1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured New Birth before and Unto Faith !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You might want to rethink your position. Jesus said that before the cross.
    While on the cross he said the words: "It is finished." Then the "work" of salvation was finished. There was nothing left for anyone to do, but freely accept what Christ had done on the cross. He paid the penalty in full.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

HP is right. Jesus tells us what we have to do, and DHK and Biblicist say it is works and heresy.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Jesus said it is finished. We do not have to work at our salvation anymore. We do not have to bring animal sacrifices every time we sin. God nailed those things to the cross. Jesus did not say repentance is finished! Jesus did not say stop sinning was finished! Your beliefs are ridiculous. It is against God. It is false. What you teach hinders yourself and others from the Truth.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What you have implied of the beliefs of others on this board is incorrect and slanderous.

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When a person is justified by faith they are no longer under the condemnation of the law or the PENALTY for sin. Christ finished paying the PENALTY of sin so that we will not pay that penalty. If we are JUSTIFIED we are not under any penalty! If we are not justified then we are under the PENALTY.

Christ also FINISHED what the law required for righteousness. Christ not only satisfied the PENALTY of the Law by his death but he satisfied the RIGHTEOUS demands of the law - sinlessness - by his life that was sacrificed.

Hence, we are no longer under either the PENALTY or the PERFECT demand of the Law to go to heaven as that was FINISHED by the PERSON and WORK of Jesus Christ.

Repentance is something Christians do not to be rejustified or to repay what Christ FINISHED but to experience the blessings of salvation in their life. For Christians the consequence of non-repentance is CHASTENING not WRATH because we are now children not enemies, we are born into his family no longer in the family of darkness.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

God saves us when we are contrite for our sins. If someone is not sorrow for their sins, then why would they even come to God through Jesus? Stop speaking nonsense.

Psalm 66:18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,
    the Lord would not have listened;

2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

#86 Moriah, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If that were true, then Judas Iscariot would be a saved man. But even Jesus called him the son of perdition. Satan filled his heart and he went out and hung himself, but he was sorry for his sins!
    Both verses are in the OT aren't they? Are you trying to prove something here?

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You have said many false things about my beliefs. I guess you get to give your beliefs but others cannot. There is a name for that. I have also read that you called others here liars and deceitful. I do not agree with you on that either.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Jesus did not say stop sinning was finished! Your beliefs are ridiculous. It is against God. It is false. What you teach hinders yourself and others from the Truth.

The above quote by you is false. No one here believes that one can go on sinning as they like. Your implication is ludicrous and slanderous. If you can't show who believes that and quote them then retract your statement. In the future don't post things that people on the board don't believe. It is called slander and is a bad testimony for the board.

Your beliefs are ridiculous--a personal offensive accusation.

It is false--another false accusation

What you teach hinders yourself and others from the Truth--a totally unnecessary offensive statement. The entire post should have been given an infraction IMO.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Does a person have to be sorry for their sins to be saved? Tell us why or why not.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, they don't.
    Sorrow for sin doesn't save. I keep giving you the example of Judas. Why don't you believe me? Many people are sorry for their sins, but that doesn't make them saved. Being sorry for your sins is not repentance.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Do you believe being sorry for our sins was nailed to the cross? Simple yes or no please.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

People have to believe and be sorry for their sins; part of the message that saves is that Jesus died for sinners. If a person were not sorry for their sins, then why in the world would they want to stop doing them?

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The question doesn't make any sense.
    But for your sake: NO, of course not.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you have children? Have you raised a family?
    When a child gets caught doing wrong, he or she immediately says: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry; please, I'm sorry."
    That sounds like the plea of a child trying to escape the consequence of a wrong committed, whether the consequence be a spanking or a privilege being taken away. But being sorry doesn't necessarily change a person. The child may keep on committing the same action and keep on "being sorry," or simply apologizing for committing the wrong. It depends on how far they think they can push the limits of the parent.

Saying I'm sorry is just an apology. God does not want an apology. Nowhere in the Bible are we commanded to apologize for our sins. That is what being sorry for your sins is--apologizing. "Whoops, I'm sorry God."
    The Lord doesn't accept it.
    And it doesn't get anyone saved. It is false message of hope.

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Stop with your false accusations. Just because you do not understand the question, it does not mean it does not make any sense.

What makes you think that a person does not have to be sorry for their sins before they are saved? I gave you scriptures telling you that we have to be sorry for our sins.

What do you believe God nailed to the cross?

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He nailed the law to the cross. He nailed our sin to the cross.
    But sorrow--NO!

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I am telling it to you. Jesus is not posting error on this board, you are ! Jesus made a statement to those He was speaking that unless they repent, they should likewise perish. Thats True, and Jesus is the one who gives those He is a Saviour to repentance ! Acts 5:31

31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I asked God to forgive me because I was sorry for my sins. I had not known about the repent or perish scripture. I repented because I wanted to obey God and be reconciled to Him. I was sorry for my sins, despite your analogy of the child and parent. Even if I had repented out of fear, it does not make my apology any less contrite.
    Stop denying we have to repent and that repent means to want to turn from that sin or sins. Here are many scriptures saying we have to.
    "If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "…but now God commands all people everywhere to repent." Acts 17:30

"Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, and times of refreshing may come from the Lord." Acts 3:19
    "Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him and to our God, for He will freely pardon."
    Isaiah 55:7

"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret."
    2 Corinthians 7:10
    You go against the Word of God when you say we do not have to repent, and when you say repenting is not being sorry for our sins. You go against the Word of God when you say God does not accept our repentance.
    It would be right to repent even if someone repented because of suffering.
    Revelations 9:20 The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.

#99 Moriah, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

So, Repentance has always been given to God's Elect, pre and post cross, and it was always given premised on the shed blood of Christ !

It has always been finished in the Mind of God, so He was in God's Mind slain from the foundation Rev 13:8

8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

God saved the Elect on credit of the Cross that Jesus would not actually pay until 33 ad ! However because God trusted His Son's Faithfulness to pay the sin debt of the Elect in the fulness of Time, He could still Justify men based upon that Payment from the foundation of the world ! Rom 3:25

25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,

The OT Saints, as like the NT Saints, were given Faith in the Blood of Christ !

False Teaching. God the Father accepted what Christ did on the Cross as a payment for all the sins of those Christ died for. The Resurrection of Christ gave evidence that God had Justified all for whom He accepted Christ Offering of Himself in behalf of ! Rom 4:25

25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.

The only thing left to be done is that God must reveal to everyone Christ died for, that they are Justified by His Blood !

All this, they must accept this and that is false teaching, works salvation ! God accepted Christ's Blood, that was good enough !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.