1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Question For My Reformed Brothers And Sistes, Will God Take Care Of Us?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Calv1, May 14, 2017.

1. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

Right, I understand I'm not alone in that though, you know the Lord with Sinai in His hand, frustrated with me, just waiting for another mistake. I truly feel like Christian, weight off my back, my work is to believe in Christ, that's my work, and Zeph 3:17, I read that every day

• Like Like x 1
  2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sure Ill agree with you here. God for his glory sake chose to love only some.

So my imitation of God will follow likewise. I will only help some. If I care for everyone I would not be imitating God.

3. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

You're getting confused here my friend. Salvation and general love are two different things. God is good, He takes care of the wicked and the righteous, causes the sun to rise on the good and bad, that doesn't mean He automatically saves all or none, you are in a category error.

God is GOOD, His goodness extends to all in this world, so we too are to imitate Him and be good to all, IE bless those who hate us, help the wicked, but that's is a far cry, and a different category from Salvation. We can be good to people knowing they are not saved, so to imitate God we are good to all, and what does scripture say? "Love all, ESPECIALLY the brothers"

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

There is no separate classes to agape. Reminds of folks who say everyone is equal but some are more equal then others. Just like the pharisees who self proclaimed elect.

Does God love the reprobate the same way he does elect? If the answer is NO then NEITHER WILL I.

Treat others the way you want to be treated, Love your enemies.

If these things mean nothing to God, then they mean nothing to me who imitates him.

5. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

I don't know what you're trying to prove, either to yourself or others, sounds like to yourself. My last post was most accurate, if you don't understand it I'm sorry, but I'm not repeating it, everyone else understands it. John 3:20 "....he who believes not the WRATH OF GOD ABIDES IN THEM", that doesn't sound like love to me, but God is still good to them.

Read Psalm 73 for some education, spells it out in one Psalm.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God loves his own covenant people in a way different than others....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. utilyan

Site Supporter

God's wrath can be kinder then your greatest gentleness. What is worst having your child die in your arms or setting you on fire?

Anyone with half a heart says the former, they don't exactly flip a coin and ponder he's prob not elect.

See what your calvinist brother says: "God loves his own covenant people in a way different than others...."

IMITATE GOD, love people differently.

Some you love and some you skip.

Imitate Evil.

I believe God is GOOD, actually good not your FAKE GOOD who does evil things and demands them to be called Good. That is evil that is the greatest evil. You have set the Devil as God.

God is not a fake. He is PERFECTLY GOOD, not just called it, bonafide GOOD. Not one lick of evil in his soul. Pure LOVE.

8. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

Perfect summary

9. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

Just like He loved Israel, His "bride", more than the other nations, so He loves His elect in a unique, Fatherly way. Christ loved the rich young ruler, but not salvific love, He hated the Pharisees, He loved John, both sinners.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love my friends, byt love my wife and sons in a different way!

11. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

Yep. Before any of us were born, God loved some, hated others. Romans 9, this is referring to Salvation. God was good to Esau, yet simultaneously hated him. The Greek word used here for "Hated", is "Hated". Even those who try to twist scripture and say "Well it was two nations", OK fine it's still partiality, then it would say "Before any nations did good or evil, God loved Israel and hated other nations", funny how Arminians think that's the solution, it actually makes it worse for their lost cause.

Clearly the point Paul is trying to convey is what? ELECTION, so it could be said of all, not just Jacob and Esau, and we see it, Paul "God knew me.....", "Isaiah, before you were born I knew you", and so on. Clearly the word "Knew" in scripture always means "Loving relationship", in fact it NEVER means knowledge, first it simply never states it, second God can't learn anything, He already knows everyone and everything, the word "Knew" is the same as "Adam KNEW Eve and they had a child", "In that day I will say I never KNEW YOU", what is Jesus saying He had no knowledge of them? Of course not, He's says "I never had a loving relationship with you".

Really I'm SO SICK OF THE DEBATE, first there is no debate, Arminianism is non-biblical heresy, back in 08,09 I took debates pretty seriously, not anymore. Yes one can be saved without knowing the full truth of scripture, but in my opinion if someone is faced with the truth of God's word and responds "My god is not like that", they are not believers, just a world of professors, very few born again Christians

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Irony is that our arminian/ non cal brethren are saved the same way that we are, but the reformed road, they just refuse to accept it!
    And God to hate to me is same as jesus saying hate our family, not in an absolute sense, but love God more than even them!

13. utilyan

Site Supporter

You should imitate God, one of your sons may not be elect.

14. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ???
    Your hatred for God's Sovereignty makes you silly, utilyan.

#54 MennoSota, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  15. utilyan

Site Supporter

I don't hate God at all. The most kindest loving Father of all. His attitude is the same as Jesus Christ willing to help all those in need of help.

He is a perfect hero. Perfect Father. Loves all mankind.

Just because I don't think God is a HITLER megalomaniac doesn't mean I don't love God.

I believe its your hated of God's sovereignty that makes you silly. You force him to be Hitler and too incompetent to give any free will.

Convince me God is stupid and I will be a Calvinist.

You can't even imitate God THE FATHER because in your mind that would mean acting like Satan, only worried about self-supremacy and stepping on others.

Yet when we say imitate God THE FATHER, you would be acting like Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ who loves his enemies, forgives those who do him wrong, loves all mankind, wants everyone to be saved, lays his life down for others.

If any Calvinist had courage he'd cease to be Calvinist.

Suppose your child is a destined reprobate

And you pray that he be elect.

Your God says "tough" he doesn't have sovereignty to change up on whats declared.

My God would would save him against all destiny, against all odds. He actually has a heart and is more loving, more caring then your monster could even imagine.

Ezekiel 33

14“But when I say to the wicked, ‘You will surely die,’ and he turns from his sin and practices justice and righteousness, 15if a wicked man restores a pledge, pays back what he has taken by robbery, walks by the statutes which ensure life without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 16“None of his sins that he has committed will be remembered against him. He has practiced justice and righteousness; he shall surely live.

16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You hate God's sovereignty. Why is that? Why do you despise the fact that the King of Kings gets to choose and have the say in the matter?

17. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Context is important.

To whom is God speaking? What has happened with these people? How have the people been responding to God? How does this section fit with the 32 chapters before? Etc.
    Ezekiel 33:1-33
    [1]Once again a message came to me from the lord:
    [2]“Son of man, give your people this message: ‘When I bring an army against a country, the people of that land choose one of their own to be a watchman.
    [3]When the watchman sees the enemy coming, he sounds the alarm to warn the people.
    [4]Then if those who hear the alarm refuse to take action, it is their own fault if they die.
    [5]They heard the alarm but ignored it, so the responsibility is theirs. If they had listened to the warning, they could have saved their lives.
    [6]But if the watchman sees the enemy coming and doesn’t sound the alarm to warn the people, he is responsible for their captivity. They will die in their sins, but I will hold the watchman responsible for their deaths.’
    [7]“Now, son of man, I am making you a watchman for the people of Israel. Therefore, listen to what I say and warn them for me.
    [8]If I announce that some wicked people are sure to die and you fail to tell them to change their ways, then they will die in their sins, and I will hold you responsible for their deaths.
    [9]But if you warn them to repent and they don’t repent, they will die in their sins, but you will have saved yourself.
    [10]“Son of man, give the people of Israel this message: You are saying, ‘Our sins are heavy upon us; we are wasting away! How can we survive?’
    [11]As surely as I live, says the Sovereign lord, I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live. Turn! Turn from your wickedness, O people of Israel! Why should you die?
    [12]“Son of man, give your people this message: The righteous behavior of righteous people will not save them if they turn to sin, nor will the wicked behavior of wicked people destroy them if they repent and turn from their sins.
    [13]When I tell righteous people that they will live, but then they sin, expecting their past righteousness to save them, then none of their righteous acts will be remembered. I will destroy them for their sins.
    [14]And suppose I tell some wicked people that they will surely die, but then they turn from their sins and do what is just and right.
    [15]For instance, they might give back a debtor’s security, return what they have stolen, and obey my life-giving laws, no longer doing what is evil. If they do this, then they will surely live and not die.
    [16]None of their past sins will be brought up again, for they have done what is just and right, and they will surely live.
    [17]“Your people are saying, ‘The Lord isn’t doing what’s right,’ but it is they who are not doing what’s right.
    [18]For again I say, when righteous people turn away from their righteous behavior and turn to evil, they will die.
    [19]But if wicked people turn from their wickedness and do what is just and right, they will live.
    [20]O people of Israel, you are saying, ‘The Lord isn’t doing what’s right.’ But I judge each of you according to your deeds.”
    [21]On January 8, during the twelfth year of our captivity, a survivor from Jerusalem came to me and said, “The city has fallen!”
    [22]The previous evening the lord had taken hold of me and given me back my voice. So I was able to speak when this man arrived the next morning.
    [23]Then this message came to me from the lord:
    [24]“Son of man, the scattered remnants of Israel living among the ruined cities keep saying, ‘Abraham was only one man, yet he gained possession of the entire land. We are many; surely the land has been given to us as a possession.’
    [25]So tell these people, ‘This is what the Sovereign lord says: You eat meat with blood in it, you worship idols, and you murder the innocent. Do you really think the land should be yours?
    [26]Murderers! Idolaters! Adulterers! Should the land belong to you?’
    [27]“Say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign lord says: As surely as I live, those living in the ruins will die by the sword. And I will send wild animals to eat those living in the open fields. Those hiding in the forts and caves will die of disease.
    [28]I will completely destroy the land and demolish her pride. Her arrogant power will come to an end. The mountains of Israel will be so desolate that no one will even travel through them.
    [29]When I have completely destroyed the land because of their detestable sins, then they will know that I am the lord.’
    [30]“Son of man, your people talk about you in their houses and whisper about you at the doors. They say to each other, ‘Come on, let’s go hear the prophet tell us what the lord is saying!’
    [31]So my people come pretending to be sincere and sit before you. They listen to your words, but they have no intention of doing what you say. Their mouths are full of lustful words, and their hearts seek only after money.
    [32]You are very entertaining to them, like someone who sings love songs with a beautiful voice or plays fine music on an instrument. They hear what you say, but they don’t act on it!
    [33]But when all these terrible things happen to them—as they certainly will—then they will know a prophet has been among them.”

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be the will of God, and both of them received Jesus by faith already to get saved, thank God!

19. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

What really bothers me, see I used to debate heavy 07-14ish, then when I found that most of it was fruitless, that I put IE an entire paragraph, in context, about God's sovereignty, and get "Well my god is not like that", well that's very similar to Atheists.

My view is that unless we are trained in the scripture young, we act like Arminians. I'm convinced they can be regenerate, I even think those just learning yet fighting doctrines of Grace can be saved,but when they REALLY UNDERSTAND IT, see WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT HIMSELF AND HOW HE ACTS IN THE WORLD, and then say "Oh I don't believe that, I DON'T SEE HOW God can do X", then anymore I HIGHLY DOUBT their conversion, for no true Christian can deny God's word, that simple. It's not an insult, but if someone denies what God teaches (Isaiah "Lord, why have you hardened our hearts so we fear you not), (Jesus, High Priestly prayer right before going to cross, "Father, I pray NOT FOR THE WORLD, but for those who you gave to me), and who are these? John 6:40 et all "You are UNABLE to come to me unless the Father who sent me DRAWS you to me, ALL THAT ARE DRAWN WILL COME, and those that come I will in no wise cast them out), they deny the clear teaching here, it's very very serious, "I prevented him from sinning against me", from Genesis to Revelation the Bible teems with God explaining, whether we understand or not, it's called FAITH, that there is not one random atom in the Universe.

Has no one on this board read Luthers "Bondage of the Will", I always laugh when people say we follow Calvin, Luther and Calvin believed almost identical the same thing, certainly the same on predestination, free will, etc. they only differed in Baptism and other minor things. Luther was Calvin's hero.

So yeah it's like debating an Atheist, I can give historical evidence, manuscript evidence, third party acouunts, the Science found in the bible taught 3000 years ago 1. World is round. 2. Hangs on nothing. 3. There are fountains in the deep. 4. Light creates wind 5. Microbiology, if you touch a dead or sick body wash hands in running water 5. Life in the blood, Washington died of a bleeding. So you give them all this, and like Arminians they just ignore it, they get philosophical "So if God is like that, then......" I wish they'd just STEP OUT IN FAITH, BELIEVE WHAT HE SAYS, AND GIVE HIM GLORY INSTEAD OF ROBBING IT

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That book by Luther was very helpful to me is understanding just how the Fall really affected all of us now in Adam!