1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Huckabee: We trusted Fauci at first ‘because we didn’t know any better

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 27, 2021.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    People (regardless of their position about the 25 covid vaccines in use) risk opposing God when they dictate to others what they should do.

And you are right that the vaccines are from God. I
    I was asking, not equating your objection to anything.

I believe that the vaccines are God's gift, but this also depends on the convictions of each person.

Before being vaccinated I considered the studies but I also prayed about the issue. God convinced me that it was appropriate for me to be vaccinated. Reading Scripture I realized that God is a God of means and any advancement is God gifted. His blessings fall on the good and the wicked alike (Matt. 5:45). So I was obedient in getting the vaccine. And God used this obedience to provide opportunities to minister in my community.

This is not to say those who reject vaccines are being disobedient to God. I do not know what God has called them to do.

But saying the world supports vaccines therefore they are of the world and not of God is flawed. The world also urges people to aid the our and to help the suffering. I see these commercials on a daily basis (more than commercials advocating a vaccine). And God has commanded the same.

To declare a person worldly or disobedient to God for being vaccinated, or for not being vaccinated, is foolish.

The "proof is in the pudding". God used my obedience to be vaccinated for His Kingdom, to minister to people during the "lockdown".

I am not saying God has not also used your decision to reject the vaccine as an opportunity to minister. I would love to share in your experiences if you would be willing to share.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But God led me to be vaccinated (I did not desire t get a shot, but being vaccinated allowed me to minister to groups of people).

In your opinion, should I have ignored God and rejected the vaccine....or should those who cannot in good conscience ignore God and get the shot anyway?

3. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    for its own benefit not in obedience to God. For if the world obeyed God, there wouldn't be the poor/suffering.

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh good grief. Now you hearing from God?

5. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have stipulated I understand some may be as you have declared ... and exercising that mystery from Mark 16.

But the cv jabs ARE poison and ALMOST universally unnecessary from a medical basis. I understand the cv response has driven these requirements ... which means the worldliness.

6. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has ordained the vaccine. The vaccine is from God as an instrument of His grace. If God did not want humanity to have a vaccine, God would not allow scientists to have a vaccine.
    The vaccine has literally nothing to do with ungodliness. In fact, the peeson who oversaw the research into a vaccine is a God-ward Christian man (Francis Collins) who refused to allow any untested vaccine that didn't go through rigorous, yet quick, testing. God blessed his leadership and efforts. Don't speak falseness by saying the vaccine is not from God.

Now, if you want to belligerently refuse to be vaccinated, that is your prerogative. If you will go against God's ordained government and reject its authority over your life, you will answer to God for that belligerence. If you suffer the sword of God's ordained government for breaking the law, then you suffer on your own, knowing God warned you (Romans 13).
    However, the vaccine is not worldly, it is given to the world by God's good grace.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. And this can also apply to vaccines.

The reason I object to your reasoning with vaccines being worldly is because I have experienced the covid vaccine as a gift from God, took the vaccine in good conscience with reassurance of the Spirit, and the vaccine opened up ministry opportunities.

I hope you refuse the vaccine on the same grounds.

I would never claim that you were being worldly or disobedient to God by declining any vaccine.

I just find it disheartening, if I understand you correctly, that you would presume otherwise of fellow believers.

8. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I won't doubt this. a) I'm not @JonC b) I have heard from God, audibly (not on the cv vax but in understanding better His sacrifice/atonement) c) it's legit to exercise the promise of Mark 16 and I'm awed by that.

C was not given to me, but to have no fear and pass through its midsts in the face of what was at the time perceived to be a mortal threat.

I also understand that millions are not given to C lest the demonstration become of a "little g" God of "my" ego.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jon, if a government mandates that all persons must get vaccinated, we Christians would be defying God's ordained government by not getting vaccinated. There is no getting around Romans 13 on this issue.

10. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't disagree. My point is that JonC has in my opinion been consistently against revelation still occurring today.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand that is what you believe. Ironically chemotherapy is poison yet I believe God has gifted men with the ability to treat cancer with chemotherapy. Ionizing radiation is also a poison. Yet we use radiation to treat illnesses.

I do not pay attention to what the world says. I think this is the best route for Christians. Pay attention to what God says, what He calls you to do (not what He calls other people to do).

12. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    without these cv jab requirements to enter into this ministry ... would you have taken the cv jab?

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. I did not realize the vaccination would open up the ministry opportunity. I only knew that God reassured me to take the vaccine. At the time I really did not realize the impact the vaccine would have insofar as ministry opportunities (but God knew).

Often it is like this. We are obedient without knowing the outcome, and hindsight gives us insight into the workings of God.

14. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    there will be a law written to worship the beast and accept the mark. You gonna do that too?

a righteous law is worth following, not an evil one.

Should Daniel have kneeled before Darius' idol? Just because the govt says so doesn't make it righteous.

So be careful about being legalistic.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is true. If the government mandates the vaccine then it would be sinful to refuse.

But Christians are often self-centered. Think of guns. If the government makes owning firearms illegal then Christians have no choice but to surrender their guns lest they disobey God. That said, how many Christians would obey God in this senerio? I would, but I would not like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, then I may suggest using that for the decision at the time is irrelevant. I didn't understand WHY to pass through its midst and go on my way for a period of a couple months before I realized the real threat.

you faithfully obeyed. That's great.

... but using the ministry as reason to get the jab is kinda doing God's work for Him.

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ministry opportunity was not relevant to my decision, I agree. My decision was simply obeying God.

I believe this should be true of you as well. You probably did not decline tge shot for ministry opportunities, but if your decision was in obedience to God I'm sure it opened up ministry opportunities.

18. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    until I point blank asked ... you said taking the cv jab availed you for the opportunity in ministry. That kinda infers you did it to be involved in an (overseas) ministry, not as a leap of faith understanding what the cv jab really is and despite that, gonna claim Mark 16 and join Him in his field.

see the difference?

Again ... for a relatively small number of folks, that is legitimate. (ED not everyone was a Levite) For hundreds of millions ... not so much.

promoting this cv jab medically, in particular, is a red herring. Most do not need this thing --- evidenced by the untreated recovery rate in excess of 99%.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Taking the vaccine did provide me the opportunity in ministry. This is not implying I took the vaccine in order to participate in a ministry activity (I am not sure how you arrived at that conclusion). I did not leave His field.

I am not saying we should encourage or discourage vaccinations. I am saying people should weigh the consequences and make a decision. Consequences may include being able to evangelize overseas, or maintain employment, minister in nursing homes, etc. Certainly these should not be ignored.

But my motivation was the leading and comfort of the Holy Spirit in taking a vaccination without knowing it would open up a ministry opportunity. Frankly, I had not even thought about that possibility in terms of a shot.

I let people decide for themselves what they should or should not do when it comes to their health and how these decisions will impact their lives.

20. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    JonC ... it wasn't clear to me there was knowledge of these opportunities specifically or generally and their requirements for the jab. That's all. Didn't want to make a major issue of it, but simply clarifying because it DOES change the progression of the thinking/supplication.

no, they shouldn't be ignored, but what shouldn't be overlooked is truth about these injections. Medically unnecessary at best for MOST people who are not elderly/multiple health issues ... and it is THIS UPON which these policies are being made --- e.g. based in falsehood.