prayer, and what is right?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by suedonny, Sep 3, 2007.

1. charles_creech78 New Member

If that was directed at you. I would have posted it to you. We is to them that want to judge her. Trust me if it was for you I would have posted it to you. I AM SORRY YOU TOOK IT THE WRONG WAY. The only thing that up set me is when you said that some of us an't christain like attude and that we need to be ashamed of what ever it is to be ashamed of. I am not ashamed of speaking in Christ or the words of Christ. When you said that it made me upset it is like you are saying we have not Christ for a christain is a Christ like person. There is nothing to forgive I understand that we have this flesh brother and that we should LOVE one another no matter what happen. Next time I will trie to make it a little clearer. You are OK with me in my heart and I love all of you. Pray for me please for I do surely come short. Love you all.

2. Joe New Member

I think he may have been speaking about me. If not, well I still messed up. I made a reference to one female being fat and ugly and the other being thinner as the likely cause for the jealousy. Whether it is or isn't the reason, to use those terms regarding females was not acceptable. I am very sorry for that.

Joe

3. Cutter New Member

Better watch out, Joe. The dang uppitty women group on the BB will be after you, Brother! :tonofbricks:

Thanks for the good laugh though!:laugh:

4. suedonny New Member

humor

This put some humor in it for me..I never looked at it that way
    She was rather heavy, I guess.That doesnt make it right to attack me
    HA!!!!!!!!!!

5. Joe New Member

Glad a few of you got some humor out of it :)
    I can certainly bomb in the humor dept sometimes

Blessings,

Joe

6. EdSutton New Member

Aside from the posts of suedonny, a new Christian, the best post in the thread.

Ed

7. PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry for your pain, suedonny. As was stated earlier, if this man's wife continues to badger you, firmly stand with your decision to drop it. Your follow through is complete.

8. EdSutton New Member

Second best post in the thread.

Ed

9. EdSutton New Member

Frankly, I consider assigning motives to the Lord Jesus Christ or suggesting what the perfect Son of God would have done otherwise, is extremely arrogant, on the part of any person, starting with me. Not trying to hijack a thread, but the statement I have emboldened from the post, got my dander up. I suggest that one read the entire chapter of John 4. Jesus' entire ministry in Samaria, and the resultant number of people who believed were the direct result of the encounter with the woman at the Jacob's well in Sychar.
    The Jewish people of that day actually made it a point to conspicuously go out of their way to avoid Samaria (as they considered the Samarians as half-breeds - bigotry, anyone??), in traveling from Galilee to Judea. To the point of fording the Jordan River twice, they made this one-sided bigotry, blatantly obvious. The woman was fully aware of this.
    And there was a worship issue, as well. (Religious bigotry, anyone??) And the woman was also fully aware of this.
    Sorry if I may have offended anyone with my response, but I simply do not believe Scripture ever suggests that Jesus "would" have ever done anything other than what he did, from His birth (and even before, as the Eternal Son of God in eternity past), to eternity in the future. Else, He would not be, nor have been, God, the Son.

Ed

10. EdSutton New Member

suedonny, as a cancer patient myself, who had major surgery last Nov. 30 for it, and one who had another major surgery (four bypasses and carotid surgery at the same time) the previous Nov. 2, let me empathize with you. I will pray for you.

Several have given you good advice, here, IMO. You certainly did nothing wrong, as I see it, but innocently walked, unknowingly, into a situation, as Bro. Bob, mcdirector, and some others have suggested. Whether there is reason for any jealousy, I would not hae a clue, but there is apparently one of two things going on, IMO. If there is not reason, either there is a situation of flaming jealousy, or simply the husband is so weak that he was not willing to tell his wife to "stand down" as there was nothing improper happening. In any event, it is not up to you to become a "marriage counselor", in this situation, for that is not part of your "job description".

Personally, I would be as civil as possible, tell the lady with the husband present, quietly, once again, that you meant nothing untoward, in any way, and since she cannot get over it, apparently, you are simply not up to the hassle, and will not be interacting with them, as long as that situation remains, unless it is unavoidable contact. They can do as they choose with the stupid holder - keep it or return it, as they choose.

Then walk away, and don't let her keep dragging it up. It may even come to the place that you might need to avoid the Senior's Center. Sorry, if that were to happen, but it might be the best way.

Again, Prayers.

Ed

11. PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent post ... :thumbs: