1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pastors Decry White Supremacy After El Paso Rampage

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jerome, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christianity Today: "it’s time to name the evil beneath the violence....the alt-right resurgence of white supremacy and white nationalism"

"'we condemn...ideologies of racial/ethnic superiority/inferiority that fuel the kind of hate evidently motivating the #ElPaso shooter to commit such a horrific act of violence in our state,' tweeted Adam Greenway, president of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth. Multiple Southern Baptist leaders echoed Greenway’s remarks"

Denny Burk, director of SBTS's Center for Gospel and Culture..."targeted white supremacy as the root cause of America’s mass shooting problem....'we are contending here not with another “lone wolf,” but with the fruit of a murderous and resurgent ideology—white supremacy'."

Mika Edmondson of The Gospel Coalition reported: "Latinx brother and sisters near southern border are absolutely terrified they could be next...We prayed 'Lord deliver us..from white nationalism &...racism'."

#1 Jerome, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pandering.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    American clergy is really brave to stand against almost non-existent racism and only a few hours after a shooting about which they seem to have more information than anyone else. I wonder if they are against black racism or is that they are just against white racism? Is it Asian racism when the mass shooter is Asian?

I wonder if American clergy would like to stand up and call for the building of several hundred new mental hospitals to provide compassionate medical treatment to the tens of thousands of mentally ill now living on the streets of our warmer cities?

Or not?

I wonder if American clergy would like to stand up and call for the ending of the daily mass shootings in the black neighborhoods of black on black murder in cities like Indianapolis or Chicago or not? I am sure that no one wants to call it racism when a black man throws a white child off a balcony in the Mall of America (a good place not to go to), right?

Do you think that the American clergy will put signs on churches saying no guns here and we never call the police?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where was their outcry when Rev Wright was teaching anti white propaganda

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most clergy are now driving the pc train. They have gone into a siding that does not lead anywhere & they wait to come back on the mainline. This shows passengers that the clergy were never the answer, & people will leave their train in droves. When will they learn?

• Like Like x 1
  8. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God separated humankind by language and nations.

But humankind thinking considers some better and worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never. They are getting money from Soros and the Kern Family and others. Some of them such as Russell Moore are nasty. Some are like J.D. Greear who thinks that Muslims worship the same God as Christians. Others like Albert Mohler side with the crowd.

I think 72 people were shot in Chicago this weekend but the clergy don't notice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How long must we endure tribalism, whether it hurls white privilege or white nationalism, or black lives matter, or fry them like bacon.

When will we all say, judge people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    check this link

12. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's called being a faithful Christian witness.

13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not too hard to figure out. The guy's manifesto spoke explicitly about "the invasion" coming across our borders. And it is not "almost non-existent racism," I had a friend I grew up with from my hometown state on my Facebook page that everyone who crosses the southern border shot be shot on site. I thought he likely misspoke, since I did not think that he was one of the white supremacist people I grew up with, so I asked him to clarify his remark. He went off on an anti-Hispanic screed, also stereotyping other ethnic minorities in the process. I finally had to block him because of his attacks on me ("libtard") and going after my friends for citing specific laws and scripture. Someone else ended up reporting his actions to Facebook and the whole thread was locked and removed.

There's full-blown white supremacism, then there is a more subtle racism that undermines the value and status of minority Americans. And, of course, there is also prejudice that is present throughout humankind to one extent or the other. It is all sin.

If you want to be faithful to Christ, you cannot condone or tacitly support that sort of thing. So Christian clergy speaking out is expected. That's what Christians -- and Christian leaders -- do.

14. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes, the grand conspiracy that helps you make sense of your world.

People noticed (I did) and it made the national news, but the 72 shootings was not all part of one or two single spree shooting crimes. And for at least the El Paso murders, the killer stated his justifications, starting out with stopping "the invasion" and going on to ideas about thinning out the population for the good of those who survive. He is obviously troubled man and was probably inspired by all of the "invasion" talk by Fox News figures, like Tucker Carlson, and the President, who uses "the invasion" as one of his talking points at his rallies and interviews to Fox News. When an authority figures tell disturbed people that their county is being invaded, it should be not surprise that some of them act on that propaganda.

15. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But in the reign of Christ that formally began at the Ascension, God is bringing together the nations and languages. The miracle of tongues at Pentecost was the inauguration of the undoing of the actions taken at the Tower of Babel. The gospel going to the Gentiles described in Acts was the beginning of bringing together of the nations. If we are to be faithful Christians, we should expect and encourage those who are redeemed to come together.

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What has gotten ignored is other parts of this manifest which is extreme leftist ideology. What faithful Christians do is slow down their roll and address the entirety of the issue instead of sitting around waiting to be able to jump on their pet issues, imagined or otherwise, and somberness to these difficult issues rather than drunken hysteria.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mohler is funded by the Kerns Family and Soros is funding the Gospel Coalition wherein Moore operates. God is not allowing the world to return to one language and He is not moving the people of the world into one location. The Tower of Babel is still a ruin at Eridu and Nimrod is still a mass murderer pyscopath.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Five minutes after the news, you had it all figured out, didn't you?

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, and Dems know that murderers are "honest" as abortionists like them. Dems murdered about 4000 babies that day. They say that women are entitled to murder and women say the same thing. El Paso is a liberal Democrat city.

20. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. If I were not a Christian, I would have to believe in racial inequality. God created us all in his image. Aside from that, there is no basis for equality. If I were a strict follower of evolution, I would have to conclude that the white man is superior because he has evolved the furthest away from the ape.