1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Question for KJVOs"like me" can we translate from.....

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by azguitarist, Mar 2, 2005.

1. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

2. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Would die and do die as i understand...

3. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Su Wei... It only makes sense.Aman! Why waste the work that God had his hand on when they Translated the KJV?

4. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Oh and since the Bible I have is a Translation from the KJV therefore rendering it an """""inaccurate man-made book - a far cry from a Bible"""" And yet it reads perfectly with the KJV- since the Translation and the KJV read the same they are the same"inaccurate man-made book"s" - a far cry from {a}{being} Bibles," see you must follow all paths to the end to be able to see the end.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Very good point AZ. I like you. And WELCOME to the board.

In HIS service;
    Jim

6. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    consider these verses too!:

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

God will save out of every people, tongue and nation. How except through the power of His Word, the Bible?

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

7. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Dr. Bob As Christians we are to keep the conversation clean with no vulgar ,crude or base language. <snipped by moderator>

Moderator note: If you have an issue with a moderator and his policies, please deal with it by PM, not in the public forum.
    Roger
    C4K

[ March 03, 2005, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

8. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Ok..im new lol.....

Ne way as far as Dr Bob to say we have an interpretation instead of a translation in the KJV That belief goes directly against the verse in the Bible that says it is of "NO PRIVATE INTERPRETATION"

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Look at any one that has, sadly, been translated from the KJV and you will find an inaccurate man-made book - a far cry from a Bible. </font>[/QUOTE]Agree totally. Double translation is NEVER wise - the further one gets from the orignal source the more the truth is diluted. So if you go from the KJV to Spanish can you then go from the Spanish version to French, then from that to Dutch?

What possible use would we then have for any copy of Hebrew or Greek manuscripts?

10. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Therefore you believe we have diluted "truth" in english therfore it is not as powerfull or sharp as the "orignal source".the point is refrence not source that is the use of the What&gt;?? a copy? aCOPY of the hebrew or greek manuscripts? hum. seem we are a Loooooooooooong way from the origin. source therefore I like that word- all we have is "diluted" the definition of that word is
    reduced in strength or concentration or quality or purity; Wow and you put your faith in a diluted {non}word of God??

11. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

I hope i dont sound mean... I contend fervently for the truth...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    if you were on the mission field in a place like Thailand, you got someone converted, and they are hungry for the Word of GOd, i think you'd do the same and translate from the bible you are most familiar with. It's a matter of time and practicalities.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I repeat my previous question, since you apparently missed it.

What possible rationale can you use to claim the that KJV is God's ONLY channel for modern translation?

14. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Oh... I still have yet to see an example of a faithfull translation from the KJV that reads different.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Could you please fill us in on the foreign language versions directly translated from the KJV without original language helps?

How many languages do you speak fluently that you can make that determination?

16. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

Yes you can if great care is placed into each one of the translations. and i never said that the KJV is the only channel for modern translation.However if we have a Bible in spanish
    that is true to the KJV then by all means we can translate from it to french then the point comes into question is the kjv word perfect? You see all of the arguments placed here only attack the KJV. By saying the farther from the source the more you dilute the truth you attack the KJV. Since this seems to be the problem we will never get anywhere till the KJV is agreed upon.

17. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

I believe the burden of proof lies on you folks to prove it is imposible to be done. Any thing I say will not affect your desire to have Gods Perfect Word in any other language because of your belief that we dont have it in English.

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Any other KJVo poster want to agree with this brother on translational procedure?

19. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. azguitarist

azguitarist New Member

I base my belief on the fact That the KJV is THE WORD PERFECT Word Of God.Therefore any Faithfull translation into any langauge that back translates into english and reads the same as the KJV then we have a bible that a missionary from the foreign land can take and use to translate it into the language of the country where he is a missionary.God always wants perfection.So dont quit till we got it!