1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

National Guard Living In Parking Garage In Democrat-Run D.C.: ‘We Feel Incredibly Betrayed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 22, 2021.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree he never should have sent tge National Guard. For one thing, it was not needed. For another, they already had all the resources they would need. It was just a Dem political move.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets see - in 2019 I voted for a Democrat for Supervisor (same as a Mayor) -
    So am I a repentant Christian?

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONE Final time to Clarify:
    Presidents CANNOT call up State Guards (aka Defense Force, military reserve, ect) Which comes under Title 32

Presidents ARE authorized to call up the NATIONAL Guard and use them in any State or Commonwealth as well as overseas as he sees fit.
    see this link: 10 U.S. Code § 12406 - National Guard in Federal service: call

As far as the Posse Comitatus Act. It does NOT apply to the Coast Guard OR the National Guard! The Posse Comitatus Act > U.S. Northern Command > Article View

If you think that the info I have posted - is incorrect - then post a valid link that so indicates. But we need to stop incorrect info. Jon has well presented the actual facts!

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, matters changed with the passing of the Dick Act aka the Militia Act of 1903.

6. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said if YOU align yourselves with the Democrat Party Platform.