Millenium questions...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what aspect of historical premil disagree with?

2. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure the 1,000 years are to be taken literally. Not sure if the anti-Christ is still in the future.

3. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just do not see him as being any of the Caesars as some do!

4. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Devil may have been evicted from heaven, but he came to the earth, he is free to roam around, and still has his part to play in these last days.

5. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You do not understand the biblical fall into sin and death. Your response here is totally unbiblical and an argument from silence.
    Would you follow this fresh insight with the revelation that we should not send missionaries anywhere? Then all would be saved?

6. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Men are victims and not the God-hating rebel sinner the Bible tells us they are. That post is as anti-Great Commission as they come. The gospel becomes bad news because they had their tickets already stamped for heaven until those blasted missionaries witnessed unto them gospel. I can now earmark my $$$ towards other things, because I don’t want to fund missions to damn ppl to hell via the gospel. Do you see how ridiculous that post sounds?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

7. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't be silly. Missionaries have been trying for centuries to reach every people on earth. They simply haven't been able to. A missionary is so small; land areas are so large. Easy for even the most well-equipped missionaries to miss an isolated people. In many areas of South America, Africa, New Guinea, Philippine Visayan Islands, etc. people cannot be seen from the air. Simple as THAT.

None of that is lost on GOD. One of the final events before the eschatological events begin is that the Gospel shall be presented to all peoples. But meanwhile, some live & die having never heard of God. That's not those peoples' fault. Thus, God provided that he would count as righteousness their belief in the Supreme being from the creation, and their conduct toward their fellows.

8. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Except that's your opinion, not scriptural.

Another proof is in the OT, of all the nations, none had God's favor or blessing. The only one who did was Abraham. Only for those in Abraham would nations be blessed.
    Genesis 18:18
    since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

If nations are not blessed, then they are cursed, doomed to destruction, there is no neutrality here.
    Without a blessing, there is the curse.

Isaiah 34:2
    For the indignation of the Lord is against all nations, And His fury against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to the slaughter.
    Jeremiah 25:31
    A noise will come to the ends of the earth— For the Lord has a controversy with the nations; He will plead His case with all flesh. He will give those who are wicked to the sword,’ says the Lord.”

BUT, if they are in Abraham, then there is a different outcome for them. BUT that is for those who are in Abraham who is in Christ. Paul called Abraham the father of us all. God made promises to Abraham regarding salvation for all those who are in Abraham. This does not mean being Jewish, refer to John 8, it does refer to Abraham's children who are called as Isaac.
    Galatians 3, Galatians 4
    28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.

Never do we read in scripture of unbelievers being saved from destruction.

Isaiah 25
    And in this mountain
    The Lord of hosts will make for all people
    A feast of choice pieces,
    A feast of wines on the lees,
    Of fat things full of marrow,
    Of well-refined wines on the lees.
    7 And He will destroy on this mountain
    The surface of the covering cast over all people,
    And the veil that is spread over all nations.
    8 He will swallow up death forever,
    And the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces;
    The rebuke of His people
    He will take away from all the earth;
    For the Lord has spoken.

9. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is perfectly-just, and sending people to hell for not having ever heard of Him thru no fault of their own would be extremely-unjust. But they should know there's a Supreme Being.

Romans 1:18-23 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

10. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They knew God created all things, as Paul says this is in reference to God and the creation of the world.
    Not they they 'knew God' as in a saving relationship.

People who are not saved worship idols.
    Unbelievers worship some kind of idol.
    Hence People who are unbelievers are not saved.

God destroys unbelievers in old or new testaments.

Jude
    5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

Acts 17, men will be judged by the gospel of Christ. Christ said, if you dont believe you will be damned

30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

11. Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    2 Peter 2:6
    and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;

If your ungodly, you are destroyed.
    If you are not saved, you are ungodly, not of God
    You can not be godly and be an unbeliever, only believers are godly, of God.
    The things the unbelieving sacrifice in their religions, they sacrifice to idols.

1 Corinthians 12:2
    You know that you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led.

John 8:47
    He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

Fake believers condemned as liars
    John 8:54
    Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God.
    55 Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word.

All liars are condemned to hell
    Revelation 21:8
    But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

12. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning

This thread will be closed no sooner than 5 pm EDT / 2 pm PDT

13. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I quoted what Scripture says about those who've never heard of God thru no fault of their own, & that's that.

Now, about the millenium...

Scripture plainly indicates it'll occur. Thus, I believe any denial that it'll occur is wrong. SCRIPTURE is the arbiter & final authority of this question, & it says the millenium WILL occur. Bottom line.

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When jesus sets up His Kingdom here upon earth in fullness, all will know he is the lord then!

15. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s here now. Yes, it’s not in its fulness, but it is here now.

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As GE Ladd stated. Kingdom here but not here yet!

17. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was inaugurated at His first advent and consummated at His second advent.

18. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe you. It'll be in fullness when Jesus physically returns, takes over David's throne here on earth, & reigns with His saints from Jerusalem.

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all agree with that, its just the "devil in the details"

20. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your bizarre interpretation is in the category of fantasy and not at all biblical. This shows you have no credibility to speak on these issues whatsoever. False doctrine leads to false belief and practice. what you are stating is not defensible.