Proof ALL does not mean all men

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Scott Downey, Nov 12, 2020.

1. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show the context

2. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you see all without exception in the passage ? Simple yes or no ?

3. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

4. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the proof that it means all without exception. But will you listen to what the Bible Teaches?

International Standard Version Ezekiel 18:23 “I don’t take delight in the death of the wicked, do I?” asks the Lord God. “Shouldn’t I rather delight when he turns from his wicked ways and lives?

5. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe thats in your imagination. Those words arent there. You have put them there, not good friend

6. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has nothing to do with 1 Tim 2:1-6

7. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at the previous reply and tell me that this doesn't mean the entire human race

8. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You tell me where you see all without exception in 1 Tim 2:1-6

9. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most certainly is. Only if you want to hear

10. Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it doesnt. You just desperate to promote whats not there in 1 Tim 2:1-6 Show us in that passage the words " all without exception"

11. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read it. All people, all Kings, all in authority. It is absurd to say that this means all kinds of. Only your theology will stop you accepting what the Bible actually says

12. Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preach THAT!

13. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only part of the full Gospel!

14. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you have yet to show that people means individuals.

15. SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are a rebel against the teachings of the

16. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As usual, resorting to ad hominem when you can't respond with an answer to the argument.

17. Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @SavedByGrace How do we prove or disprove your application of this verse as meaning all will be saved?

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. ~ KJV

By comparing with other scripture.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. ~ KJV

There would be no point of mentioning the ones that do not believe as being condemned already if they were saved.

Let us go fast forward to the White Throne judgment;

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. ~ KJV

People will be tempted to take the mark of the beast to buy & sell in the New World order in the great tribulation & even though the gospel was preached everywhere by the first angel in Revelation 14:6-12 & the third warned everyone of the consequence for taking the mark which is the lake of fire, how can we believe that all will be saved?

Then you have this; when the rest of the dead will be judged that did not go through the great tribulation.

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. ~ KJV

I believe the rightly dividing of the word of truth of 1 Timothy 2:4 has to be done by aligning with other scripture. I believe God has the power to save all but He knows that some will prefer their evil deeds rather than to come to the light to be saved.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

18. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning
    This thread will be closed no sooner than 0400 EST (Tue), 1:00 am PST (Tue)

19. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed Feel free to start a new one and if you do - not a bad ideal to link this page: