I don't often have to take adults to school, but I made an exception in your case. :BangHead: I shouldn't have.

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have anything to support that these experts are assuming all of these people have PTSD? When you say "experts" who are you talking about? Doctors or the media. If it's the media then they are not experts and fall into the amateur category. If you are saying experts are Doctors and that we have a problem misdiagnosing Soldiers I would say that that is not what we are seeing. I don't think the process involves pointing at Soldiers and saying that they have PTSD. Most of the cases and diagnosed Soldiers sought out help upon redeployment. Now I do think there is a problem with the American public assuming that a Soldier who shows a temper every once in a while might have PTSD. We've seen cases of people acting irrationally nervous around Soldiers in public due to this fear and they do not deserve to be treated like a potential threat just because they have seen combat.

Either way this thread is about Sgt. Tahmooressi, with a known and established case of PTSD. I guess your comment seemed strange in the context of this thread. Was your comment a reference to the case of PTSD involving Sgt. Tahmooressi? Do you think he has been mislabeled as a sufferer of PTSD? How did your comment fit into the context of this thread? This is an honest question.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Personal experience.
    2. Shrinks
    3. No
    4. No idea.
    5. Right where I put it. We have some wannabe experts here. They especially bore me.

18. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I am not going to address most of this thread in this post. I've already done so and I believe Occam's Razor applies.

Carpro, I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment that most professionals are trying to diagnose military with PTSD, but I believe I have an insight as to why.

Almost all the combat guys I know that have deployed suffer from PTSD like symptoms. Some mildly, some more severe. But it is literally almost 100%.

The Army has started making a distinction between full blown PTSD and the PTSD symptoms military suffer after a deployment. They call it "Combat Operational Stress Disorder". It is basically a temporary form of PTSD that people eventually get over in 6-12 months.

However, the DSM does not recognize this. In fact, a civilian told me that it didn't exist. So, when someone comes home from a deployment showing signs of PTSD, the civilian sector wants to tag them with it, even if the symptoms are temporary.

Hope this helps somewhat.

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, It is consistent with what I have seen with our Soldiers that faced combat. The VA has let them down in the worst way and even the military in general was very slow to take this on during the early stages of the war. Nobody ever really talked about PTSD during the initial fighting which was often the most intense and violent. It was a big learning process for the Army and it is interesting to see how awareness grew as the war went on. Education to our Soldiers to recognize symptoms, seek help and encourage a battle buddy that is struggling is crucial for their overall well being.

#79 Use of Time, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
  20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Essentially, you're acknowledging that what I said about the professional is correct. They put 'em in a box and they have to fight their way out. all or nothing, and if you're sitting in front of them talking about ptsd, you've got it.

It is documented fact that after the Vietnam war , the VA shrinks Ok'd ptsd benefits for some veterans who had never been in a combat zone. In fact , they paid disability benefits to some imposters that were never even in the service...so anxious were they to brand Vietnam veterans as victims, they didn't bother to check to see if their DD214s were authentic.

I even had one shrink ask me if I'd been treated for ptsd. I said I didn't have the problem. He said, and I quote, "Yes you do, you just don't know it." This is 30 years after the fact and he says, based on a 5 minute conversation that I have PTSD.

That's where I'm coming from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.