1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Only liberal denominations die?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by rlvaughn, Jun 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Joseph shall add

While them words be very pretty and all. You seem to have a problem with large churches, I was not speak of large churches and have never been to one myself.

God is love. When people come to church they are seeking to know God and love. They are seeking the truth and help. A building is not the church, brick and mortar only. The body of Christ is the church. The commission is to go into all the world and teach the Kingdom of God is at Hand. Not go sit thew posterior down on a slab of dead wood. You say that the church is about being worship centered.on God. God defines worship a lot different then you are thinking. We are not trying to gather one to another in a church. We are seeking to win souls to the Lord. When those souls come in the door. They need to find love. If your church is not a soul winning church the problem is not with God.

You have church every time two Christians come together. Because he is in the mist. Christ the Hope of Glory is to be developed in you, that people see God in and on you. If you refuse to follow God then you will indeed not be a minster of love. Love makes the way. God indeed is worthy of all praise and honor. If you love God you seek souls for God. And true worship of God is to seek that which is lose. Pouring out your form of love to God is great, But if you do not love the sinner, how shall you say you love God. The purpose of the body is to win souls. You can't win souls if you are not a minster of love. And why would anyone want to have fellowship with you.

How about doing what God said do. No prayer, 5 minuets is not prayer, No Love, No Power, No Obedience, No repentance, No Caring for anyone. Playing the hypocrite. Playing the whore with the world, Living a sin filled life. refusing to depart from sin. No fasting, Always feeding the flesh. Never abiding in love. Always refusing to humble you selves and refusal to seek God. And you wonder why people are walking out the door. Could it be God is leading them out himself?

2. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When my daughter was growing up I told her that "not every professor is a possessor". A few years after she graduated high school she lamented the fact that so many of her childhood friends abandoned the faith they once professed. I reminded her of the saying I told her when she was younger. She nodded her head; finally understanding the meaning of my statement. The fact that there are so many false professors in our churches (especially children) shouldn't take us by surprise. I'm not a member of an SBC church, but this problem is inherent to all churches and denominations.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know anything about Communist China but I hope that you are correct. Nevertheless, and this flies in the face of dispensationalism so it probably cannot be discussed in this forum, Jesus said that one of the signs of the Blessed Hope was that there would be a great falling away. So Jesus taught that in the last days, the number of Christians would decrease, or do you disagree with that statement?

4. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One thing we observe is that the movement of Christianity is strong in places where there is persecution. Once Christianity becomes prevalent, we see a dying off of faith. It has moved steadily across the globe.

What we also see is the heresy of the prosperity gospel being spread from the US to Africa and Latin America. That heresy is anti-christ and entirely man-centered. It is a delusion, which may point to the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you have the prosperity gospel widely preached in the Americas--it is a give to get scheme. Also, you see a great deal of the cult of liberalism, or the religious left, which is so active around here. Both of these false doctrines are heresies represent the apostasy that Jesus predicted would happen before the Second Advent or Blessed Hope. In fact, Christianity will all but disappear in these last days as the world comes to an end. The religious left attacks Christianity relentlessly in the USA.

6. Mike Stidham

Mike Stidham Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps, but the fact that they could have been "mainstream" at the time was why there was an uprising in the SBC during the 80s and 90s.
    Carter's views were unapologetically liberal, no question about it. The "Conservative Resurgence" was a repudiation, in part, of the type of mainstream evangelicalism represented by Jimmy Carter.
    Clinton, OTOH, would have been a hot mess in any church no matter how orthodox the preaching.