1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pope Sanctions Gay Clergy!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DHK, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ahh, because it is just not true!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right...:laugh: now you are in denial.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Society - and the RCC has structures setup to at least mitigate the problem of a single men and single women not being compromised - by not having them live together, be roomates, shower together etc.

But for the gay individuals the only structure setup to mitigate against the problem is the strong negative reaction of the group in which they live. Nothing "else" is there as a structure. It is like saying that a man lives with a single woman and the only "structure" against a problem showing up - is the strong negative reaction of the group.

So now we introduce "the gay lobby". And "who am I to judge" in place of that "strong negative reaction of the group". Where now is the "structure" for propriety?

It is gone.

And the response of those general church members and laity outside of that system? "still.. nothing can go wrong"?

in Christ,

Bob

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes...and there was no mass murderer of Jews, gipsy's, Slavic races etc by the Nazis during WWIi...All is well! :BangHead:

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And no "dark ages" either!

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All the 'queers, faggots, & homo' jargon really smacks of a Westboro mentality among some of these folks and I'm sure the people sitting in their churches struggling with same-sex attraction are reading this kind of talk and wondering just how much of their struggle they should be willing to share with these people 'filled with the love of Jesus' who have the 'God hates fags' thinking. Really sad! Even Bob's church affiliated university's has issued statements such as: 'The Adventist Church teaches that same-gender sexual activity is a sin, but same-gender sexual orientation is not.' I won't go into the increasing acceptability on SDA campuses and churches of a gay agenda and statements by the faculty and staff of SDA universities that 'these people are not going to go away' and 'we need to begin a listening process'. That would be considered 'off-topic' and, of course, doesn't attack Catholicism.

7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why did you leave out the mass murder of 'queers'? Hmmmmmm

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

http://www.truediscipleship.com/News/comments18.htm

The facts presented in the above link you need to read.

In the link below you need to ask yourself why there is such a need for counseling in the Catholic Church
    http://www.drmonicabreaux.com/index.html

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you think? Lol

#109 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  10. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Rubbish.......

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you are in fact are. Denial is a difficult thing to overcome. Especially for someone who has been indoctrinated into Roman Catholicism. Been there & done that & so have most of my family (Who have left the RCC). Thank God for the Holy Spirit & being shown the light. So how's God working in your life.....Novenas perhaps? Or are you in a serious interaction with Him?

12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was indoctrinated into the Baptist church early in life. Been there and done that. Now, thank God for the Holy Spirit, I and others of my family have been shown the light and are now attending Christ's Holy Catholic Church. Melonie has shared a similar testimony.

I have NEVER been as close to God as I am now since I found His Church. I have opportunity to attend mass daily, receive Holy Communion, and I'm fed with God's word at each mass as well as when I am able to attend Morning and Evening prayers services which are offered daily as well. None of the Baptistic, 'we will have an observance of the Lord's Supper during the week before Easter). Oh, and a couple of other times a year we passed some crackers & grape juice and told (contrary to scripture) the elements were nothing but symbols. This happened whenever it struck the pastor's fancy which wasn't often.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good.... do you walk the streets helping the homeless & do you take care of the Widows & Orphans .....cause thats what your commanded to do by the Lord. Going to Mass every day is just Pietism. If you want to get competitive, then take care of the poor, the out of work , the hungry, the dieing & then we will match notes.

14. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

My faith is obviously abhorrent to you but yes, God is the centre of my life, which is a great consolation.

15. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

#115 Walter, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROMAN CATHOLISM is what's abhorrent to me....not your Faith...because I'm sure that's in Jesus Christ.

I have a big family...Italian's, Polish & East Europeans. Irish and German & if you sat with us all you would hear horror stories / abuse, pedofile priest's, lesbian nun's, destroyed lives, shamed families. So you are not going to candy coat these peoples sexual proclivities. We had the biggist sex abused in our parish in the state of Pennsylvania & then when we moved to New Jersey, another one. And I'm not saying it doesn't happen among Baptists...it does and I have a nephew that's proof. But it happens far more in RC churches and parishes (and they continue to cover it up)

So dear lady its not you I'm questioning...but a system that continues to sweep immoral behavior under the rug. Never addressing the root causes of this very divisive & evil behavior.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

19. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

But you slander the many many good and holy religious with your tirade. How do you KNOW if such vileness continues.....if you do know, I hope you report such crimes.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do I know...:laugh:

I tell you this in all honesty, go and visit with an abused child and look into their eyes and talk to them. Then quit averting yours to the truth...then maybe, just maybe another child will not be abused. And I mean that in all seriousness.

#120 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013