1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question about a Catholic litany

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Speedpass, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

I’m neither a cleric nor a scholar, just a believer in the Creeds, but I see this as a hopeful sign and will remain in prayer.

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do they use Arabic in their service?

3. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Also it would be nice to hear from Matt Black to see what he thinks about this.

4. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Most do at least for the 'words of institution' at the Eucharist. I attended a Maronite Catholic Church in Utica, N.Y. that had elements of the Liturgy in Arabic and Aramaic. A Maronite monastery in Petersham, Mass where I attended Divine Liturgy used Aramaic during the consecration of the Eucharist.

5. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Matt Black has a lot of insight. I would like to hear what he thinks as well.

This is a huge defeat for the Archbishop of Cantebury, Rowan Williams. I’m sure his supporters will try to make it less of a blow and spin it—but there’s no way anybody can see it otherwise.

6. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Even baptist see that guy is really liberal.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

God have mercy.

8. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you just going to stop there? You might as well continue.

Kýrie, eléison; Christé, eléison; Kýrie, eléison. Just kidding. :tongue3:

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Pope may value unity of a sort. But the Bible doesn't. Read 2Cor.6:14-17. There is no unity there. The Book of Revelation does speak of a one world church. It is still future. It is still in the making. It will first be ruled and formed by one called the false prophet. When the anti-christ will have no more use for the false prophet he will dispose of him. He will be the ultimate one world leader. All of this is spelled out very clearly in the Book of Revelation. It just isn't a book of weird symbols, allegory, etc. It sets forth future events very clearly that are yet to come.

One only has to ask themselves: What is Satan now using to bring about this one-world church? I think the answer is obvious, though it may be more than one element. It may be two or three working together.

10. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You're right DHK. The bible doesn't want Unity! Thats why Jesus prayed "Father don't let them be one as you and I are" Because If Christians were one then they would re-commit the sin of the Tower of Babel and think they are God. God needed to confuse them with tongues and still does seperating the Pentecostals from the NT Baptist Churches.
    However, there is something that grates me about the Catholic Church being pretty inclusive and Eccumenianism seems to becoming a reality.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is a reason why Amos wrote:
    "How can two walk together lest they be agreed."
    Unless there be unity in doctrine, they cannot walk together.
    The RCC is an apostate church that believes salvation can be attained by works, not by faith in Christ. There is no Christian unity with the RCC with any evangelical church, for the RCC preaches a false gospel. This is not what Jesus was speaking about when he said "that they all may be one."

12. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Is it not in keeping with our Lord’s will for His Church to strive towards greater unity within the Body of Christ? Repairing and healing and restoring?

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Uh, the Body of Christ IS his Church. His church is not a specific denomination or other organized religious institution.

14. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Could have better said 'will for his Church is to strive for greater unity within his Church' Sorry!

15. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Let me just say that those who stand outside the Catholic Church are usually not the best interpreters of the faith of the Catholic Church.

I do know you USED to be a Catholic.

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Rome is not my home. I want no part of Rome. God have mercy on anyone who is deceived into it.

17. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

DHK said...

Very true. Those who are yoked with blasphemous organisations like the Catholic Church, Orthodox and ultra liberal protestant groups very much need to come to their senses and flee these groups.

This is a very serious matter.

May God give supernateral enlightenment to all who are yoked with counterfiet groups...before it is too late.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen! :praying:

19. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Swim ....in speedos….ohhhh no! Tiber too cold! lol

I'm sorry, but there are just too many of us former Baptist who have taken the plunge. The only conclusion you can make is that we were really never saved to begin with. I only know that my relationship with Jesus Christ has only become stronger as a 'born again Catholic'.

20. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now that's an interesting discussion. How? Would be my question. It probably requires another thread but how have you seen yourself become stronger as a Catholic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.