1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pants on Women

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by calledbyHisgrace, Jan 30, 2022.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why I refer to what Paul wrote, as revealed to him by Jesus. My wife made Corbin, Ltd. pants for years, & knows something about them.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then comes along the thinking of
    "Dont confuse me with the facts, I have made up my mind"

3. calledbyHisgrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally believe that pants were once "men's attire", but no longer are. Also, for a woman to wear pants a few hundred years ago, it would have drawn attention for sure. So, pants on women would have also been immodest. In our current society though, pants are perfectly acceptable as women's attire. And, for some activities, pants on a woman would draw less attention than a skirt.

#63 calledbyHisgrace, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello sister. It's nice to meet you. I didn't know you were here. [​IMG]

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember back in the late 60's when girls started wearing pants to school - at first a big no-no) I remember the principal of WestHill high school stating that with those short skirts being worn - that pants were much more modest than those "skimpy skirts" --

From a Biblical point of view - I dont believe it is a sin for a woman to wear pants.
    On a personal level, I prefer that my wife wear a dress - as it is more feminine. Granted, there are activities we may do - that pants would be much more modest!

I found this on a web page: I just posted some of the highlights
    For the full article: How to be more feminine: 16 tips to act more ladylike

2) Dress in a girly style
    Clothes play a big part in how we present ourselves to the world. More importantly, clothing can help us embody who we want to be.

Many stage and screen actors often say they cannot truly be in character until they put on the costume.

If you want to “cast” yourself as a girly person, wearing appropriate clothes can help you become more graceful and ladylike.

Some ways you can style yourself in a feminine way are:

Dress for a feminine silhouette: When you take the time to dress in a feminine way, you’re more likely to carry yourself accordingly.

Dresses and skirts are the most universal signals of femininity so fill your wardrobe with well-fitting and flattering pieces.

Plus, these clothes can also help you move in a ladylike way; you’re less likely to stomp around if you’re wearing a delicate outfit, after all.

Include brighter colors in your wardrobe: Feminine looks often include bright, vibrant colors or cheerful pastels as navy, black, burgundy, or brown are stereotypically associated with masculine fashion.

Experiment with “girly” patterns and textures: Delicate prints, eye-catching patterns, and soft fabrics are typically considered to be feminine. Lace, florals, silk, velvet, polka dots, frills, and preppy checks are some of the styles you can use to feel more feminine.

Wear appropriate accessories: Girly girls typically have a wide range of fashion accessories available to them, in addition to the clothes they wear.

Heeled shoes, scarves, handbags, hair accessories, and jewelry are some key items which can tie your look together, bring out your personality, and boost your overall feminine look.

3) Wear makeup
    While popular culture is slowly steering men towards using makeup, it is still largely a female-dominated territory.

5) Embrace your side
    If you’re struggling to feel and act feminine, then it’s time to embrace your side and unleash it onto the world.

Many women get scared off at this stage, worried about being seen as promiscuous. It’s all about finding that balance.

Women can be many things. They can be , smart, funny, cute, charming and so much more.

Don’t let the world define how you see yourself. Instead, show them how you want to be seen.

10) Spend more time with women (MY NOTE: good reason to have more ladies on BB!)
    Having male friends is great but in order to learn what it takes to be feminine, it helps if you are surrounded by women — especially if you are in a male-dominated environment.

Being around other women allows you to learn what people consider as “feminine” and what is not.

12) Own your confidence and unique charm
    No one has a monopoly on what it means to be feminine. You can absolutely define what femininity is for you.

Of course, you need to own your definition of femininity and not be afraid to show it to the world.

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you thnk POW is a sin, then for you, a woman who wears pants is sinning by doing it. I don't think it's a sin, so to me, women who wear pants are not sinning by doing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was a large extrem I had read about - years ago (over 40) - a church in the Tidewater area was having a field day for teens - BUT if a girl was not wearing a dress - they would not let her on the bus. I would guess that/those girl (s) never went back to that church!

8. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In theory, they're not. Unfortunately all the women's pants nowadays that I've ever seen are designed to be form fitting, and provocative towards males regardless of if women wearing such things believe that.

There's a reason that some women's pants are sold with holes already in them, and it ain't for airflow purposes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all womens' pants are made that way. And there's much other attire definitely only for women that's "provocative".

10. old regular

old regular Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sisters in our churches do not wear pants as it is considered too masculine. There are visitors from time to time that wear them to a service ,but as they are not members ,no one seem to take offense. I did not know there was any Baptist other than Regular, Old United Baptist that kept the practice of sisters wearing dresses or skirts only.

11. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If my wife wears pants to church, I'll wear a kilt... Brother Glen:Sneaky

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    with some of these short dresses wear - I'd rather they wear pants!

13. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting you bring this up. I agree. There are some women on my church worship team that wear shorter dresses (above the knee). The church has a 5 foot stage so those dresses could be distracting.
    My point is that pants might be less of a distraction to some.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To each his/her own.
    I go by Col. 2:16.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've seen immodest pants on women AND men.

I've seen immodest dresses on women (top and bottom)

Issue always has been "modesty" and that is what is missing most often.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So should someone speak to these females? If so - Whom?

When I posted about rather seeing pants - I was referring to anyone - including non-Christians.

17. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...well...one of them is the fiancée of one of the pastors and is full-time on staff as admin assistant and worship director. Let's just say that causing waves over this issue would not be fruitful...

18. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only churches I can think of right off in my area that require skirts or dresses are Independent Pentecostal.

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This answer is just about worthy of a thread of its own!

• Like Like x 1
  20. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey guys: how do you figure this fellow that is describing what he is seeing from his window in Prov 7 knew about this woman? I say how she dressed was the main giveaway.

Here is his instructions.

Prov 7:1 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
    2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
    3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
    4 Say unto wisdom, Thou [art] my sister; and call understanding [thy] kinswoman:
    5 That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.

Here is what he saw.

6 For at the window of my house I looked through my casement,
    7 And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding,
    8 Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house,
    9 In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night:
    10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.
    11 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:
    12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)
    13 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,
    14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.
    15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.
    16 I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.
    17 I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
    18 Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.
    19 For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:
    20 He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.
    21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.
    22 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;
    23 Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life.

Here is the instructions for the simple ones.

24 Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth.
    25 Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.
    26 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.
    27 Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.

The scriptures do not tell us what the attire of a harlot is, because we all know. It is these super tight stretch pants these women wear to wal-mart in an effort to show off their stuff. This woman in proverbs 7 probably had on more clothes than Christian women frolicking at the public beaches. Whoever said God was only interested in what Christian women wears to church?

If it is advertised it is probably for sale, no?

• Agree Agree x 1