1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Putin eats Trump's lunch in Helsinki -- This is no way to win against Russia

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FollowTheWay, Jul 16, 2018.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A scared leftist idiot, as are several other leftist idiots are at this moment in time.

2. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Besides being a mere mortal that makes mistakes he's a true patriot that loves this country and wants the best for it. Consider what JFK went through who also was a true patriot that loved this country and wanted the best for it. :

The Worst Day of JFK’s Life

"This is an odd title considering the book is not about November 22nd, 1963.

Reuters-

President John F. Kennedy was brutally honest about what would prove to be one of the worst performances of an American leader with his leading global counterpart of his time – his two-day summit with Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev.

As he drove away from the Soviet embassy with Secretary of State Dean Rusk in his black limo, Kennedy banged the flat of his hand against the shelf beneath the rear window. Rusk had been shocked that Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev had used the word “war” during their acrimonious exchange about Berlin’s future, a term diplomats invariably replaced with any number of less alarming synonyms.

Despite all the president’s pre-summit briefings, Rusk felt Kennedy had been unprepared for Khrushchev’s brutality. The extent of Vienna Summit’s failure would not be as easy to measure as the Bay of Pigs fiasco six weeks earlier. There would be no dead, CIA-supported exile combatants in a misbegotten landing area, who had risked their lives on the expectation that Kennedy and the United States would not abandon them.

However, the consequences could have be even bloodier. A little more than two months after Vienna, the Soviet would oversee the construction of the Berlin Wall. That, in turn, would be followed in October 1962 by the Cuban Missile Crisis. Already in Vienna Kennedy was distraught that Khrushchev, assuming that he was weak and indecisive, might engage in the sort of “miscalculation” that could lead to the threat of nuclear war. He didn’t know then that his prediction would become prophesy.

Kennedy carried with him from Vienna to London, for his follow-up meeting with Prime Minister Harold Macmillan, the Khrushchev aide-memoire delivered in Vienna that detailed the Soviet demands for a German settlement within six months, “or else.” If the Soviets made it public, as Kennedy had to assume they would, his critics would accuse him of having walked into a Berlin trap in Vienna that he should have seen coming.

Before leaving Vienna himself, Kennedy met in a private room, behind closed blinds, at the U.S. ambassador’s residence with New York Times columnist James “Scotty” Reston. He wanted to get across to Reston the seriousness of the situation, and then use him as a conduit to paint a grim picture for the American people. He spoke to Reston in the tone of the confessional.

Kennedy wore a hat pulled low on his forehead as he sunk into the sofa. It would be one of the most candid sessions ever between a reporter and a commander-in-chief.

“How was it?” asked Reston.

“Worst thing in my life,” said Kennedy. “He savaged me.”

Reston jotted in his notebook: “Not the usual bull[----]. There is a look a man has when he has to tell the truth.”

“I’ve got two problems,” Kennedy told Reston. “First, to figure out why he did it, and in such a hostile way. And second, to figure out what we can do about it.”

Because of the Bay of Pigs, Kennedy said, Khrushchev “thought that anyone who was so young and inexperienced as to get into that mess could be taken. And anyone who got into it and didn’t see it through had no guts. So he just beat the hell out of me…I’ve got a real problem.”

Reston rightly concluded in his New York Times report, which carefully protected his source, that Kennedy “was astonished by the rigidity and the toughness of the Soviet leader.” He said Kennedy “definitely got the impression that the German question was going to be a very near thing.”

Even Kennedy, however, underestimated just how quickly Khrushchev would act."

Attached Files:

#42 kyredneck, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in an information and intelligence unit when stationed on the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) line of defense which ran from Upstate NY to Thule Greenland at the time of the Cuban crisis.

Even those of us with desk jobs were put on combat ready status.

Russia (the Kremlin) hates us and has especially hated us from WWII onward.
    They were/are a Communist nation we were/are a Capitalist nation pure and simple.

We stand in the way of their dream of world domination. Putin is part of that Kremlin dream.

I hope Trump realizes this, I think he does and is simply trying for "peace in our time".

War with Russia (WWIII) is inevitable, may the Lord have mercy.

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rewind several months to the Summit Khruschev and Kennedy had immediaty preceeding that. Kennedy told his advisors when he returned home that he had blown it. K had seen him as weak. Many years later it was confirmed that K acted to move missiles to Cuba because he saw Kennedy as weak at the summit.

NOW, Kennedy's diplomacy was weak, but his actions were strong. The same is proving true with Trump. Watch his actions. Discount his word choices and watch his actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed,

Anyone remember this
    upload_2018-7-18_9-15-23.jpeg upload_2018-7-18_9-14-50.jpeg

Nothing has changed except the actors.

• Like Like x 1
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure I remember it. Russia was loosely allied with us in WW II, of course, and now Putin is in trouble with China, as are we. I posted a thread Good-bye, China on this situation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, here's the real traitors:

Obama and Clinton, Not Trump, Sold Out to Putin

"Obama administration knowingly advanced Russia's energy strategy to expand its global influence

With a military budget only 10 percent of that of the United States, Russia’s top geopolitical tool of influence is its energy sector.

Over the past decade, President Vladimir Putin has used a sophisticated strategy to increase Russia’s uranium production and gas transit routes to expand the country’s global influence.

Yet despite the U.S. government being well aware of Russia’s intentions, the Obama administration, including the State Department headed by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, approved a deal that gave Russia control over 20 percent of all uranium mining capacity in the United States.

Leaked State Department cables dating back to 2009 detailed Russia’s efforts to use its energy sector to create “zones of pressure,” as well as the objective of Russia’s Military Intelligence Agency to “renuclearize” Russia....."

"...Clinton’s own ties to the deal were close. Just months before the deal was approved, her husband, former President Bill Clinton, had traveled to Moscow in June 2010 to meet personally with Putin. On the same day as the meeting, Clinton was paid $500,000 by Renaissance Capital, a Russian investment bank with ties to Putin, for a 90-minute speech...."

"...Nuclear power reactors in the United States now rely on foreign nations for 93 percent of all uranium purchases, according to a recent report by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

America also only has one operating uranium mill left, Utah’s White Mesa Mill...."

"...American nuclear power plant operators have supplies that on average would last only one year. The reliance on imported uranium provides foreign countries, such as Russia, with unique leverage over the United States that would be detrimental in the case of an armed conflict...."

"...Despite assurances made by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) in 2010, in response to concerns from Congress, that “no uranium produced” by Uranium One “may be exported,” numerous instances of such exports took place after Russia took control over the company.

Instead of providing Rosatom with a license directly, the NRC added Uranium One to an existing export license in 2012, thus allowing American-produced uranium to leave the country, The Hill reported.

Uranium was exported to Canada through a third party, a logistical firm called RSB Logistics Services Inc., after which some of the uranium made its way to Europe. It is unclear where the uranium went after it reached Europe...."

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President trump just mispoke, and he clarifed that the very next day.
    You do realise that even if Trump had nominated jesus as next SC judge, the Dems and libs would have gone all attack, and at least Trump has still done FAR more for America in less than 2 years then Obama did in 8!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have seen far worse by other presidents, and NONE of them got the ole treason, lets impeach now and boot out.
    Obama was saying the same stuff for 8 years, were you wanting to get him also then?

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Loosely? Very tightly is more like it.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is not really an anti trumper, but is really pro dem!

13. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder why I kept calling Doug "Dave" - well, anyways, I thought he was just like a TRUE neverTrumper in the fact that he said he wasn't going to vote for either Trump or Hillary. Doug has a book coming out about Russia, of all things.

Wasn't alive to see the JFK thing, heard about Niki's threat in school but he himself was long buried by then.

I don't think you understood my post - my point was that the left would have complained no matter what Trump said or did in any situation. Meltdown 24/7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recently heard an interesting story about the Cuban Missile crisis. One Russian sub had dived because of approaching U.S. warships. I think their batteries were low and they couldn't communicate with whoever was directing their operation. The captain, thinking that we had already launched nuclear missiles towards Moscow gave the order to launch. Their policy was that 3 of his top officers had to go along with the launch decision. Two did. ONE MAN said no and that prevented a thermonuclear exchange that would have been a total disaster for the world.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07/trump-putin-conference-right-reaction

“I had really hoped that I could say [the mainstream media] were wrong,” Fox Business’s Trish Regan said, seemingly furious that Trump hadn’t taken the “opportunity” to stand up to Putin. “He basically said he didn’t buy what his own intelligence community was telling him. . . . He should have defended us! He should have defended his own intelligence community. Or just don’t take the meeting! Don’t go to Helsinki if you can’t look the guy in the eye and tell him what’s what!”

16. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But anchors on Fox and its sister network, Fox Business, were moved to sharply criticize Trump’s asides blaming his own country for the tension in the United States' relationship with Russia and his remarks casting doubt on the U.S. intelligence community's assessments of Russian election interference.

Cavuto, a host on Fox Business and Fox News, blasted Trump in a segment in which he directly addressed the president.

“On foreign soil at least, you might consider praising our enemies less,” Cavuto said.

What worries me about you, Mr. President, is you seem to say only good things about your enemies, our enemies, and to hell with your friends, our friends,” Cavuto added, in reference to Trump calling the European Union a U.S. “foe” and his criticisms of the NATO alliance.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All addressed by the president the NEXT DAY... When did Obama address the red Line in Syria?

18. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting, very interesting. Source; would love to read more about this.

Watching a WWII documentary a few days ago and learned for the first time that the Germans were very active w/u-boat activity along our east coast wreaking much havoc. Was playing in the surf at Myrtle Beach as a young tyke in that time frame; totally unaware of the danger.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh vanity fair is not foreign policy experts and they do not set the agenda. them telling the President what international meetings he should or should not take is like pee wee Herman telling Bill Gates what software to run. Its an absurd notion. In the future just know that just because you link to an article does not mean you have provided proof of anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My father managed a hotel in Dover, N.H. in the early 1940's. There were blackouts periodically due to German sub activity off the coast. He had a man working the desk at night who left. It turns out a new man who applied for and got the job was an FBI agent who was watching the previous man because he had been seen monitoring train activity in the area.

• Like Like x 1