1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NHL Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Apr 11, 2007.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

It sounds good to me. Nothing can be any worse that what is going on now. I particularly like the idea of moving the season to get away from the finals being during the NBA playoffs.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I only have 3 suggestions and 1 of them matches the article.

1: Show Gary Bettman the door and ask him to use it. It makes no sense to me why a guy who almost single-handedly ruined a professional sports league still runs it.

Absolutely. This is one thing that must be done. For some reason, hockey has always seemed like it should have Bristol, CT as its broadcast home. BTW, Hockey highlights are still on SportsCenter.

I don't agree with this. Who wants to watch hockey in July? How about shortening the season? How about reducing the number of teams that make the playoffs and make the regular season mean more than it does now? The season starts in November, right? A November to March regular season sounds right to me, with the playoffs starting at the end of March and ending in May.

There's an old show-business adage that nobody in the NHL gets.

"Leave 'em wanting more."

By the time the Stanley Cup Finals roll around, we're saying, "Are you still here?"

I think all other suggestions are fine ideas, but they're value-adds, not the kinds of things that will save the league.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I really liked the no icing the puck in penalty situations - do the crime pay the time! - This would also increase scoring, always a good thing

To shorten the season would necessitate lowering the salaries - the union would never go for it

The taking the helmut off for penalty shots goes to bringing the fans back closer to the players, all sports need to get the players closer to the fans for identity and building up the fan base.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

How much power does the players' union actually have in the NHL?

No agenda behind the question btw, because I have no idea.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It's over for this year. The Ducks have one the series four games to one.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Glad to see the Cup stay in the states.

I am eager to discuss Cowlishaw's artucle, but time doesn't permit it now. Maybe a new thread based on this?

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Works for me, Tom.