None are Clean

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Reformed, Oct 12, 2019.

1. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All you managed to post were Democrat talking points such as the smear of innocent Scooter Libby and the revision of JFK.

What do you have to say that Lincoln did wrong?

2. Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose you failed to read this statement of mine:

"The purpose of the thread was not to state whether the things listed were right or wrong. These things dogged their respective administrations, which proves that each of these administrations had scandals and controversies."

I do not care whether Scooter Libby is guilty or innocent. Personally, I was unconcerned about the whole thing when it was happening. The point is that every single administration is going to have to deal with scandals or controversies, whether they are real or contrived. Obama stated that his administration was going to be the most honest and transparent one is history. That promise did not stand long before it crumbled.

I am an unaffiliated voter (independent), so I am not beholding to the corrupt Republican or Democrat machines. While my conscience will never allow me to vote for a Democrat, it does automatically mean I am going to vote for a Republican. When I do vote I understand that the person I am voting for will probably let me down and disappoint me more than once. We need to keep that in mind.

3. Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, 1 Samuel 8. Israel demanded a King. God essentially told them they were really stupid for wanting a king. The wicked Israelites refused to listen to God. Their central desire was for a strong military. V.20: That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.

4. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your post was just DNC. You repeated a lie about Scooter Libby. What bad do you have to say about Abraham Lincoln?

5. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actual a number of things

Judge Napolitano on Lincoln

6. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That got them far.

8. Shoostie Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Isrealites gave up freedom for security, and so eventually had neither. Beware the fear-mongers, for they would enslave you.

9. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure - Go Ahead!