1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rapture Top Dogs Admit no Proof Exists

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 1689Dave, Jul 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Such as the Ttrinity?

2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The trinity is clearly taught but the name trinity is fabricated to summarize what is taught.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So trinity is not a good term to use?

4. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please study the teaching of Jesus in John 5 concerning salvation & a resurrection for all.

5. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it works because everyone know what you are talking about. Disciples being called Christians etc.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you studied the firstand second resurrctions in revealtion 0? As both of them were physically resurrected bodies each time!

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me where the Scripture expressly defines the Trinity.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The doctrine of the Trinity is an inferred doctrine distilled from many passages of scripture.

It took 300 years for an official pronouncement of the Trinitarian Dogma.

Are you a Trinitarian?

Show me the scripture which clearly teaches the Trinity without inference.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    revealtion 0 isn't in the Bible.
    I have however studied & considered in detail the two resurrections in Revelation 20.
    Please read on, think as you read, check with the Scriptures & consider the nature of the two resurrections as taught by the LORD Jesus in John 25.

Is the resurrection of souls physical? Is the conversion resurrection - The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live - physical?

And is the resurrection of John 5:28-29 which takes place in a coming hour two resurrections separated by 1,000 years?

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The doctrine is clearly taught in scripture. The debates refuted the unscriptural notions about ti that surfaced.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,” (Matthew 28:19)

“And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16–17)

“Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you, I do not speak on my own initiative, but the Father residing in me performs his miraculous deeds.” (John 14:10)

“Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and take up residence with him.” (John 14:23)

““I have spoken these things while staying with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and will cause you to remember everything I said to you.” (John 14:25–26)

Here's a few.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not any one of these verses explicitly defines the Trinity as 3 distinct persons in one divine essence but must be inferred from these and several others - the 1st chapter of Hebrews being of great importance.

So why then do you object to an inferred "rapture"?

Actually the "rapture" is clearly taught in one passage of scripture.

1 Thessalonians 4
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

caught up - Grk: ἁρπάζω harpazo

The word "rapture" comes from the Latin Vulgate version of this passage :
    VUL 1 Thessalonians 4:17 deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus

Discovered by Jesuit priests they were those who named the "catching away" of 1 Thessalonians 4:17 as "Rapturo".

This word harpazo and "rap" Latin stems is the semantic origin of "the rapture" of 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

Other uses:

Acts 6:12 And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council,
    Acts 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
    Acts 27:15 And when the ship was caught, and could not bear up into the wind, we let her drive.
    2 Corinthians 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth, such an one caught up to the third heaven.
    2 Corinthians 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
    Revelation 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

It's not that important to me Dave what you do or don't believe about "the rapture" of 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

What's important is that there are many church dogma that are distilled from an inference of multiple scripture.
    Though you are reluctant to admit it "Trinity" is one such doctrine.

BTW I am an unyielding believer of the Trinity and defining doctrine.
    Not so much the details of the happenings surrounding the "rap*" event of 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

13. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Since John is not my brother and companion in tribulation, he's sure not talking to me but the book of Revelation does apply to us if we use it right... John audience was fist century Christian going through intense persecution, that we cannot even comprehend... Our trials and tribulation are nothing compared to theirs... When we go through our trials and tribulation John tells us there is only one place to look... Look to the risen Christ, he is our only sanctuary... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 3
  14. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is your point?

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–17)

17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    These verses explicitly define the 1 God as 3 persons. Unless you have blinders on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you trying to say? I already stated that I have a Ladd book on the Second Advent and I linked Canadian preacher Oswald Smith from 90 years ago so explain what you are trying to prove.

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have to explain how there can be such a time period between the 2 resurretions, and the solution is that there is one for the saved, and later on just for the lost!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the term used is "caught up/snatched away"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.