Outrageous! You WILL be offended!

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by windcatcher, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Chessic New Member

I would like to see this law and whether it applies to every situation, even when, for example, the female officers present don't feel they can safely subdue a combative detainee.

2. Chessic New Member

You should have every right to know this, or at least have this question answered. But what if you didn't agree with the answer? Would it be right then to scream, claw, bite, etc? Not that you would, I'm just saying procedure may not meet to your approval, but it is still procedure, supposedly based on law.

3. The Scribe New Member

If they can't do their job then they should be fired.

4. Joe New Member

Chessic ,

You aren't worth it

5. I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I'm usually pretty docile and I go by the rules, but I would have to understand what they wanted from me and why.

I really can't say what I would do and I certainly pray I never have to find out.

I have panic attacks, so I would act differently than someone who does not have them. I would tell them that I needed medical attention and hope they would get it for me.

Regardless of what I would do, this woman was treated unfairly and with a good amount of force that should not have been needed, and it IS against the law for a male officer to be present when a female prisoner is disrobed.

6. Joe New Member

It has nothing to do with agreeing with the answer. Yes, if someone is attacking you, holding you down and trying to strip you naked like a side of beef, you should kick, scream and claw. There is a BIBLE VERSE which states if you are being sexually assulted or attacked, you are to scream as loud as possible. Can't recall where it is offhand.

Trying to say that women cannot scream or defend themselves if they "do not like the answer" is promoting the sexual assult of women. Its cut and dry.

You need help Chessic

7. The Scribe New Member

I believe this is what you are looking for. ;)

Deuteronomy 22;24-25 (KJV)
    24: Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.
    25: But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:

8. carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is entirely my point. As much as this tape offends one's sense of propriety and/or their sense of right and wrong, I am not ready to convict the police of any wrongdoing without knowing the rest of the story.

And I have been accused of hating women because of it.

9. Joe New Member

thank you Scribe

10. The Scribe New Member

You're forgetting the world's laws are conflicting with scripture.

Also, men are not to be involved in stripping a female, ever.

They are in violation and so are the women involved for not saying anything. They went along with it like sheep.

The men and women involved should be fired along with the sheriff.

Her rights were clearly violated.

11. Ivon Denosovich New Member

If as you say, I should have every "right" to know why I'm being disrobed then, yes, an act of violence is philosophically approrpriate to defend one's right. Let me explain how this works: You have a "right" to live, so if I attempt to violate that right, guess what that entitles you to do me?

FWIW, I don't actually believe you were being serious when you used the word "right" or questioning an act of retaliation would be off the table.

12. carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am forgetting nothing.

But you are...you are casting the first stone. Without even knowing why.

13. The Scribe New Member

Yes, you forget the scriptures that aren't convenient.

Her rights were clearly violated. If this were your wife, daughter or any other relative you would think differently.

Men aren't to be in the room when a woman is stripped. I don't even condone men being in women's prisons.

If women officers can't control women prisoners they need to be fired for being inept at their jobs.

Your views are much too liberal.

Your reference to "casting the first stone" is out of context. That verse is often taking out of context.

14. Ivon Denosovich New Member

::marking calendar::

:smilewinkgrin:

15. carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently, just as you do.

16. carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:eek: I have been cursed, right here on BB!!!

17. The Scribe New Member

I don't believe so. I don't take man's law over God's law. :saint:

18. Chessic New Member

My Savior thinks I'm worth it. That's what matters most to me. I'd appreciate you leaving your estimation of my worth out of this discussion, since it is both irrelevant and unscriptural.

19. Chessic New Member

This situation is anything but clear with so many unanswered questions. And the weary argument that I would somehow change my stance if I had more emotional attachment to the victim is insulting. The women in my life have no more right to defy the law than this woman.

You keep saying this but have not provided a reference. Are you saying men shouldn't be present? If so, this in an opinion. If it is a law that clearly shows her rights were violated at the federal or state level because of the presence of men, please provide a reference.

20. Joe New Member

I never mentioned your Savior or your worth regarding him so please leave that out of the discussion, as it is taking my words out of context and replacing them with your own.