1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Poll: “Many are saved having never heard the gospel”?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by canadyjd, May 1, 2022.

?
  1. No, the gospel is God’s means to bring people to salvation.

19 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. Yes, God is sovereign and may use some other way to bring people to salvation.

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. I’m not really sure if the gospel is necessary for salvation.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a member here claiming, “many are saved having never heard the gospel”.

As best I can tell, the belief is that if the gospel is available, God uses it to give people a chance at salvation. If the gospel is not available, God will use some other means, such as creation, to give people a chance at salvation.

Is this a biblical belief?

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I much prefer that over the hellers claim that all who have not heard the gospel will go to hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it biblical?

Why wouldn’t that be “another gospel” that is condemned by the Apostle Paul in Galatians?

peace to you

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes

Is the belief “many are saved having never heard the gospel” biblical?

Is it “another gospel” as condemned by the Apostle Paul in Galatians?

peace to you

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No more 'another gospel' than the claim that all who have not heard the gospel will go to hell..

• Like Like x 1
  7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you asking "is the belief “many are going to heaven having never heard the gospel” biblical"?

Apples and oranges [edit]. The Judaizers were the first heretics corrupting the gospel with law.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that to tell God whom He has to save may involve a wee bit of hubris. Better to believe what He says. "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." If people are really upset about this, off to Afghanistan with them to preach the Gospel there.
    In fact, the Gospel is reaching all sorts of previously unreached groups through radio broadcasts or the internet, but not too much is said about it for reasons of safety.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one is SAVED without the Gospel - the atoning work of Christ and as the Spirit regenerates, man repents and believes,

BUT can they be SAFE by God giving His grace to those who are the babies, those incapable mentality, who are not spiritually "hearing"? These are a different "class" - distinct from being called "saved".

But then "what of those who haven't heard? They ARE guilty already and need to be saved by grace alone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it biblical that saved [sozo] means going to heaven?

...or

Is it biblical that saved [sozo] means saved from hell?

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Saved” means a person is brought into a right relationship with God and is no longer under His wrath and condemnation.

If you can’t or won’t answer the question as to whether the belief “many are saved having never heard the gospel” is biblical or not, please do not hijack the thread.

Just start another thread about “hellers” and such.

peace to you

13. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like what Martin Luther said concerning infants that die. Since salvation is a supernatural work of God Holy Spirit, the infants may be able to respond to His intervention with faith unto salvation in a way God can comprehend, when we cannot.

I have found a lot of comfort in that thought.

Thanks for the comment

peace to you

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    K. No prob. Show me some scripture that the gospel rescues one from hell. Show me some scripture that God's wrath and displeasure always results in burning in hell.

K. Gospel obedience saves lost sheep into the kingdom here in this temporal realm, NOT heaven above. If that's what you believe then you've made exactly the same mistake as the Jews:

39 Ye search the scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life; and these are they which bear witness of me; Jn 5

The gospel neither abolishes death, nor does it impart life and immortality, it tells about it:

10 but hath now been manifested by the appearing of our Saviour Christ Jesus, who abolished death, and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 2 Tim 1

#14 kyredneck, May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    no its heresy

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the comments.

Please start another thread to address those questions so we can focus on the question for this thread.

peace to you

17. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the comment.

peace to you

18. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You actually amaze me at times, actually most calvinists do that. Your the ones that trumpet that God is sovereign then turn around and say well only so much. He is not allowed to do anything that does not fit with my theology. So much for your sovereign god.

The real sovereign God that I worship can and does do as He pleases. He does not need my permission to save those that call out to Him, which your theology claims for itself.

So according to your theology, no one that we know of in the OT was saved because they never had that real gospel message given to them. Perhaps you should read Heb 11 without the blinders. I am sure that Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham and lets not forget David, Isaiah, Ezekiel or any of the other prophets.
    Heb 11:13 All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth.

The fact you will not even take the time to check the stories of those from closed countries for yourself just shows how closed minded you are. For you it seems to be calvinism or nothing. The bible has to fit into your theology. Sad really really sad.

What I have said is not another gospel it is just letting God be sovereign which seems to something that you have a real problem with. That is your problem not mine.

I do agree with Martin when he said "I think that to tell God whom He has to save may involve a wee bit of hubris." How dare you tell God He can not save those that trust in Him. And how dare you tell Him He can only draw people to Himself one way. Your arrogance is astounding.

Just let God be God.

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark 10:14, ". . . But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Allow the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. . . ."

20. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said when you posted the exact same thing in the other thread…..you are too tedious to endure.

Your never ending false assertions concerning what I believe make responding to you a wasted effort.

What you believe, that “many are saved having never heard the gospel” amounts to “another gospel” that is condemned by the Apostle Paul in Galatians.

Thanks for the conversation

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.