1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Predestination is that of a saved man unto a resurrection body in Christ's image

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by George Antonios, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

THE ACTS AND WORKS OF GOD

Of the Internal Acts of God, and of his Decrees in general † Of the Special Decrees of God, particularly of Election † Of the Rejection of some Angels and some Men † Of the Union of the Elect to God † Of Adoption as an Immanent Act † Of the Everlasting Council † Of the Everlasting Covenant of Grace † Of the Part the Father took in the Covenant † Of the Part the Son of God took in the Covenant † Of Christ as the Covenant Head of the Elect † Of Christ the Surety of the Covenant † Of the Love of God † Of Christ the Testator of the Covenant † Of the Concern the Spirit has in the Covenant † Of the Properties of the Covenant † Of the Complacency and Delight the Divine Persons had in each other from everlasting

~~~~~~

THE EXTERNAL WORKS OF GOD

Of Creation in General † Of the Creation of Angels † Of the Creation of Man † Of the Providence of God † Of the Confirmation of the Elect Angels, Of the Fall of the Non-elect Angels † Of the Honour and Happiness of Man in Innocence † Of the Law given to Adam, and Covenant with him † Of the Sin and Fall of our First Parents † Of the Nature, Aggravations, and sad Effects of the Sin of Man † Of the Imputation of Adam's Sin to all his Posterity † Of the Corruption of Human Nature † Of Actual Sins and Transgressions † Of the Punishment of Sin

A soul must be lost before they are Saved.

A soul that has Been Shown and taken their Place, as lost, knows that they were lost.

If God Did Not Choose, Elect, and Be The Initiator of Predestination, as God, Choosing The Elect, all lost souls born into the Human Race would go to Hell, Forever, Justly.

There is an Initiating Cause of Predestination, Who is The Sovereign God of The Universe, Who, According to The Good Pleasure of His Own Will, Acted, from Eternity Past, in The Manifold Wisdom and Whole Council of The Triune Godhead, to Cause an EFFECT upon those souls, who are blind, dead, without strength, God-Hating and GOING TO HELL BY THEIR OWN WILL.

"You Will Not Come unto Me that you might Have Life".

I believe people should be able to state a position of knowing How God Saves lost sinners.

The testimony of Saved souls is that they were brought to the Place of Being lost, first.

People can be as wise and prudent in thier flesh to attempt to 'glorify' Satan, DIRECTLY, the way this OP does, but they will never know The Bible, until they know they were lost and then, God Saved them.

No one would have ever escaped Hell, Forever, otherwise.

The discussion must begin at, "why does a sinner need a Saviour?"

They are lost. Totally.

Or, they are virtual plethoras of information about Divinity and TELL GOD THEY ARE COMING TO LIVE WITH HIM IN HEAVEN, in a way that children of God do not buy and only see as Satan worship, initiated by Satan.

In which case, that Satan worship, initiated by Satan, is not going to match with a testimony of Having been lost, much less Having Been Saved.

It will simply be a case of "a body is a soul is a born, is a before, after and between, because, and who cares, and I know, because I didn't Invent Salvation, I just explain it without The Bible, including twisting words like a tinker toy, so there, I want my way."

Well, Great, Ms. E., or whatever, we enjoyed your farewell, adios = REVIVAL. May there be many more.

Otherwise, God is God, and people talking about The Things of God, who testify nothing of Having Ever Been lost, is weird.

2. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Predestination is never unto salvation in the Bible but unto a glorious resurrection; so all the above is loquaciously beside the point in this discussion.
    It is however noteworthy that the reponse quotes men but not God.

3. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation in a nut-shell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show one verse where predestination is unto salvation. One.

5. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is it to, if not salvation? It's also to damnation.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. ivdavid

ivdavid Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know you mean this in a very logical sense, where you'd like the merits of your argument to be either accepted or to have its fallacies pointed out if any. But I'm generally not comfortable with 'proving' anything wrong within my own Christian family - I'd rather participate in a discussion to listen to your beliefs while thinking aloud mine. The end goal is always to strive for unity which would be inevitably attained when we arrive at the truth, whether that takes either or both of us to change our present beliefs which God is sufficient to cause in us.

I know I'm not addressing your video study itself directly yet, but it's important to take a step back - you yourself know how important it is to not force scriptures into a preset mold and you've spoken to it, but how do you ensure you not end up doing it yourself? The only reason you've spent such an elaborate bulk of your study on Adoption (which is edifying in many ways) is because it pertains to Predestination in a verse and the only reason you're devoting any attention to Predestination specifically is to negate the calvinist conclusions from it. Isn't that a preset mold, an agenda that you're fixated on? I'll admit all of us work with similar agendas, which is why we must each be wary of whether these individual agendas consume the root agenda of striving for unity unto the truth.

The calvinists have clearly erred on predestined condemnation and I've participated in many discussions on the same. Their preset mold drives them to redefining basic words like "ALL" simply because they wrestle with verses that point to God desiring ALL the world to be saved. How are you guarding yourself not to likewise redefine the basic meaning of "Adoption"? The calvinists must gradually be persuaded off their error, but the pushback invariably involves attacking predestination as a whole specifically pertaining to predestined election unto salvation - and that drives into different errors on the other side. I believe there is a path to reconciliation (single predestination has been discussed elsewhere), and that doesn't require either side to redefine these problematic words.

The point is, I could very well discuss your video study and its possible issues - but if that would only serve for you to double down and redefine more terms and interpret more verses differently, then I'd rather avoid it. Would you in conclusion be willing to walk back on your interpretation of say Rom 8:23 and continue holding Adoption to simply mean the act of "making/assigning someone as your own son/child" as long as this in no way allows for the calvinist error, which we could persuade them against from other parts of Scriptures?

7. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unto adoption which is the redemption of our body.

8. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of God, Saved souls are Aware of Him as Being God.

God, to them, is Eternal, and they Know it, from Having a Spirit Generated into them > that Agrees with The Bible.

God Initiated His Predestination of souls Spoken of in The Bible, within His Eternal Mind, and In Council, as The Eternal Triune Godhead.

That Predestination is Infinitely Eternal.

The flesh, for example, demands it's criteria be met with such wise and prudent stringencies equal to, "state when you Performed your Eternal Activity, OR ELSE!!!" and 'think' it is in a position to DO SO FOR 'GOD', IF NOT.

re: 1) No verse ever specifically states when predestination occurs

Telling God when and how He must "state when you Performed your Eternal Activity" is not the pass time of a Saved soul with Assurance of Salvation.

Upon being Convicted of their sin-cursed State of flesh, by The preaching of The Activity of God Performed by His Son's Death, Burial, and Resurrection, a lost soul knows there was a reason Jesus Had to Pay Such a Cost.

The Substitutionary Sacrifice Jesus Paid was for their sins that they would have had to suffer Eternally, otherwise.

Religiously lost souls see no reason to be convicted beyond that they may be Human and, therefore, not exactly 'Perfect', and start making arrangements to redecorate Heaven, without AGREEING WITH GOD REGARDING THEIR TOTAL DEPRAVITY, and have not, nor do they have anything to 'repent' of, as to the Spiritual Reality of "Godly sorrow".

1) No verse ever specifically states when their ideas for arrangements to redecorate Heaven occurs, but their re-writing and dismissing of anything and everything that Brings Glory to The One and Only True and Living God can be seen in the absence of Worship and Praise.

2) Predestination is never unto salvation re-writes and dismisses of anything and everything that Brings Glory to The One and Only True and Living God AND can be seen in the absence of Worship and Praise, of Whom Saved souls are Aware.

3) Predestination is unto adoption re-writes and dismisses of anything and everything that Brings Glory to The One and Only True and Living God AND can be seen in the absence of Worship and Praise.

4) Adoption is defined as the redemption of the body re-writes and dismisses of anything and everything that Brings Glory to The One and Only True and Living God AND can be seen in the absence of Worship and Praise.

5) Said adoption occurs at the resurrection re-writes and dismisses of anything and everything that Brings Glory to The One and Only True and Living God AND can be seen in the absence of Worship and Praise.

6) To bear the image of Christ's resurrection body is a blessing connected to salvation, not salvation per se re-writes and dismisses of anything and everything that Brings Glory to The One and Only True and Living God can be seen in the absence of Worship and Praise.

These various re-writes and dismissals of anything and everything that Brings Glory to The One and Only True and Living God THAT can be seen in the absence of Worship and Praise never stop and although seemingly, give all the 'praise and glory' to the flash-filled, carnal, lost soul of man, that is the direct result.

Indirectly, Satan is worshiped, by these blasphemous 'decrees' and pronouncements.

God's people no like.

God Likes less.

Infinitely less.

Calvin wrote some things, I understand.

I could care less about Calvin.

What I care about is those who have not agreed with Calvin's summation of Total depravity.

They hate Calvin and The God Who teaches Total depravity AS THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH A SOUL MUST BE BORN AGAIN.

Hating God is not the position for a soul to be in.

#48 Alan Gross, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation is complete in election. To become developed over time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very nice Steam Rolling via The Eternal Word of God, Dave G.

PRAISE JESUS!!!

"you hath he quickened who ........were by nature the children of wrath..."
    Ephesians 2:1a, 2:3c.

Romans 8:29-30;

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Psalms 65:4;

blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Ephesians 2:1-10;

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,

which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Titus 3:4-7;

4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

12. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was a regurgitation of philosophy without addressing any verse.
    You refuse to watch a video but correct it.
    I can't do anything.
    All the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I appreciate your view. Do you think that Calvinism is a false gospel? And if so then why? Thx

14. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the sake of honesty, can I talk to your significant other, or whoever tells you how to be illiterate.

You have an OP arguing SOMETHING other than the verse, itself:
    30 Moreover whom He Did Predestinate, them He also Called.

The God-Hating fool in the video I didn't watch, according to whoever does your thinking for you ( if it's just Satan, never mind. He's not my thing. May the Lord Rebuke him), equtes Bible Doctrines and verses to a man. That is beyond weird.

Calvin wrote some things, I understand.

I could care less about Calvin.

What I care about is those who have not agreed with Calvin's summation of Total depravity.

They hate Calvin and The God Who teaches Total depravity AS THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH A SOUL MUST BE BORN AGAIN.

Hating God is not the position for a soul to be in.

Total Depravity that God Teaches from Genesis to Revelation is what lost people REPENT of.

Lost souls must be lost before they can ever be Saved/

If your significant other, or this God-Hating fool, doesn't know God's Thinking was Done, by God, Who is Eternal, in Eternity past, so be it.

Satan does, but he sure is able to sell his lies to some people.

These various re-writes and dismissals of anything and everything that Brings Glory to The One and Only True and Living God THAT can be seen in the absence of Worship and Praise never stop and although seemingly, give all the 'praise and glory' to the flash-filled, carnal, lost soul of man, that is the direct result.

Indirectly, Satan is worshiped, by these blasphemous 6 'decrees' and pronouncements.

Although they are 'scripture'. Extra-Biblical 'scripture' writings to add to an Anti-Christ publication.

That is not what God Calls His children to do, who are led by The Holy Spirit of God.

God's people no like.

God Likes less.

Infinitely less.

All Arminianism/ Free willism is Extra-Biblical.

God Does Not Worship human beings any more than He Gave Calvin Doctrines to write.

The Doctrines are there in The Bible, for Eternity, and must be thrown out, wholesale, with the rest of the Bible and new Extra-Biblical heresy written that is non-Biblical and Anti-Christ.

The entire Body of Divine and Practical Doctrine that GIVES GLORY to The Son of God, for Rescuing the perishing, since the fall of Adam MUST BE ABANDONED and replaced with, "God Worships individuals".

That is NOT in the Bible.

"there is none good" is in The Bible.

Arminian/ Free willismers Do Not Worship God, as you will ALWAYS SEE IN THEIR EXTRA-BIBLICAL WRITINGS.., such as there 6 declarations of Independence from Him....WHICH ELIMINATE AND EXCLUDE THE GLORY of JESUS CHRIST in The Redemption of souls....,

or The Glory Jesus Gives God The Father, by Delivering The Kingdom to Him...

AND, yet NO MATTER WHAT THEY MAKE UP: GOD DOES NOT WORSHIP THEM.

The prospect that Armenians DO NOT PLACE THEIR SOUL UNDER THE CONSIDERATION of GOD'S ETERNAL WORDS, such as, "30 Moreover whom He Did Predestinate, them He also Called", is DEMONIC.

Twisting verses is required by alienation from God and the absence of The Holy Spirit that causes God's children to be Teachable, to what The Bible Actually Says.

They are alienated from even 'thinking about' Honoring God, with their sin-cursed reasoning.

They are proud, boast, and brag and accuse others of saying they wrongfully are said to be proud, boast, and brag.

I believe it is God Who is Eternally Offended by their rebellion, abomination, heresy, and pride, boasting, and sinful bragging.

If they would only do one thing, they would done.

If they would STOP BRAGGING ABOUT THEIR IGNORANCE.

The Spirit of God is a Component of Biblical Theology and NOT ARMENIANISM> HE is not there.

#54 Alan Gross, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  15. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes I’m not into studying error either. The last thing to do is watch an Armenian video. That’s like studying a Book of Mormon .pass

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. ivdavid

ivdavid Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you guys serious? Or is this some weird form of sarcasm that i'm not getting? In any case, there's a Bible Study Thread on this forum that may be better suited for your preferences - this thread here is actually where we debate differing beliefs with an intent to better understand each others' positions and their reasons, perhaps uniting together over the truth. And more specifically, we do a lot of calvinism & arminianism & lutheranism here - to say you don't want to engage in arguments here kinda contradicts why you'd even want to begin posting here.

Also, you might want to do some reading on church history - calvinists generally quite vehemently denied arminianism was a heresy and always allowed for brotherly love across both groups. If being wrong on a few doctrines is the mark of not being saved, then calvinism would fail that same standard too and you would have to declare yourselves ungodly - but that's not what we're about at all. You probably might have that itch to double down stronger thinking that would somehow prove a point - but informing ourselves with more knowledge always leads to approaching judgmental conclusions with more apprehension and humility.

P.S. Let's not malign a whole people group unnecessarily - Armenians are not to be caught in the crossfire between calvinists and arminians, right? :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They’re both wrong.

18. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist

19. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    The premise of Arminianism is that no one is lost and there is no reason to repent or Trust in Jesus.

The premise of Arminianism includes an undying devotion to "Calvinism", as a substitute for The Bible and God's Doctrines Contained in it, and to deny that teaching included within it that the lost soul is lost and that there is a reason to repent and Jesus is The Savior.

There is no debate or discussion.

The thought that there could be more than one Eternal Salvation of a soul within Mankind is enough blaspheme to last a lost soul an Eternity of Suffering in The Lake of Fire.

The Forum seems to allow it's entertainment, for arguing religion, like you mentioned, but to be serious about The Things of God does not involve pretending sinners can give intellectual consent to a 'pray after me' carnal activity of the flesh and sing, "All is Well with my soul".

Where do you think so many 'teachers' and 'congregations full of people' come from that wouldn't know Jesus Christ or The Spirit of God, or God The Father any more than they know how to interpret The Bible, AS IF THERE IS A GOD?

May The Lord Jesus Rebuke your advisor and the accuser of the brothers and sisters who know and serve God..

Repent and believe The Gospel with your whole people group.

I called the denials of the person on the video as a God-Hating fool.

So be it.

We can't call people here lost.

Does that mean they are not?

Their testimony is.

Hating The Godhead Who Predestinated His Elect in The Council Halls of Eternity is NOT THE ACTIVITY of SAVED SOULS LED by THE HOLY SPIRIT of GOD.

You stand, like others here, before Jesus and tell Him that The Bible teachings of His God-Called man is puke.

The only reason to play this, 'nobody knows anything for sure' trick, is SATAN.

I am a Bible Believer.

All of the reprobate vessels fitted for destruction that are left, the rest, after God's Elect, who judge themselves unworthy of Eternal Life can bring Glory to God by going to Hell.

Glory to God, Praise Jesus, we don't want to grieve OR BLASPHEME THE HOLY GHOST DO WE??

These various re-writes and dismissals of anything and everything that Brings Glory to The One and Only True and Living God THAT can be seen in the absence of Worship and Praise never stop, UNTIL THE INDIVIDUALS SOUL IS SAVED, OR THEIR MOUTH IS SHUT AT THE JUDGEMENT SEAT OF JESUS CHRIST AND TOLD TO BOW THEIR KNEE, THEN: FOR THE FIRST TIME.

THEY ARE BOWING TO SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE GOD OF THE BIBLE, NOW.

#59 Alan Gross, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  20. George Antonios

Faith:
    Baptist
    The gospel of Jesus Christ is that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, that he died for the sins of all men according to the scriptures, that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures (1Co.15:1-4) so that whosoever believes exclusively on him is justified by faith in him without the works of the law (Rom.3).

Does Calvinism differ with anything above?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.