1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Natasha Richardson dies at 45 after ski accident

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Mar 18, 2009.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a sad story for a fall that didn't seem serious when it happened. :(

Natasha Richardson dies at 45 after ski accident
    By HILLEL ITALIE, AP National Writer

NEW YORK – Natasha Richardson, a gifted and precocious heiress to acting royalty whose career highlights included the film "Patty Hearst" and a Tony-winning performance in a stage revival of "Cabaret," died Wednesday at age 45 after suffering a head injury during a beginners' ski lesson. Alan Nierob, the Los Angeles-based publicist for Richardson's husband Liam Neeson, confirmed her death in a written statement.

"Liam Neeson, his sons (Micheal and Daniel), and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha," the statement said. "They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

The statement did not give details on the cause of death for Richardson, who suffered a head injury when she fell on a beginner's trail during a private ski lesson at the luxury Mont Tremblant ski resort in Quebec. She was hospitalized Tuesday in Montreal and later flown to a hospital in New York.

- more at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_natasha_richardson

" According to a statement from Mont Tremblant Ski Resort, Richardson fell during a lesson on a beginners' trail.

"She did not show any visible sign of injury, but the ski patrol followed strict procedures and brought her back to the bottom of the slope and insisted she should see a doctor," the statement said.

Richardson, accompanied by her instructor, returned to her hotel, but about an hour after the fall was "not feeling good," the statement said. An ambulance was called, and Richardson was taken to a local hospital before being transferred to Hopital du Sacre-Coeur in Montreal. From there she was transferred to Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. "

- www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/18/obit.richardson/index.html

#1 KenH, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Truly a sad and tragic accident. My prayers are with the family and friends...

:praying:

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I just read today about her fall and that she was hospitalized. I didn't know she had died. My goodness, life can go quickly! And it didn't even seem like a serious fall at first - she was okay until an hour afterwards.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I enjoyed her best in Disney's Parent Trap (1998). [​IMG]

5. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never heard of her. It is sad though. I definitely feel bad for Liam Neeson & his family.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I didn't remember who she was - I'd seen her in a couple of things but had forgotten. Life is but a vapor . . .

I've been thinking about her sons especially.