1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's boo-boo: Police acted "stupidly"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Jul 22, 2009.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Like I said, I have only seen Internet chatter so you may be right. I had heard he was baited outside. Not forced but baited at which time the officer said, "good, you're outside so now we can arrest you". or something to that effect.

If I am wrong them I apologize in advance but I have only heard Internet chatter on this.

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Because he admitted to that.

Where did he admit to that? If so he should have apologized.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I have stated my posititon. It was easy to understand. I don't expect you to agree, but this is how I see it.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He began his statement with, "I don't know all the facts". This means everything after is conjecture. Donna has no such disclaimer so it appears she is stating fact.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Not exactly.

He began with "I don't know all the facts," and then followed that with a statement that shouldn't be made unless he knew all the facts.

Couple that with a tap-dance instead of an apology, and you have one Mess...official size and weight.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think he being a politicaian...

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If I say I don't know all the facts and you take my following words as fact, then who is at fault? Not the guy who said I don't have all the facts.

I can agree, he shouldn't have spoken but the facts are he placed a disclaimer before his words.

And, I was not involved so I can't judge ones apology as being a "tap dance" since that is really between the people involved and not us. If Crowley says his apology was sufficient, the rest of us should leave it at that.

Mt 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

You know what this verse doesn't say? It doesn't say "if he shall hear thee until others are satisfied". It says "if he shall hear THEE". The person trespassed is the only one who counts according to this passage. It is only if Crowley isn't satisfied that others begin getting involved.

What you guys are being is a agitator. You have your nose bent out of shape when it's not your fight.

Now that is scripture...