pictures of a brain with mental illness for fred

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nodak, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Steadfast Fred Active Member

Obviously, your cousin is allergic to peanut butter and therefore should refrain from eating them.

2. seekingthetruth New Member

-----------------------------------
    john

3. Fred's Wife Member

Knock it off John...

If we are to accept your "logic" that I'm a sock puppet because I agree with my husband, then are we to assume that your spouse is also a sock puppet when she agrees with you?

4. seekingthetruth New Member

My wife would never agree with me if I made the outlandishly evil statements that Fred makes.

I just find it odd that you follow his evilness like demons follow Satan.

Straneg that there can only one like Fred in probably 10 million, but yet you two found each other.

Did he brainwash you? Or were you evil from the beginning?

John

5. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that has to do with the mind in what way?

Are you contending that Valium is to blame for your allergic reaction of your body or is your body to blame for not being able to combat the "sin" of Valium?

There are some on this board who contend that nothing that is evil in itself that has even the potential of impacting the body.

I am surprised they haven't come jumping into the thread like they would if it were over wine or some other intoxicant.

hmmmm....

6. Steadfast Fred Active Member

Exactly what evil statements have I made, John?

Which post are those evil statements in?

7. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Manny Alverez on fox news just showed a brain scan of ADHD of a child and discussed the risky behavior that is part of the pattern of the folks that are ADD.

But, it isn't a picture of the "mind" and therefore doesn't exist according to Fred, just as I suppose he would contend that chemical imbalance of the body doesn't effect the mind, either.

Of course, he would also state that the headache and even a migraine is a figment of sin and not an actual condition that can effect the thinking, and rational responses of an individual.

8. Steadfast Fred Active Member

Prove that chemical imbalance exists.

Many top doctors are admitting that chemical imbalance is not proven, only theory.

9. Amy.G New Member

Yes, his depression was just one of the phenomena. His taste for certain foods changed. Things he loved, he didn't like anymore and things he didn't really care for before became his favorites. I don't know what causes it, but it's apparent something about trauma to the body causes all kinds of changes, from mood swings to food to any number of other things.
    Depression is real though. And it's like a living hell.

10. Steadfast Fred Active Member

And I never once denied the existence of depression.

11. Amy.G New Member

I guess I'll show my age here but I remember reading an article in Reader's Digest when I was young about menstrual cramps. The Dr. that wrote the article said it was all in a woman's head. :laugh:

Puleeeese!

12. Amy.G New Member

Ok, then I'm confused. You have been saying that there is no such thing as mental illness. What is depression if not mental??

13. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to Fred, it can't be in the head. The mind doesn't feel pain.

I suppose such pain is really in the belly button because that is what connects the menstrual cycle from one generation to another. Sort of like a pseudo pain in the tush when the preacher waxes eloquent in hope that the length of sermon would equate to profitability to the believer.

Like some of my posts. :smilewinkgrin:

14. Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Gotcha.:tonofbricks:

15. Amy.G New Member

:laugh::laugh:

Hey, I like your posts! :type:

16. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Lamotrigine is one of the more common drugs in treating epilepsy, usually used in conjunction with another anti-convulsant. There are many epileptics that are taking a mixture of three to four different drugs to keep their seizures under control. If they were to stop immediately all medication it would throw their bodies into complete disarray.

Most epileptics cannot have the disorder controlled without medication, or without surgery--one of the two. There was one time a mother brought her son to our church. The pastors of the church anointed him with oil and prayed over him according to James 5. He was healed. This doesn't always happen. I prayed over another man on the mission field and he was healed. But most are not. Most are dependent on drugs.

To deny that benefit to these people is to deny them life itself. If you disagree with this, then I would have to agree with John, who said very bluntly:

Your advice is deadly!!!!

17. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It may also be criminal if he is actually giving medical advice to a person who is under the care of a medical doctor for a condition.

I tried to find out from Fred about his background and qualifications, but had no significant response.

18. blackbird Active Member

***this thread has reached its 30 page limit***