Millenium questions...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Aug 7, 2021.

1. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 1 - Written in the hearts

John 1 - enlightenment given to every person

Revelations - No person stands before the judgement of God and is with excuse.

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Jesus comes back, all will know Him as the Lord!

3. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You did not answer the question.
    All will know Jesus is Lord in the eternal state, but that was not the question.
    How are people who never heard His name, who he is, or what he has done, going to know?
    If they are worshipping idols, why would they stop doing that without regeneration?

4. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i believe at lease SOME isolated peoples worship God without actually knowing who He is, as did some ancient Greex, who had a temple to an unknown god-unknown until Paul told them who this unknown god is-the REAL GOD.

Many Indians worshipped the "Great Spirit", not knowing much about Him except that He was in charge of everything.

5. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you believe that is acceptable worship?
    I believe 1 cor10. calls that worship of devils, and not God.

6. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, worshipping God in complete ignorance is truly worshipping Him. I can’t believe what some ppl type on here. It’s mind boggling. I guess Jeremiah 31:31-34 doesn’t mean anything.

7. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's between them & God. Hard for them to have worshipped Yahweh, having never heard of Him.

8. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not really possible....Rom10:14
    psalm115

9. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Possible-Romans 1:19-20

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus under his rule will have that Iron Rod of God, and all shall know Him as the King!

11. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you have Jesus sitting on David's throne and earthly Jerusalem holding a rod of iron in his hands how does someone in the middle of the rain forest with no radio TV or anything else no hes king and ruling and Jerusalem how does that happen

12. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  13. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, roby.
    I see that the man of sin that Daniel, Paul and the Lord Jesus spoke about, will not appear until right here:

" Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
    6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
    7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
    8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:"
    (2 Thessalonians 2:3-8).

According to the above, first there will come a "falling away" ( as described in 1 Timothy 4:1-3 )...
    Many of those who profess Christ will fall away from the faith once delivered unto the saints ( Jude 1:3 ), and will turn to false teachings and teachers.
    They will profess to know Him, but in their actions deny knowing Him.
    We are in it right now, and it's getting worse and worse.

Then the man of sin will be revealed.

That did not happen in 70 A.D., as General Titus did not exalt himself above all that is called God, nor did he sit in the temple and claim to be God.
    Instead, he burned and demolished both Jerusalem and the second temple,
    and there was no period of plagues, famine, earthquakes or other judgments that followed that series of events.

All that happened was the destruction of Jerusalem.

It also did not happen during the earlier Maccabean Revolt against Antiochus Epiphanes from 167 to 160 B.C., either;
    As the Lord's statements regarding the abomination of desolation were spoken of in 33 A.D. ( Gregorian calendar ) in the future tense in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21...
    It had not happened yet.

The man of sin that the Lord spoke of, is yet to be revealed,
    and he will sit in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and proclaim himself to be God before the entire world.

Finally, according to the last part of the passage above, that same man of sin will be destroyed with the brightness of His coming...
    He will be ruling the world, or at least most of it, when the Lord Jesus comes again.

14. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1,000 means a 1,000 when it’s in reference to years in Revelation 20.

What about God being faithful to 1,000 generations in Deuteronomy 7:9?

What about the 1,000 hills with cattle?

15. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see those as:

Literal in Revelation 20.
    Figurative in the other two, as their are more than a thousand hills that the Lord owns ( expresses "many" ), and there are far less than a thousand generations ( 40,000 years ) that have happened and will happen before the judgment ( expresses all the generations of man and the ones that the Lord will save..."many" again ).

You don't see that when you read those?

16. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So a literal dragon is bound for a literal 1,000 years, but the other times 1,000 are used they are figurative? Not buying that.

17. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is a figurative dragon ( he's one of God's fallen angels, isn't he, and the enemy of God's people? ) bound for a literal 1,000 years.
    I would think that the context would tell you that, as well as other statements that the Lord has shown about Lucifer / Satan through His word.

You don't have to "buy" anything, Willis.

Simply believe the words for what they say and chain them together using what is developed and defined from other Scriptures.
    For example, "rod of iron" is not a literal rod.
    It's His firm rule of holy law expressed to those enemies that He will be putting under His feet...
    From His father David's throne at Jerusalem during the "millennium" when God's people will be ruling and reigning with Him.

I don't get that from "dispensationalism", I get it strictly from reading His word.

Good evening to you, my friend.:)

18. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And you should have stopped your post right there.

19. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

20. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. The abomination of desolation will be when the antichrist enters the new temple the Jews will build in Jerusalem, set his statue up in it, & declare himself God.

The false prophet will supernaturally cause the statue to speak. It'll be supernatural, not electronic, as people will be astounded, which they wouldn't be for an electronic device maling it speak, which is commonplace now.

I believe the rapture will occur shortly after the AC comes to power, but it could wait til the AC commits the AOD, as Jesus said, "WHEN YOU SEE the AOD...", which will signal the issuing of the marka the beast & the beginning of the great trib, which will be worldwide.

I don't know which will come first-the antichrist, or the new temple-but both will happen. I don't believe the rapture will occur before the AC comes to power, as he will have an explanation for the sudden disappearance of millions, which the world will accept. (But a few will realize the rapture has occurred, & will act accordingly, coming to Jesus, knowing they have a rough road ahead.)