1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Muslim Rampage in Paris

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Although they are denying it, angry Quakers did it.

Come on, grab a clue Zaac.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now the death toll is 166. But with over 80 seriously wounded it could rise before long.

• Like Like x 1
  3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get off your moral high-horse zaac. It is getting old! Terrorists did this, they are all in bed with one another! Kill one terrorist and you take a bite out of all terrorism!

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't often agree, but we do on this issue! I would share a foxhole with you any day! Zaac is another story, I am not sure I'd want to be in the same country with him if war broke out! Roflmao

5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Boston Marathon bombers were "refugees".

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Suicide bombers? You're right. Maybe it wasn't muslims. Maybe it was the work of middle-aged Swedish nuns.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

7. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Open carry would mean that a bad guy would shoot the one who is openly carrying the weapon first - before there was a chance to react. A better meme would be "Conceal carry would likely have made a difference."

8. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ISIS has now claimed responsibility.

Well I'm here. I haven't rushed to assume that the refugees - who are fleeing this exact type of violence - are the perpetrators.

I've seen a lot of posts over the last few weeks that allegedly show how awful the refugees are, but that doesn't jibe with the stories from friends who are actively working with the plight of the refugees. Whenever you have that large of a group of people, you're always going to find some terrible persons. But the right-wing media and bloggers seem determined to judge all refugees by the actions/attitudes of a few. Moreover, I'm not even sure if the stories are accurate, since there seems to be such a bias in the reporting. Since the left has been so biased in their news reporting over the years, it seems like the right wing believe it is okay to do the same thing to "balance" the news.

My friends on ground (more than one, in two different areas doing different things) tell completely different stories - actually, they don't get to say that much because they are so busy.

9. heisrisen

heisrisen Active Member

Obama really couldn't care less. He didn't even want to say it was muslims who did it, same with the PM of Paris. It's never talked about like it should be on mainstream media.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

It wasn't 'Muslims' per say. It was the so called Islamic State and they have killed hundreds of thousands of Muslims.

Many of the refugees, not all by any means, are persecuted Christians.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Alright, next time some cop kills an unarmed black person I'm gonna ask those of you quaking about "reserving judgment" to do the same.Thumbsup Because apparently it only applies to situations that fit a certain narrative. Otherwise, it's a free-for-all jump to conclusions.

12. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I guess the next time I read a breaking news story that specifically mentions the perpetrators hollering "Allahu Akbar!" I won't rush to judgement.

o_O

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. Where did I say anything about terrorists not doing this? Connect the dots.;)

14. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So people were denying the cops were cops?

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I've seen one person's "testimony" that someone yelled that. Every other story says still developing. So it's okay to jump to conclusions because someone says someone yelled "Allahu Akbar". But let an officer shoot a fleeing , unarmed man in the back or gun down a child with a toy gun and "we just need to wait because we don't know the full story". Oh the subjectiveness of when we are to reserve judgment.:rolleyes:

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Is that what you read in my post because I certainly don't see that.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

At the time, had someone claimed responsibility so that he could say that it was Muslims who did it?

18. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You made a comparison between cops and Muslim terrorists. Are we reserving judgement on their actions, or their identity? Because there is a pretty big difference.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Thanks BB. I saw that earlier. I think everyone expected them to claim responsibility even if it wasn't them. ISIS is the terrorist du jour. Before this past year, Al Qaeda would have probably claimed responsibility. Even if it wasn't them, that's what everyone would have probably been saying.

I've been over to a few of the refugee camps to help out. And we have an area here in Atlanta that a lot of refugees settle. for the most part, these people are trying to get away from the very things a lot of folks are trying to make them responsible for.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. I made a comparison between reserving judgment and waiting to get ALL the details when a cop shoots an unarmed person and not reserving judgment and not waiting to get ALL the details when folks think Muslims are responsible for something.