1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama E.O. forbids Christmas cards to G.I.'s in Muslim countries.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 23, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.tdtalliance.com/2015/11/obama-launches-first-salvo-in-war-on.html

Bah humbug! Who didn't see this coming? I am surprised he didn't find a way around Christmas cards to GI's years earlier. And yet American's are led to believe Muslims and Christians co-exist harmoniously? And you can keep your doctor? And you will save money once Obamacare is implemented. And the Benghazi attack was caused by a movie release that was anti-Muslim. And of course, Clinton will not be anything like her bosz???

What say you about Balack Obama's latest E.O.?

#1 righteousdude2, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know the almost-year-old link goes to a satire site, right?

#2 rsr, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, he doesn't.

Did you know that Trump will appoint his father-in-law to be the head of the Federal Reserve? From the same site:

Trump has been discussing who he would have fill his Cabinet should he be elected. His choices will make liberals and their cohorts in the media go absolutely insane.

One pick which may be particularly controversial is his choice for head of the Federal Reserve. The billionaire is reportedly vetting his own father in law Viktor Knaves.

"I don't care if he's a Communist." Trump told Fox News in a phone interview. "Even though Viktor still lives in Slovenia, he loves America. His close ties with Russia and his experience with Communists have made him very wise with money. Not to mention he looks a lot like me."

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RD2 - need to spend a bit more time checking these things out. First, the story came out November 2015; second, it originated from a site calling itself Fox News the FB Site (Fox News just uses "Fox News" on all its related information sources); and third, in order to verify it's a Christmas card, and not a "get well" or "thinking of you", they'd have to open every piece of mail; and even the ACLU would want a piece of that lawsuit action.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't put it past them

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOt atire! It is for real, and something we as believers need to pray about and keep in mind when we vote!

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. The article is a year old.
    2. It has a link to another article title "Anonymous finger Ben Carson as Ku Klux Klan member."
    As the article date is November of 2015, did the Christmas cards for 2015 get trashed?

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must be in ignore....

For those that dislike Snopes, there were at least two other websites that check these things out, that also confirmed this was a hoax.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please check Snopes and/or Truth or Fiction and/or Urban Legends before you post stuff you read on Facebook. Save a lot of this sort of threads.

12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please read the post above your post comment and you will see I addressed my error! I don't think I need you "piling on!"

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I can tell you this: My brother was in a Muslim country in the Navy and while they could receive Christmas cards and we send Christian material to them, they were not allowed to bring any of it outside of their compound. THAT was very strict.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can believe your post. Outside the compound you are in their country and their laws, rules and customs apply.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Y
    Thank you Anne for validating this. I had heard this was happening, but until I happened upon the apparently year old article, I didn't know

Thanks ctb....it should concern all Americans.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know missionaries in the same country my brother was in and they need to be very careful about not bringing big attention to themselves but they do bring the Gospel to the people. My brother, as being a member of the military and representing the US had to be really careful about what he did with anything outside the compound. I understand that completely but if someone were to ask my brother something about God or the Bible, he would answer them honestly with the truth. :) Please do pray for our Christian military brothers and sisters who are serving our country in hostile nations. Pray for boldness and wisdom as well as encouragement for them to grow in the Lord themselves.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Each week, I print out the missions moments from the Southen Bapt Convention webpage.
    Often the name of the name of the missionary is fictional and the name of the country is not posted for security of the missionary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When I was in charge of our church website, I had to hide the identity of a missionary who was serving in a hostile country with his family. I made sure he was on the list though so that people who prayed for the missionaries saw that there was someone there who needed prayer but I used initials and only a photo of the land he was working in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OH, Hmm, then why don't they stop accepting our foreign aid money which says "IN GOD WE TRUST" with no mention of their god AT ALL.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RD2 - they didn't validate your thread. They corrected it. G.I.'s in foreign countries, even muslim countries, have been, are, and will continue to be able to receive Christmas cards.

G.I.s, depending on the rules of engagement for their location, may or may not be able to take Christian-related materials off-base into the local area.