1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pope Francis gives church hundreds of new saints...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by WestminsterMan, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

Calm down there saturn... It's going to be OK. :cool:

WM

2. WestminsterMan

Hey, I didn't write the history of the Church. You can deal with it on its merits, or continue with your demeaning comments and banal behavior. That's up to you. Personally, I find it rather entertaining... you know - how when someone continues doing the same puerile thing over and over expecting a different result and all.

Yeeee Haaaaa! :laugh:

WM

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Does the statute of limitations ever run out for murder?
    Did the Jews ever give up hunting for Nazi war criminals, even when they were in their 90's approaching 100 years of age?
    Was Cain ever forgiven for murder?

1 John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
    1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
    Did you know that the RCC teaches that St. Anne "the Grandmother of God," has erased original sin.
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.shrinesaintanne.org/eng/5_1_11_guided_tour.htm[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    Let's just say they are clueless about salvation. Original sin has never been erased. We struggle with the sin nature every day: saved and unsaved alike.
    The Catholics I meet are Biblically ignorant. They know nothing of the Bible let alone of salvation. If they came on a board like this they would be speechless (keyless??), as to what to say or type. To them, they trust in their priest, and that is all that is needed. But their priest might be a sexual predator for all they know.
    Jesus clearly said:
    "I am the way the truth and the life; no man comes unto the Father but by me."
    You either believe the words of Christ or you call him a liar.
    Salvation is through Christ alone--faith in His words, his work on the cross.
    It is not through the church, the sacraments, or baptism. That is all man-made. Christ said it is through him and Him alone. You can believe him and find salvation through him alone, or trust in the RCC which says that salvation is through the RCC alone. But the latter lies, and is a false religion. It is not Christian at all.

4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not a 'stupid thread' at all! Surely hundreds of people who chose to be beheaded rather than renounce their faith in Jesus Christ and convert to Islam are worthy of honor. These people were martyrs. Just like Stephen the first martyr.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Is that a fact? For as long as you claim to have been around, and studied Scripture as much as you have, it seems very odd to me you cannot figure out which Gospel to follow. In your case, I guess that faith and the grace of God were not enough, so you can just work your way out of the situation.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So were all the Albigenses (evangelical Christians of their day), and then all the Muslims, that Pope Innocent III went on to slaughter. But the RCC just turns a blind to those martyrs don't they? Millions of people were killed at the hands of this bloody organization. But that doesn't matter to you???

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Is that more or less than the number that the Catholic "church" tortured, beheaded, and executed in some other manner for not agreeing with a false cult they themselves created. If one looks at the Catholics in the Middle Ages, there is very little difference between them and today's modern Muslim.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It will be ok when you, your two buddies, and the SDA Magical Mystery Tour are sent back to their own chat boards.

9. WestminsterMan

Not at all. This is the problem... you make statements about the beliefs of others without any basis in fact in an attempt to deflect critcism from your own indefensible claims. That's OK saturn... we understand - we really do. :laugh:

WM

10. WestminsterMan

You really have issues that you might want to pray about there saturn.

WM

11. WestminsterMan

It's OK Walter - he's just name calling because he can do nothing else.

WM

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I feel no desire to pray for myself because I irked a few cult members.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You poor mistreated things.

#73 saturneptune, May 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
  14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Pure blasphemy! There is no substitute for Christ!

#74 webdog, May 13, 2013
  15. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lots of name calling, mocking and venom. So Christ-like, eh?:rolleyes:

#75 Walter, May 13, 2013
  16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't believe there is a Catholic on this board that knows what it means to "be born again." Yet Jesus said: "Except a man be born again he cannot enter the kingdom of God."
    Being born again doesn't mean being baptized into the RCC. If they really believe that they will never enter into the kingdom of God.

17. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you don't believe like .. Luther, Calvin, Wesley, Adam Clarke, Matthew Henry, Jamieson, Fausset, Brown, D.L. Moody, ... I can understand that you would differ with them at times, but why would we all join in opposing them on that point?

Surely you can see that all on this board would not choose to oppose them on that point of Daniel 7 pointing to events in the Roman empire long after the death of Christ and going all the way to the second coming.

And the reason for thinking that Dan 7 and Dan 2 include events beyond the life of Christ?

Well here is the hint we get in the text itself showing the image from head to toe and the feet and toes taking us to the time of divided Roman Empire - Europe and the 2nd coming

Dan 2

31 “You, O king, were looking and behold, there was a single great statue; that statue, which was large and of extraordinary splendor, was standing in front of you, and its appearance was awesome. 32 The head of that statue was made of fine gold, its breast and its arms of silver, its belly and its thighs of bronze, 33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of clay.34 You continued looking until a stone was cut out without hands, and it struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and crushed them. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were crushed all at the same time and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them was found. But the stone that struck the statue became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

42 As the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of pottery, so some of the kingdom will be strong and part of it will be brittle.

43 And in that you saw the iron mixed with common clay, they will combine with one another in the seed of men; but they will not adhere to one another, even as iron does not combine with pottery.

44 In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever. 45 Inasmuch as you saw that a stone was cut out of the mountain without hands and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold, the great God has made known to the king what will take place in the future; so the dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

In the same way Dan 7 says that the events in the vision cover the world all the way until the coming of Christ and the saints take possession of the kingdom.

in Christ,

Bob

#77 BobRyan, May 13, 2013
  18. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Of course it does. Only the most capricious mind would think it means anything other than Christian baptism.
    DHK, do you really think every man, woman and child from the time of Christ up to the Reformation went to Hell? No one believed this nonsense until after the Reformation.

19. WestminsterMan

Oh I'm not irked at all. I simply pointed out your predilection for hatred toward people with whom you disagree. That's all. So I will pray for you my brother.

WM

20. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Name calling does not solve any problems or settle debates or help to reverse negative growth trends for a given denomination. It is pointless.

I think we should all deal with the questions that are brought up by the OP and leave name-calling out of it.

in Christ,

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.