1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

New from Colorado

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chili1955, Nov 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Chili1955

Chili1955 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi fellow Christians
    I just recently retired so I have time to be an active member. I was raised in Deep South, then lived in Southern Cal for 47 years , in Colorado for 5 years.
    I was taught Landmark but no longer believe much of it.
    I am interested in Baptist History and Missions. I would like to get involved in Muslim friendship to show love of Christ. Denver has huge Muslim population.

Sincerely Jeff

• Like Like x 2
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the BB Jeff. Lots of folks knowledgeable with Baptist History and Missions on board here. All you need do is not be bashful and start a thread or two. :)

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jeff... I was born in San Diego and lived there for 57 years... Lost my first wife after 30 years, she passed away and married another who grew up in Colorado, Alamosa, we have been married for 15 years now and live in Northern California, Sacramento... Where did you live in So Cal?... Welcome to the BB... Brother Glen:)

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome - will be interesting when you splain to us as to why you left the Landmark thinking.

5. Chili1955

Chili1955 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To Mr Tyndale. My family came to Southeast Los Angeles County in 1968. Compton then to Norwalk.I went to Norwalk High. My wife and I lived the past 20 years in Long Beach CA. My wife got real scared in Long Beach due to a racial situation (white people were being attacked because of their race.Of course the mainstream media is not interested in that) and we moved to Colorado where I worked in the public School system in Special Ed.

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jeff!... Small world isn't it... The Lord sure knows how to bring his children together... In 1968 I was stationed in Marine Barracks in Long Beach in Military Police... After I got out of the service I met my first wife in San Diego married and had two kids, both Special Ed... After she passed met another... Special Ed Parent meets and marries Special Ed teacher... She's now retired... Brother Glen:)

7. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jeff, welcome to the Baptist Board. I hope you find it a blessing. Come on down to the Baptist History forum. We have a few recent posts there dealing with some Baptist history in the South, not the Deep South, but the edge of it, in East Texas.

8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You born in 1955? I'm 54 vintage...:D

9. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm a bit younger than Glen ( Tyndale1946 ) by about 20 years and wasn't a Marine.
    I did a stint as an Aviation Electrician's Mate in Uncle Sam's Navy at Miramar in San Diego.

I live in Illinois, now.

I'm not that familiar with your old neck of the woods, but I've been near there...
    A flight through LAX a time or two and a visit to the Carl's Junior in Chino was as close I ever got ...
    Still, I never did make the drive in on the ground to Long Beach during the late 80's, because I didn't want to brave the traffic. ;)

Sorry about Long Beach...
    I hear that area has been difficult for a long time now, especially Compton.

Welcome to the BB, Jeff.