1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Huckabee: We trusted Fauci at first ‘because we didn’t know any better

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I wish you had a faulty memory, but you don't.
    I did not say Tim Scott was too black for my taste.That is a blatant lie. (Yep,bayou provoked me to saying it. Report it to Salty. You got what you wanted.) You know it is. I said "he is now a lot blacker than he used to be." IMO He used to intentionally try to behave as a stereotypical white person. Now that he is a public figure, he has changed again. The fact that he changes at convenience is why I don't trust him. I don't like southerners who talk like Yankees. I don't trust people from Charleston who try to lose the Gullah accent. I don't trust anyone that tries to act like what they are not.
    Race is not a factor in who I support. I am supporting Walker and Jones.
    The statement about Mitchell was limited to one particular issue of DNA sequencing, Not him in general. You know that.

You did admit you liked trolling and provoking, especially Rev Mitchell.

Give me one example of me trolling you. Again, you are having fantasies of grandeur.

#21 Reynolds, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can give you a couple..

You constantly bring me up like you have a man crush, but I ain't interested in a bromance, bro.

You constantly misrepresent what I said in a PM, even after I corrected you.

Let me help you understand - for illustration only.

You may have said Scott is a lot Blacker but what you meant is the Black race is inferior to the White race. You may have said that @Revmitchell was "getting stupid" but what you meant is he is stupid.

Do you get it now?

I do not get to tell you what you mean and you don't get to tell me what I mean.

You said @Revmitchell was "getting stupid" and asked me to back off because he was essentially becoming unhinged. You made what I took as a racist comment. I still believe it was. That you don't get sarcasm is on you, not me.

But don't be so foolish as to tell me what I really meant.

3. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I actually think you are a Jack Ass and again you fancy yourself if you think I have anything other than disdain for you. I bring you up in vaccine threads because you are the resident vaccine Nazi.
    I accurately stated what you said. I did not infer anything into it.
    You did not accurately state what I said. You restated it in a dishonest manner to try to make it fit your narrative.
    Just be accurate in what you say people say. How many people on here have accused you of dishonesty? A lot! Maybe you should take it to heart.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first time you said it I corrected you and told you what I meant. I explained to you EXACTLY what I meant.

But you ignored it. You ignored my explaining to you my own words and assigned them meaning I specifically told you was incorrect.

And what you did was take words from a PM out of context and post them on the public forum!!

How is that remotely honest?

You do not get to tell other people what they believe or what they mean. PERIOD.

I don't care what you think of me. I don't even know you.

I said that I liked Tim Scott. That you believe he acted White and now acts Black is, IMHO, evidence of racism on your part.

What on earth does it mean to "act White" or "act Black" anyway? Those are racist stereotypes.

Have you ever considered Scott acts like Scott?

5. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO, its not racism. It is observing that he is a chameleon. It is pointing out he is a typical politician. He acts like who he needs to act like at the time. He is still a lot better than Lindsay Graham, but he is not my first choice for President. Herman Cain was my first choice for President.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Complaining that a person "acts White" or "acts Black" is pretty racist.

7. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't complain and it's not racist. It's stereotypical, but not racist. It is not racist because no negative or positive is attached to either.
    You can't honestly say that in the low country you don't know what race the person is by the way they talk. You can tell 99.9% of the time. (Yankee imports excluded)

8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JonC, this entire thread is evidence of your behavior. The thread was totally civil and you chime in with post 14. Post 14 is proof you wanted to steer this thread in a hostile direction. I had not said anything out of the way to you then post 14. You trolled it up and got the heated exchange you enjoy when you are bored.

#28 Reynolds, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, you are changing what you said.

I said I liked Tim Scott. You said that you met him and did like him but now he is "too Black".

Remember, you do not get to explain what you meant by that comment (just as you rejected my explanation of what I meant). We were talking about potential presidential candidates and you said Scott was "too Black".

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Honestly you make unfounded claims about God. Prove He did that. Prove this is directly ordained by God without personal attacks. Such attacks only show your inability to support your spurious claim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a prime, 100% provable example of you posting lies. It honestly may be your faulty memory, but when you use quotes, what is in them has to be right. What you have in quotes is not what was said. I have no idea your intentions, but you owe it to people to quote them accurately.
    Not only did you twist the context, you totally got the quote wrong. You got the quote grossly wrong.
    The context made it plain that the reason I no longer like Scott enough to support him for President is that he changed when he got to D.C. What he changed is not the problem. The fact that he changed for political gain is the problem.

#31 Reynolds, Nov 28, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  12. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev, you sound kinda like a Pharisee. God gives scientists the capacity to create a vaccine against a disease that is proven effective and here you are saying "prove it."

If God had not ordained the creation of the vaccine...would it exist? Or, do you think there are rogue forces outside of God's authority? If not, then God has ordained the creation of the vaccine...and God used a Christian to lead the study and creation of the vaccine. How much more proof do you need?

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "beef" between you and I is that you want to tell me what I mean. I hope you see why this is problematic.

You are probably the only member here that has failed to recognize that I am a bit too sarcastic, a bit too "tongue in cheek".

Think of me what you will. Ascribe to my words whatever meanings you desire.

If you decide you would rather be honest about my comments, my beliefs, and my ideas then just ask and I will tell you what I mean.

If, however, you decide to continue telling people what I mean by my comments then I cannot help you.

Until then - peace out, dude!

To the members on this forum -

If you want to know what I think, what I believe, or what my words mean then ask me.

Same applies to all members. We are experts at the meanings of our words, not the words of other people.

Ignore members who will tell you what another person means.

14. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    wow.

I suppose it's inconceivable to understand, then, the things of the world and the things of God are separate.

"come out of her, my people" that's the love of the world, AustinC.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt this passage refers to medical treatments (whether effective or not).

16. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    it refers to the love of the world, which is what is demonstrated in this thread by declaring rejection of the cv jab to be rejecting God.

17. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The beef I have with you is you don't tell the truth.

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forgive me if I misunderstand, but are you not doing the same by declaring his acceptance of the vaccine is worldly (essentially rejecting God)?

19. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is not the world heralding this cv jab?

Can you sit through a 30 minute television broadcast without an admonition to "get the shot?"

I can abide with a "your decision" position on the cv jab. I will reveal what is when that position crosses the line into abject coercion.

What IS ... the world is promoting the cv jab. Even the pope is promoting it.

and you again are errantly equating my objection to the one relative speck in the eye promoting the criminalization of anyone taking the cv jab.

So ... proof is in the pudding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Judas thought he was doing the right thing for 30 pieces of silver, too.

• Agree Agree x 1