1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Muslim Rampage in Paris

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Nov 13, 2015.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you're saying the southern border is secure. No illegals are getting across? They are all getting caught.

Wow! That's comforting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kudos to Obama!:

More Mexican Immigrants Leaving U.S. Than Entering, Report Finds
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/u...aving-us-than-entering-report-finds.html?_r=0

"...More immigrants from Mexico are leaving the United States than coming into the country, according to a report published Thursday by the Pew Research Center, a finding that marks the end of the largest wave of immigration from a single country in American history.

The shift marks the first time since immigration from the neighboring nation began to rise in the 1970s that fewer Mexicans came into America than returned home, the Pew report found. The reversal is primarily the result of a steep drop in Mexicans coming into the country.

While the border debate, especially among the Republican candidates for the presidential nomination, has focused on extending walls and expanding other enforcement measures, the Pew report indicates that stepped-up border measures under the Obama administration have already helped significantly in reducing illegal crossings by Mexicans."

#82 kyredneck, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say any such thing. Please post a quote from me where I said the southern border is secure. And a quote from me saying no illegals are getting across, and that all are being caught.

What I said was the border is not open.

Why must honesty be the first casualty of any discussion on BB?

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dumb.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really need to grow up.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're certainly implying it by continuing to pretend none are getting across illegally.

I ask how they are getting across. You continue to ignore the question and post how they are being stopped.

It is you, sir, that are being dishonest.

7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you feel you have to continue to lie about what I said? I never said nor implied that no illegals were getting across the border. I said the border was not open.
    The usual means. Most in false compartments built into large trucks driven by coyotes.
    I have not lied about what you said.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All that just to get an answer to an honest question. Aren't all the trucks searched?

None are crossing just by walking across the river where it's remote and undermanned?

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    TCassidy used the word "most" not all. Folks coming north of the Rio Bravo are smuggled in by truck, cross over to the Rio Grande side of the border (as you noted) and cross the Arizona\New Mexico section of the Sonora Dessert.

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What carpo seems to have overlooked is that south Texas has just experienced a 500 year flood event. The once peaceful Rio Grande is now a raging torrent that will sweep away anyone foolish enough to try to swim across. Bodies of drowning victims are washing up on both banks of the river and even down the Gulf Coast of Tamaulipas.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be fine if I was just asking about today...but I'm not. When the river goes down, they will begin to wade across again in many remote areas. Nothing at all to stop them.. The border patrol only catches a few. and the ones they catch just get turned loose eventually to go wherever they want.

12. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What "remote areas?" Do you have any idea how populated the Rio Grande Valley is? It is one solid city from Port Isabel to El Paso with the exception of a couple hundred miles northwest of Big Bend. And those couple hundred miles are protected by the border fence with proximity detectors, vibration detectors, weight detectors, motion detectors, and video cameras, and patrolled by both helicopters and RQ-9 Predator Bs.

13. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think he's confusing the Rio Grande\Bravo valley with the deserts further west. Or he's picturing the valley as it was years ago.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes they're not even "remote".

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015...ball-cartel-smugglers-run-drugs-across-field/

Border Children in Laredo Play Football as Cartel Smugglers Run Drugs Across Field

Middle school children playing football and soccer in Laredo, Texas, and their parents are being subjected to gangs of cartel drug smugglers running through their practice fields with bails of marijuana on their backs. It is such a regular occurrence that one Laredo City Council member is speaking out for more enforcement and resources.

George Altgelt, a Laredo attorney and city council member for District 7, recently sent letters to the Laredo North Border Patrol Sector chief and the Laredo city manager asking for help for the parents of his district. In addition to the park where these children play, District 7 includes the 2nd busiest port of entry in the United States and a major international cargo bridge, the council member told Breitbart Texas in an interview on Thursday. Altgelt also assists the National Border Patrol Council Local 2455 as an attorney.

“Father McNaboe Park is a very family-oriented park,” Altgelt said to Breitbart Texas on Thursday. “We have a lot of middle school children who come here to practice soccer and football. In the middle of all of this, suddenly, gangs of cartel drug smugglers will come up from the river, run through the fields where the children are playing, and drop their load of marijuana with drivers who are waiting with getaway vehicles to haul off the drugs.”

SNIP

“The gang of drug mules then jump back in the river and swim back to Mexico,” he said. “People are bewildered about how brazen they are to do this right in front of everybody.

SNIP

Breitbart Texas spoke with U.S. Border Patrol Agent Hector Garza in his role as president of the local chapter of the National Border Patrol Council. “This area is just out of control,” Garza said. “We simply do not have enough resources to be effective in this area.”

15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now there's a well informed unbiased source! LOL! :rolleyes:

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying the story is not true? Or just complaining because it doesn't back up your position?