1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More liberty gone - NSA has YOUR records

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Magnetic Poles, May 11, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

No secret, it was on the Army News Network. Let me see if I can find you the link. It is unclassified.

2. standingfirminChrist

cool

As kids, we used to make I guess what was the equivalent of potato guns using coffee cans and a little gasoline.

We used to shoot rotten vegetables over our house and hit the street. lol

I also learned to make a homemade gun using nothing more than a bicycle spoke. I could shoot holes through a cardboard box with that one.

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I can't find the story. It was on our news network last week (at least I think that's where I got it.) Anyway, here is the Army News Site. You might find it very interesting because it doesn't have the typical media slant on it. It is for soldiers and civilians in the Army, but open to the public.

Here is a story on a leader captured a while back:

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/read.php?story_id_key=8834

You may keep checking it and search it. Supposedly they were either killed or captured in Iraq. Fairly high ranking in one of Osama's

Anyway, if your not used to this site, it has good Army news withoutexternal bias.

4. standingfirminChrist

no prob on the story, bro. just wanted to make sure ya aint stepping out ahead of general headquarters.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Why does Ken have to move to a different country for holding the very same beliefs that the founding fathers of this country held Phillip? None of them ever said this or any other government was trustworty, Jefferson went out of his way to proclaim his mistrust of them, and that's one of the main reasons we have a written constitution in the first place!

If this was directed at me Phillip, let me be clear...I never said anything about NSA manuals. I was refering to the FBI and Virginia police training manuals that accuse almost all citizens of being terror suspects for one "reason" or another. Make no mistake we are the biggest threat to those in our government that would make themselves rulers over us. Our whole system was set up like it was because the founders didn't trust government either.

Maybe you should be the one looking for a safer place to live and let those of us that still put liberty above safety have this country back.

George Washington said this about parties not meaning it as a prediction at the time I'm fairly sure. But it might as well have been, we've been seeing it come true right in front of us for decades.

From I've been reading here and other places it looks to me that one faction would willingly live under a tyrants rule as long as he's "one of their own".

6. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

The question isn't whether one should leave the Country or not...

The question is this...

Are the issues they are griping about serious enough in their own minds to get on their knees and seriously pray about them...

God has promised to heal our land, *if*

2 Chroinicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Are we not called by His Name?

Are we not, parenthetically at least, the Israel of God?

Is God not bigger and more powerful than any political party? (Or, all of them put together?)

Then this applies to all the land including righteous and moral leadership...

But, if it ain't worth praying about then why are we griping....

SMM

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

First of all, we should be praying without ceasing, so that is a mute point. Second, Ken and Poncho have every justification in the world for not trusting the government, and the Constitution gives them certain rights to try and change that. Phillip, if you cannot see the writing on the wall about this administration (and recent democratic ones), and all you can do is advise someone "if you dont like it or trust it move to another country" I have got to wonder how you are able to stop at red lights and go at green lights in traffic.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, the sad part is that this doesn't work. The alien problem is ANOTHER BIG problem, but very unlikely to be related to terrorism.

The Mexicans want work and the American Companies want cheap labor. American's also want drugs.

There has been no proven connections between fanatic muslim terrorists and illegal Mexican entry.

Could it happen? Possibly--just not likely.

The MAJOR terrorist prevention has been killing them where they live and keeping them running through the mountains. Most military activity is classified, but actually THAT is wha.t is stopping 9/11 and quite a bit of that is extremely high-tech operations and it IS working.

Just last week eleven terrorist leaders were taken down. THAT IS ELEVEN BIG BOSSES who plan and find funding to crash into buildings in big airplanes or other devious plans they can think of.

The list of proven successes by our special forces has been GREAT.'

This is what happens when you let the military run a plan instead of the politicians.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You do realize don't you that this administration has been caught several times faking news already and the Pentagon has come out and said in so many words that they are going to use propaganda on us.

Now we're even being conditioned to believe that the internet is bad and needs to be under monopolized corporate and military control because "terrorists" use it. You are being fed a steady diet of corporate governmental fertilizer Phillip. Sooner or later even you will begin to recognize what that curious smell is. ;)

9. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

I think we all should be VERY concerned that NSA has a database on our phone calls. Do you really want other people to know your business plans? Your political contributions and affiliations? Your religious, personal, or labor union relationships? Your monetary transactions and family business? Any one of these can cause serious problems if this information falls into the wrong hands.

10. SpiritualMadMan

In as much as only the telephone numbers and dates and times are currently part of the database, on the domestic side...

I am not sure how much of your political contributions, or business plans, etc. could be revealed...

Of course if you call a cult or hate group regularly that might raise a red flag and garner a wire tap request to actually record the conversation...

And, how many actual leaks have been traced to the NSA?

Compared to, say the CIA and FBI?

SMM

11. SpiritualMadMan

Oops... Double-Post

12. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

This whole thing is analogous to the NSA looking at all your mail to see who you send and receive mail from. They may not be checking content, but it is still snooping.

Once the information is in their hands, it can be used for more nefarious purposes, such as IRS investigations, and even used against political enemies. Don't you think that Nixon's CREEP (Committee to RE-Elect the President) would have used data like that? Heck, they broke into DNC offices, why not just monitor their calling patterns.

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I don't know about manuals and whatnot, but I am very, very frightened.

Horrified, even.

I actually agree -- agree -- with both MP and (gasp) Poncho!

I need to go lie down. This can't be good...

14. jet11

jet11 Member

I never said I agree with the program, because I do not. I only stated that KenH was being outrageous in his claims that all US Citizens were suspects.

I disagree wholeheartedly with the plan and hope it is ended quickly, as well as the databases destroyed. I see too much potential for abuse regardless of who is in charge of the government.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amazing! :eek:

Why the fuss NOW over something that's been common knowledge since last December?

Why not then? :confused:

16. jet11

jet11 Member

It was not common knowledge to me that they were gathering all telephone call information (domestic and international). Do you not see the potential for abuse?

I was under the impression that they were gathering only international phone calls (made and received to known terrorist numbers).

17. Magnetic Poles

[​IMG] TP, this is a sure sign of the Apocolypse!

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was not common knowledge to me that they were gathering all telephone call information (domestic and international). Do you not see the potential for abuse?

I was under the impression that they were gathering only international phone calls (made and received to known terrorist numbers).
    </font>[/QUOTE]What I don't see is the revival of an issue that has already been acknowledged and dealt with.

Why now?

Bush haters must have been having a hard time finding new issues to pelt the public with, so now they revive an old one.

Reminds me of the non issue Downing Street Memos. Just stirring the pot.

19. Magnetic Poles

Carpro, the international surveillance was revealed back then...to my knowledge (and I could be wrong), the revelation of AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth providing call detail records on all of their customers' domestic traffic to the NSA was uncovered this week by USA Today, which apparently has better intelligence than the administration! [​IMG]

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry your are so willingly being misled.