1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Child wants to see a Disney Movie.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Pastor Ezequiel Davis, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm wondering if Pastor Davis is actually Sanderson

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I was wondering too but I don't think so.

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Shows how out of touch you are. The Harry Potter theme is over at the Universal Studios park, not Disney.

Soooo, Beast = Antichist? Hmmm, how about this: Nebuchanezzer was given the heart of a beast, yet he wasn't the antichrist,

Dan 4:16 Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.

Not seeing the connection with Disney's interpretation of an old French fairy tale. The "beast" didn't represent the anti christ then and doesn't now.

Really? Gotta quote from the script that suggests the Greek pantheon was real?

Matter of fact, while I'm asking for facts instead of the rhetoric you are spewing, why don't you try providing some links to this despised, ungodly, heathenistic, Satan inspired for the downfall of our children, evilness. We here at the BB are all adults, in no need of a priest to stand between us and God and tell us what we should or should not watch (or allow our children to watch) and we are perfectly capable, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, to decide for ourselves what is or is not a tool of the devil.

And after you have given us some factual information to back up this gushing of opinion that you spouted off in the OP, we might have something to discuss. That is, IF you aren't the troll the other's believe you to be.

Who cares? I laughed at them years ago when they started that nonsense, I don't take them any more seriously now. The SBC as well as folks like yourself should worry more about preaching the gospel and less about handing down rules for people to live by. Avoiding Disney movies is not going to get me any closer to appeasing God's wrath than avoiding the all you can eat Chinese buffet (remember gluttony is as much a sin as hom*sexuality). Only accepting the sacrifice of Christ will make me acceptable to God.

So climb down off your high horse and get to work telling folks the Good News and quit burdening them with your idea of what is evil and what is not.

4. jcjordan

jcjordan New Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll never let my children hang out with your kids, since they have such evil worldly desires.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Took a look at the profile for Pastor Davis. His statement of salvation says in part: "I Pray that I go to Heaven"

Why do we need to pray that we go to Heaven - if we are already in the Book of Life?

I know this might seem to be a hijack, but this is a pattern of being misguided. :confused:

Salty

ps, wait till the threads on Santa Clause and Halloween begin! :BangHead:

6. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

Obviously there are fans of Disney here which I find suprising. I do not appreciate being called a "Troll" for speaking out against what is clearly evil. http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Hellivision/waltdisney.htm
    I've no High horse to get down off of as I walk humble with the Lord and am very frank with his word.

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hehehe...what a great thread lol

8. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

That website is a real trip.

I'm canceling my dish network as I speak.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - That's sad. THAT is why he must protect himself so much from evil. He's not sure he's saved.

10. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Your link is simply more virulent opinion with not a shred of real evidence (ie, actual dialoge from the movies, interviews from the writers, directors or producers, etc) to prove what you have accused each movie of.

Try again.

11. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

12. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

We should pray constantly as well as having our thoughts always driven to the things of God. We must also be humble with those thoughts. Ephesians 6:18 and Thessalonians 5: 16-18

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep - It almost seems like a joke but it's not.

Sadly it's not.

What's even more sad is that people listen to the garbage on there.

14. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I actually stumbled on it a number of years ago. I revisit it occasionally when I need to be woken up to the lingering presence of those beliefs.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor Davis,

It is customary for new members to introduce themselves in the Welcome thread before getting into any hot subject.

You will see that we give a warm welcome to those who come thur the front door. We do want you to be part of this great family, but...

16. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Can I take a moment to address most everyone else. If this man is real, not a troll, we should still give him respect while challenging him and asking questions. If we are to be known by our love, let it begin here.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife and I went and saw "Toy Story 3" last weekend and we both enjoyed it very much. I would recommend this movie to everyone.

We go to the movies fairly often and watch television and DVDs. Currently we are into the third season of "24" on DVD from Netflix.

#37 KenH, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  18. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

I am suprised to find as much liberal thinking as I have here. Very suprised.

19. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

For that I apologize as I overlooked the new member section.:tonofbricks:

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and what is your definition of Liberal ?

Yes, this is a serious question

Salty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.