1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Child wants to see a Disney Movie.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Pastor Ezequiel Davis, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wrong. That is my photo, and you have stolen it. Give it back, now!

/sarcasm

2. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

LOL...Die Hard...LOL

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

At least they didn't take you to see The Naked Gun. Now THAT is evil.

Wow - your wife is an amazing photographer! Does she continue to use her talent today?

4. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

Not so much today as she has children to raise. She did do quite well photographing weddings and other special events in years past though.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Wow! Then I guess you and your wife have an outstanding case of copyright infrigement against Jason Major (http://www.istockphoto.com/user_view.php?id=373592), the photographer who claims to have taken that photo.

Let us know how that civil suit turns out, ok?

6. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

Jason is my Brother in-law and photo's are not the only thing that he has stolen from my family. Regretably, we no longer speak to Jason or his wife due to his theivery and her sloth.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can I ask why you called someone a "sicko" who was using the photograph from a stock website? If you knew your wife donated it, then why accusing someone of stealing?

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But you just told us as I copied above that your wife donated it to the site. Which is it? Your brother-in-law stole it or your wife donated it?

9. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Leave a troll alone, he just wants to cause controversy.

10. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

But this whole conversation is actually kind of amusing.

11. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

She put it up on istock and Jason hacked into her computer and stole her passwords and then stole some of her work and credited it to himself.:BangHead:

12. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

That's the best you got?

Now...let's hear the explanation for all the plastic surgery required to make your avatar and the other photo in your profile into the same person.

13. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has certainly been entertaining. I needed some good laughs after a long day at work. Thanks. :thumbs:

14. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

:laugh: Thanks for the laughs...

15. Pastor Ezequiel Davis

Plastic surgery nothing. The other picture is my graduation photo and it's ten years old. Whenever I go in the sun my hair lightens up naturally.

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yeah...I always take a black suit on vacation with me to the desert.

But I always love a good "in action" photo. Put it on your baseball card. It will be worth more :)

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Andy Griffith Show: promotes exaltation of Judaism, disrespect to police, praises drunkeness and homosexuality (Cmon, Floyd the Barber...REALLY?)

Golden Girls: promotes promiscuity, divorce, female headship

Flintstones: promotes partner exchange, medieval values, animal worship, anti-creationist

Jetsons: New age, promiscuity, falsehood (I still have no flying car or conveyer belt in my house)

Gaither Videos: Promotes greed, love of money, and plays the same songs as the last darned tape by the same singers...and the same price.

Bugs Bunny: promotes homosexuality (He kissed Elmer Fudd a lot), disrespect to humans, reversal of created order (animals beating up humans), netherworld and demon world (like the monster with the tennis shoes in the haunted house)

And finally, a couple of books:

Song of Solomon: full of sexually graphic language.
    Revelation: full of talk of Satan, demons, angels...GASP!

#77 TomVols, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
  18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I really do not care what you do with your opinions, just keep them inside the walls of your church and away from mine. My question to other posters is, since I am not a pastor, where do these people come from? Are the Bible colleges and seminaries hurting for students, so recruiters have been visiting funny farms for candidates?

#78 saturneptune, Jun 24, 2010
  19. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Perhaps I do not understand. If a photo is put into stock then there is no reason to have to hack a computer. It is available for anyone to use. However, credit should be given to the photographer.

Why did he have to hack the computer? If the photo was in stock, why didn't he just get it from there?

Concerning television. It is like the Internet, movies, radio, etc. You have to use discernment. There are wonderful educational and travel programs that you children could benefit greatly from by watching them. For instance Ken Burns National Parks series is very educational. This is just one example. The Rick Steves travel series is very educational. If I had young children I would carefully monitor what was watched. But certainly I would use the TV as an educational tool.

Also, "Speaking of Faith" on NPR has wonderful interviews. I realize there are fundamentalists who would object to interviewing those of other faiths. But these are very educational and can help a person understand how others think and then, when in conversation with such a person, not come off as completely ignorant of the others beliefs. Rather the discussion can remain rationial. Showing an interest and knowledgable will open many doors that would be slammed shut by ignorance and intolerance. Show others as much respect as you want shown to you.

Yes they did and looked extremely foolish and intolerant in the process. I was told many messangers voted for the motion .... and then went to Disney World after the convention ended. I cannot say this is absolutely true ... it is simply what I was told by others who were at the convention. Go figure .....

#79 Crabtownboy, Jun 24, 2010
  20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Do you ever shut up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.