1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NT six literal days

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Umm...

That's not my argument, that's your argument. I've stated explicitly that he did not create it imperfectly. You're the one who said that the "waw" is conjuntive, therefore it was created "waste and void", which goes contrary to the Scriptures that state he created it not that way.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You keep making a wrong assumption. If the conjunction is vaw, and a continuation is from verse one, obviously it is a continuation of his creation. As I said it is a description of a step by step creation. Listen (or read) to Henry Morris's description on Gen.1:1, in his book "The Genesis Record:"
    Genesis 1:2 follows that without break, and continues that creation.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bible does NOT say "for in six days the Lord RESTORED the earth"!!

Rather that Bibel says that in Creation week God MADE ALL life on earth AND the Sun AND the moon - in fact "CREATED AND MADE" according to Gen 2:3-4

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That fact that you question what God said He did does NOT CHANGE the fact of Gen 1-2 sir. Your questions are not a source of scripture nor a basis for doctirne because they are only your musing as you reach wrong conclusion after wrong conclusion.

As was stated on Day 1 and 2 and 3 BEFORE the SUN and MOON were made - each one was completed and was good as God ordained it!!

EVEN including ALL plant life made BEFORE the sun!

Your "that's not right" and "That's not perfect" and "God messed up" language can only be found in YOUR posts - not the Bible.

Surely every reader can already see that -

In Gen 2:3-4 we find that this 7 day week describes what God "CREATED and MADE" in those 7 evenings and mornings JUST as Exodus 20 summarized and confirmed for the objective reader.

in Christ,

Bob

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Neither does it say "for in six days the Lord CREATED the earth"!

Sir I have never questioned what God said. This continues to amaze me that you folks say such outlandsh things. I am the one that is trying to keep God's selected "words" in tact.

The BIBLE SAYS "for in six days the Lord MADE the earth." Yet you and others keep insisting that is says "created" when it clearly doesn't. I can't find a SINGLE passage or text that links the six days to creation. They ALL say MADE.

Again it just makes me laugh that you would accuse me of questioning what God said, when it fact it is YOU that is making a mockery out of what is ACTUALLY said.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This thread needs to be closed as it has already reached 33 pages. A new one on creation has already been started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.