1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

National Guard Living In Parking Garage In Democrat-Run D.C.: ‘We Feel Incredibly Betrayed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thousands of National Guardsmen were forced to vacate congressional grounds on Thursday and have been photographed having to sleep in parking garages while temperatures in the nation’s capital were set to dip down to near-freezing temperatures.

The photos of the living conditions that the National Guardsmen were forced to endure come after Democrats took complete control of the federal government this week following Joe Biden being sworn in as the nation’s 46th president.
    “Yesterday dozens of senators and congressmen walked down our lines taking photos, shaking our hands and thanking us for our service,” a National Guardsmen told Politico. “Within 24 hours, they had no further use for us and banished us to the corner of a parking garage. We feel incredibly betrayed.”

Photos Emerge Of National Guard Living In Parking Garage In Democrat-Run D.C.: ‘We Feel Incredibly Betrayed’

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Guvnuh

Guvnuh Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical dem operation.
    AOC should go stand by them, fake a cry and scream at the deplorable conditions.
    (Don’t hold your breath)

This was an overblown situation and event. It was and remains a misuse of our military. The whole thing is embarrassing and a sham.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The whole thing is outrageous. Democrats are crazy. All of them. If you associate yourself with them you are a participant in evil and that includes members of this board.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All the more reason for the governors of the various states to deny future use of State guards. I'm proud of our Governor Abbot. I hope others will join him and weigh not ever allowing them to be called up again.

Quantrill

6. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    are none of them born-again Christians? :Cautious

7. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I honestly do not know how anyone could align themselves with the Democrat Party and be a repentant Christian.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    the ex leader of the Liberal Democrats, here in the UK, was a born-again believer!

9. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is his name, how do you know that, what did he say, what did he do, you will know them by the fruit of their lips.
    Was there anything as from a Christian view you did not like about his politics. Did he favor other religions as ways to come to God?
    Some of these people will say, God has revealed to people who have not heard of Christ other ways into heaven.

10. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Timothy James Farron. I actually did write to him when he was the leader, and asked why when he was aked is he thought homosexuality was a sin, that he never answered it. this was his reply

Dear Andy,

Thank you very much for your support and your prayers. I hugely appreciate your taking the time to encourage me.

I particularly appreciate your consideration in taking the time to share your perspective, your faith and your prayers with me. I would very much value this going forward.

I make no effort to hide my Christian faith and whenever I am asked about it I am happy to talk about it. It is a source of great strength to me. However, I have been elected into office to represent the views of a strong and resilient and very liberally-minded political party. Whilst my own personal faith brings great comfort and strength to me privately, I have no desire to impose my own beliefs onto others who may be resistant to them.

My Liberal instincts are not only to tolerate, but to respect the views of others, even if I might personally disagree. That, for me, is the hallmark of a civilised and compassionate society.

Thankyou once again for your suggestions and for your prayers. They are deeply appreciated.

Best wishes,

Tim

Tim Farron MP | Leader of the Liberal Democrats

11. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just about all our politicians claim to be Christian. Most are not. Christians do not support abortion. Christians do not support Gay marriage. Christians do not promote LBGTQ? advancement.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Voting record - Tim Farron MP

13. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not speaking about the UK, don't know anything about the UK parties.

14. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    you made a sweeping statement in # 8, which cannot possibly be true! It is like saying that everyone in the GOP is a true believer! which is nonsense

15. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not a ringing endorsement of faith there.
    I assume he supports gay marriage too in society, maybe would enforce it on churches that dont agree by laws against discrimination.
    People who speak against sexual immorality get God's respect, like John the Baptist, and it cost him his head courtesy of a leading 'politician' of that time.
    I dont see John as being very tolerant speaking of this publicly. If you speak out against sexual immorality today, many will also want to silence or even kill you and certainly will hate you.

3 For Herod had seized John and bound him and put him in prison for the sake of Herodias, his brother Philip's wife,
    4 because John had been saying to him, “It is not lawful for you to have her.”
    5 And though he wanted to put him to death, he feared the people, because they held him to be a prophet.

Should the church speak out against sin in their preaching to the world or not?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tim Farron resigns and admits it would be 'impossible' for him to be Liberal Democrat leader and 'remain faithful to Christ'

18. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you need to re-read my statement from post #8. It is not the same thing as saying everyone in the GOP is a believer because I would not say that. We know everyone in the GOP is not a believer. What I ACTUALLY SAID was this,

I do not know how anyone can align themselves with the Democrat Party (US) and be a repentant Christian.

I wholeheartedly believe and stand by that statement.

19. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except you can't. That is not even close to the same thing and it is gross to even suggest that is the same thing! You should be ashamed of yourself!