1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Primitive Baptists beliefs

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 19, 2014.

1. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, it's not total inability that I dismiss. An unregenerate man is totally unable to actively participate in believing upon Christ. That's scriptural.

What I dismiss is the foolishness which props up the Protestant notion of inability.

All Protestants believe that a baby is born condemned to hell because of Adam's first sin. Born spiritually dead is how it's usually put. That's mistake #1, because scripture teaches that God places the spirit of man within him; and that upon death, the dust returns to the earth as it were, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Protestants are woefully ignorant of this spirit/body distinction as it pertains to sin and righteousness. Our body is corrupt on account of Adam. But he did not have any ability to corrupt the breath which had not yet come from God.

Now, if the clean spirit coming from God becomes corrupt upon entering a human body, then Christ would have been corrupt at His incarnation. He was made LIKE US.

Where He succeeded, and where every man fails, is at the point of maturity - when every man goes his own way and determines right and wrong for himself, when we become fools and acknowledge God no longer. That is when we all become dead in sin. Christ only did the Father's will, even obedient to the point of death.

Protestants also get a fail at another point. Falsely thinking that faith is a choice, or a commitment, and understanding that unregenerated mam is unable to please God, they surmise that God must regenerate him first. The fail is reducing regeneration to a mere change of disposition, whereby he can now "choose" Christ.

Faith isn't a by choice, faith comes when the Holy Spirit sideswipes our thinking. When HE draws us to Christ through conviction of sin and convinces us of the truth of the gospel. NOBODY, whether dead in sin or regenerated, has any ability to "choose" to believe the gospel. It's humanly impossible to "decide" to believe upon someone. You either are persuaded, or it doesn't happen.

Read through Acts. Paul went out PERSUADING men. He preached the truth of the gospel , and the Holy Spirit did the work in men.

A third fail is in thinking that righteousness extends no further than "crediting", that our suns are "covered" by the blood of Christ, as if He's no better than a bull or goat.

When regeneration is properly understood as a literal cleansing, a literal removing of sins, a literal recreation, then it should be obvious that it cannot precede faith unto a crediting of righteousness.

What good would it do to "credit" righteousness to someone who's already become the righteousness of God?

In yet another fail, Protestants believe that upon death, a defiled, corrupt, "covered" spirit will be changed to be made fit for heaven. What they're talking about is biblical regeneration, and assigning it to happen at death.

But with biblical regeneration upon conversion, a man's inner being is literally righteous. The only thing he needs, to be fit for heaven, is to shed this BODY of death. Then it, too, will be cleansed of sin at the resurrection. That happens when Christ returns. That is how the whole man will be complete - body, soul, spirit - at His coming.

Protestant doctrine is nothing but one fail piled on top of each previous one, starting with the corrupted notion of Original Sin.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you do not disagree with Deut. 29:29 yet want to discern the Lord's mind on matters that He has not chosen to reveal to us?

You have no problem with Romans 9:14 where Paul speaks of both God's mercy and the fact that He chooses to harden some?

It sounds biblical to me.
    Well your understanding is faulty. If one doesn't hear the Gospel then one cannot be saved. And nobody is talking about "fully understanding what has taken place in their heart." No one has made that claim.
    I'll leave the first two classes to Deut 29:29. Why can't you?

I have no problem with the fact that those who have not heard the Gospel cannot be saved. There is no injustice with God. Remember? That is a basic principle that you should never forget. If you abide by it you will not get tied in knots with your emotions --such as anger.

We should have a burden for lost souls that's what the G.C. is all about. But can you grasp the idea that it is God's will that some are not among the elect --including those who never have or will hear the Gospel?

You should have learned a long time ago in your walk with the Lord, that the question of the heathen --(which is a favorite jab by many non-Christians) is settled. If one doesn't even know about Christ they stand condemned for their sin. Read the first two chapters of Romans for clarification.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well man is neither sick nor well. HE IS DEAD. At least so far as his relationship to God is concerned. You see that in Ephesions 1....that teaches that human beings are spiritually dead.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well in short....your explaination relegates both my sister and my infant son to hell.....

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey guy. It's still not sinking into your head. Please believe Deut. 29:29. As many times as I have repeated myself with utter clarity you refuse to acknowledge what I have said --even when you quote me!

6. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ephesians 1 doesn't say anything about us being BORN dead. Paul tell in Romans 7:9-13 how he died. And it matches what he said in Romans 1

We've all gone astray according to scripture. Gone astray from what, or who? Can you go astray from somewhere you've never been?

Scripture says WE have all sinned and FALLEN short of the glory of God. Can you fall from somewhere you've never been? Why didn't Paul say we were BORN short of the glory of God?

Why are those who cry the loudest "SOLA SCRIPTURA" embracing traditions which weren't developed until hundreds of years after Christ died?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But mine doesn't.

But, we shouldn't pick doctrines based on how comfortable they make us.

8. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably he was referring to Eph 2:1-5. Give them the benefit of the doubt at least.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yea "we " will.....elsewise "we " will become His enemy "again " and we wouldn't want that now would "we ":smilewinkgrin:

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Listen pal...you go to your church and I will go to mine. Calvinism doesnt cut it for me, it makes no provisions for the innocent....it doesn't see the mercy of God and that I reject.

#50 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is "them? " .....would that be like "we " or "them protestants " or is that "them caveman primitives? " :laugh:

TELLING VERY TELLING!

But yes Ephesian 2:1....Paul makes the claim that WE "follow the ways of the world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air -- gratifying the cravingsof our sinful nature."

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the

ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time,

gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its

[a]

desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature

But because of his great love for us,

deserving of wrath.

made us alive with Christ even

God, who is rich in mercy,

when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

#51 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 21, 2014
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "God who is rich in mercy ".......yea, I'm OK with that. That is what I rest on.:godisgood:

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Which leads to this question...are there any innocent people?

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother Steve, I wrote this on that "other" site, and I'll post it here....

I hope this helps....

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK...go on the other side and read what I said in responce

Also....do you see any value in this....

But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid

them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

#55 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 21, 2014
  16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok...but concede that they have not had the opportunity to sin on their own nor the capability to hear the gospel....has not Christ died as a propitiation?

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Here is the thing Brother Steve. When we look upon a baby, all we see is the baby, and it's fleshly body. God looks into their soul. The thing is is if a baby is born sinless, and dies sinless, then someone died and went to heaven w/o Christ's atoning work. Christ came to save sinners. He came to die for sinners. If babies died before they ever sinned, then they made it to heaven on their own and not Christ's atoning blood shed on the cross at Calvary.

The works of God, such as sanctification, repentance, faith, justification, &c., are all gifts of God given to the sinner. They are passive in receiving these gifts. Once received, they have now something to go to God with to plead for His mercy.

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Furthermore, how many times have you heard people call babies, infants, toddlers, God's little angels? I shutter at that notion. Why? Christ never died for one angel. The angels that fell, they were never offered a chance to repent and be reconciled to God. Those who didn't fall, have no need of repenting. So when they say a baby, infant, toddler, is God's little angel, they don't truly grasp what they're saying....

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't have to plead for mercy when you were given rebirth. What makes you different from them? What, that you lived longer or that you were born without mental handicaps

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You've lost me here. What do you mean? Please expound.

The rebirth, the birth from above was what caused me to plead for mercy. The rebirth, regeneration, is what opened my eyes, ears, and heart to truly realize the despair I was in.

But please expound on this post, please...