1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's boo-boo: Police acted "stupidly"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

And why is that? If 14 years aren't enough years of experience to qualify one, how many does he have to have? In most police departments, he is probably almost 3/4 of the way to being able to retire.

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Obama: what a coward!

Listen to this cowardly, booger-headed statement by Mister Perfect:

http://www.reuters.com/article/dome...Type=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true

What's wrong, mister President? Your mouth can't form the words, "I'm sorry?" That's what a real man would have done.

What a pathetic man you are. I'll pray for you and your leadership, but you are completely deficient of character, honor, and integrity.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

He entered his first year of college on grants and a Fullbright scholarship offered to foreign students under the name of Barry Sortoro (sp?) a foreign student from Indonesia.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Just what are your qualifications?
    A) For making this judgement concerning another poster?

B) For making any judgement concerning the actions of the police and the homeowner?

Answer to both questions expected.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I guess this is just too logical.......

But, imo, remove the element of race and then ask....

If a neighbor reports suspicious activity appearing as an unnatural entry to a nearby house, are police expected to respond?

Appearing at the scene, is it to be expected that the finding of evidence of forced or unnatural entry should triger an investigation by police to determine whether or not a crime is taking place or has taken place?

Upon discovering a person in the house under these suspicious circumstances.... is it or is it not presumptuous to assume that all is well and leave without determining the legality of that person's presence?

Even, if identified by a neighbor as the home owner, should the police atomatically assumed the legality of that person's presence or correct identity? (Consider here the other possible circumstances ..... a hostage situation: a spousal fight and separation where one party is locked out in the process of getting restraining orders, etc.)

Is it reasonable, under these suspicious circumstances (or are these circumstances of a neighbor's call and evidence of forced entry not suspicious?) for the police to verify the person's identity? Wouldn't such be expected to appear in their report? Wouldn't a reasonable and rational person consider this as normal and expected and cooperate with the LEO? Then why the beliegerance and race issue raised? Who raised this and why?

Gates may be an outstanding professor but he's a buffoon if race takes precidencs over normal and rational social behavior and gives him a reactionary excuse to abuse another where there should have existed equality of understanding and response with cooperation. His demanding the officer's name.... this was not required as he was not being charged and could have been found later at the department on the police report..... but accompanied by the beligerant behavior.... was indicative of creating a potential dispute.... which is better taken to the presence of witnesses.... so the officer was protecting himself in a reasonable situation where the object was already aggressive and agitated and unwilling to let go.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awww....come on now give him a break! His telyprompter was broke and he did nto know what to say.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

his telepromter broke and he had to wing it.

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He got it from MP.

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

On the Internet anyone can claim anything. Rebelt may be the finest police officer in the land, but there is no way I can know any of it is true.

But, given that it is true, and this man is indeed what he says. It would not be beyond belief to question that one police officer would favor another officer.

As far as I can tell this Professor Gates was no doubt being loud and abusive toward this officer. Up to this point, I believe this officer was doing his job, but when he asked Mr. Gates to step outside, I believe he was baiting him because in public he could be arrested.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, is that an apology - if so, it sure mirrors BO's "apology" ! :smilewinkgrin:

12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

It doesn't appear that he asked Gates to step outside. He said he was leaving and if Gates had anything else to say to him, he could do it outside. Gates followed him outside and verbally abused and assaulted the office. Gates was clearly in the wrong, and there is no defense for it. Harvard has to be embarrassed over this. How can a guy with Gates' supposed level of intelligence act like this? It shows that he has no understanding of race issues at all. If I were Harvard, I would be moving towards immediate dismissal for cause unless some facts come out that haven't been made known.

My suspicion is that when the tapes are released, Gates is going to look even worse.

#52 Pastor Larry, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
  13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am under the understanding that there were several civilians standing outside observing. If that is the case, then I am sure the officer would be watching his P & Q's - thats if he practiced what he preached in his racial classes.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And over Usurper Obama.

I'll guarantee it. Is there any doubt that if the tapes would support Gates MSNBC wouldn't have worn them out playing them over and over?

15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

And you didn't know the police officer who filed the police report, but that didn't stop you from questioning the validity of said report.

So you believe the police report now?

And, when, exactly, did the officer ask Mr. Gates to step outside? From what I could tell from the report, Gates went outside of his own volition.

The short story is that you don't know what happened, but Obama said the police were in the wrong and you parroted what he said. Perhaps it's time to start thinking for yourself a little bit more.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Just curious how you know this to be fact?

I am not doubting what you say because I don't know but you appear to have more info than I. What I hear is he did identify himself and got his wallet/ID off the table. If I'm not mistaken, that is what Obama said at the news conference.

I also understand they officers baited him outside for the purpose of charging him with being unruly in public. If that is true, and the man was in his home, had identified himself as being the homeowner and the only reason they baited him outside and arrested him is because he hurt their feelings by talking back to them, then,,, I think I see this more like Obama that it was stupid.

But again, I don't know all the facts so just going by the rumors I hear.

17. sag38

sag38 Active Member

So why don't you accuse President Obama of the same thing that you are accusing Donna of? The President didn't know all the facts either and yet made a snap judgment.

18. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there was ever any question of who the consumers of the kool-aid are, this thread should have removed any doubt!

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

From what I can tell from the police report, Mr. Gates was not asked to go outside and went out on his own volition.

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Because he admitted to that.