1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

POTUS Donald Trump just lost my vote for reelection

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Christforums, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you can block them

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus quoted Scripture. The Apostle Paul quoted Scripture. I wonder if you would compare Jesus to a “parrot”. I wonder if you would compare Paul to a “parrot”.

3. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never heard of a government being ordained, including the USofA. This country was founded by combating evil with muskets against those evil Indians with tomahawks, so by your thought process, perhaps it was/is ordained!!

What?? The one and only TRUE government by what/whose standard? The DOI states: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." (Indians exempted!)

I wish they had included the other self-evident truths mankind is endowed with by their Creator. Since the Bible records no such hogwash, I wonder who their creator was.

I view of my response to the two posts above, do you still believe there ever was or is an identifiable "America's Christian culture"? If so, please provide any credible evidence to support your position.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deflection? Perdonally I dont trust you. Posting an article that is a year old and using a name to a forum that no longer exists as well as being confrontational before you get to know anyone smells kind of trollish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, but I doubt you have the ability to convey what "God means" rather than "says". Does Polly want a cracker?

6. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What's the "Rev" mean in your screen name?

7. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    To note, there are available "preliminary drafts" of the Declaration of Independence. It is quite telling seeing the initial wording and what was crossed out and put in place. For example, "gods" was replaced by nature's laws. Therefore, "their Creator" as the Declaration of Independence conveys places the gods in subject to the Creator. And for the truth's which are self evident why not begin with Romans 1? What is conveyed from nature?

I also really dig your use of context in that "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" for in context these are dictated by the Creator. For, "IF", the Creator was removed then those things would be relative. In other words, if homosexuality is something that man finds happiness in then it would be open for discussion. However, gods or nature's laws and persons are subject to the Creator. Otherwise, Cannibalism etc which went on in some Indian tribes might gain merit as a pursuit which make one little two little three little Indians happy.

Likewise, it is no wonder that true life, liberty, and happiness can only be found in God [I believe that is self evident]. Is it any wonder that our 1st amendment entails the pursuit of such endeavors are not infringed by the Government? And the 2nd Amendment follows as our forefather's understood that from time to time as you speak of the Revolution which was fought with Muskets etc would need be exercised to prevent Tyranny.

It appalls me now at this very moment that in the name of public health our rights may be infringed. I remember when Obama was in office and publications such as the Huffington post went on to publish research as Liberals/Dems became bolder under Obama, the research showed how "religious zealots" are mentally ill. Lemme ask anyone, what would happen if you or I were given a "zealot" label? Would our right to worship and practice our religion be infringed? No,? How so, the very same label strips the rights away of a citizen from the 2nd Amendment. It is not illogical to take the minor leap from the 2nd to 1st. That is, if we base our worldview on the premise starting with the depravity of man. I do not doubt the extent or depravity man demonstrates even in Government. We're not too far away from our officials having their very own Sporus [Nero's love child]. Just look at the pedophile rings taken place today. And from the right I'm appalled that they can not in themselves see the contradictions which lead to this undesirable state in our society.

#107 Christforums, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you do?

9. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do what?

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    TROLLISH! That's the word I was looking for!

'Smells', that's good too....

11. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nailed it. A certain demographic of parrot, redneck and collar comes out whenever critically examining Trump. It isn't only Trump supporters though. When politicians castrate a love child so that they don't have to return the sexual favor, supporters say, "they're just being a politician". They are given a free pass.

12. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A government free of the "church" This is a Republic of and by the people. Not even a true democracy. It was the only government that started out free of religion either pagan or Christian. That there were practicing Protestants involved is a mute point. It was not going to carry out the rule of some religion. Even athiestic governments legislate religious ideals one way or the other. The US does now as well. It was not founded to that end. That religion is inevitable in government is an inescapable truth.

13. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m looking for scripture but I see nothing. Are you a Christian or a Pagan?

You obviously believe Jesus should have been slaughtered before the age of 10, right?

You are just like Jonah who got mad when God did not do what he said would do.

At which point in the Bible can you find the story where condemning other people to death in order to clear your conscience and “tell the truth” was represented as a deed God loves?

The venue where something is said does not matter. You act as if being in a courtroom is suppose to cause a Christian to behave differently. No, that belief is held by pagans.

The Pharisees wouldn’t have had to pay you to betray Jesus they had to with Judas. You would have happily betrayed Jesus just so that everyone would know you were a truth-teller!

You haven’t read enough scripture to know what dishonesty and lying is. Yes, you’ve got the pagan definition and you can find the words in the Bible but you haven’t bothered to understand the dishonesty God hates.

#113 MartyF, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2020
  14. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do you call a person that lies?

Lying is not only to others but to one's self. It is called self deception.

And Jesus was slaughtered not for lying but for the truth.

Other than that you're framing a scenario. Judas put himself into the position. I'm sure God used that to bring about the Crucifixion. After all God may use a lying spirit or even speak from the mouth of a Jackass. God may even use evil instrumentally. For example, God created Satan, a master craftsman at his craft completely capable of fulfilling his purpose and objective. The father of lies.

Zero credibility on your part.

#114 Christforums, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  15. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, pagan, I’m waiting for Scripture!

At which point in the Bible can you find the story where condemning other innocent people to death in order to clear your conscience and “tell the truth” was represented as a deed God loves?

What?! You think you’re the Pope? That your words matter? That your empty dishonest words matter? I revel in the insults of pagans.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your reply doesn't even address the logic and reasoning behind your vote for our current president or your unwitting willingness for the alternative, it merely attempts to create another rabbit chase. I don't play those games, I'd back up to your Op if I wanted to get to the roots of this matter of yours and draw out the truth.

That said, you know what, I speak out against homosexuality as per 1st & 2nd Timothy guidance and without shame, but the way I see it you are guided by your hate which you fly under a Christian flag, your hate, which some might even be lead to suspect is your paranoid cover-up of your pet peeve sin obviously guides your thoughts and consumes you rationality and reason in other matters. Perhaps worse of all, your hate for a particular sin of others is unhealthy for a Christian life and that affects your ability to be a good witness which should take precedence. That there is the roots and the cause of your outburst which puts you at odds even with other Christians and this is where you should focus your ears and check what is in your own eye.

17. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can understand your aggravation with anything promoting the LGBTQ agenda. But would you share all that Trump has done and been doing that had you leaning his way?

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    CLOSING THIS THREAD!

No need for all the name calling, insults, and ect.

Lets play nicely in our Sandbox.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.