1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Regeneration before faith can it be proven?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MB, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really need to learn what context is. Another cherry-picked verse out of context.

Of course it makes a difference.

What mature person debates with "hehehehehe"?

So there were not individuals chosen out of Israel in chapter 11? Good luck arguing that point.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really?
    Jacob, the individual, wasn't chosen? Only a future nation was chosen?
    I would argue that the entire story of Jacob in Genesis is about a wicked child whom God graciously chose, despite his wickedness.
    Certainly a nation comes from Jacobs lineage and specifically, a promised Redeemer comes from Jacob's lineage, which establishes an eternal Kingdom. But, Jacob is most certainly chosen as an individual as well.
    Why are you so bent on trying to run around this truth? Is it because you refuse to give up the theology you have created?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    He, doesn't know what he is talking about, as usual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You like David are ignorant of the scriptures. You read in to it what it does not support.
    This is not individual.
    Gen 25:21 And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
    Gen 25:22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.
    Gen 25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
    Gen 25:24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
    Gen 25:25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.
    Gen 25:26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.
    No where here is this choosing individual. Nor in romans 9 is it ever shown as individual Show me what makes you think this is individual? The embolded above makes it cooperate. This is settled you and David have lost.
    MB

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you do hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    MB

6. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    You desire to have two "nations" being born, as though two literal nations came out of Rebecca's womb. Are you incapable of recognizing the foretelling of God in the individual children who, at birth, were not nations, but were individual humans?
    Notice, after the birth, scripture says "When the boys grew up..." It doesn't say "When the nation's grew up..."
    Notice as well, in your quote, it says "two people's from within you shall be divided." Those two people are the person's of Esau and Jacob.
    No matter how you slice it, Jacob is chosen and Esau is rejected.
    I can see you will die holding onto your image. I will let you go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God told Rebecca there were two nations in her womb.
    Gen 25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
    What really get's me is you take at your convenience what you want to believe. You believe we were all in Adam when Adam sinned, but you willnot accept that all Israel was in Jacob..when God chose unto Him Self a people. This choosing was not unto Salvation as you claim it is for you.

What can I say you can't pull the wool over my eyes. My faith will never waver. Did you really think you could change my mind and beliefs with your nonsense Calvinism? There simply is no such thing as individual election.
    MB

8. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes

9. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trust me, I am not ignorant of the Scriptures. However, you show you can't even engage in basic Bible study much less advanced theology.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #110 Jerome, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  11. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't you compare your self with someone else?
    Bible study is held in my home. Advanced theology you wouldn't even know where to begin. What can I say your a Calvinist and ignorant of the scriptures. You claim your not a Calvinist yet you hold to all the doctrines of Calvinism. This is dishonesty. You obviously don't want the baggage of Calvin hanging around neck. All most, all Calvinist see them selves as advanced theologians. Believe me you are not advanced. You want people to think you know what you are talking about but you don't and it is obvious. Your comments are always worthless.
    MB

13. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Why was Jacob the chosen one and therefore, a nation, through Jacob?

Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,
    Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;

Who was the end result of all that begetting?

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. ----------------------------

• Like Like x 1
  14. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    All elect are heirs of the promise. This has been true from Adam and Eve and onward. God has always saved by graciously choosing his sheep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have two degrees that would indicate otherwise.

16. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder how many degrees Peter had?

17. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    He had the ultimate degree from the ultimate professor.

18. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    As does any adopted child of the King.

19. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. We did not physically sit under the teaching of Christ Himself. It is not the same thing.

20. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    david, there is a tendency today to imagine a degree from an accredited institution makes one a deeper theologian. This isn't true. It makes that person better read in theology books and just well read enough to think he is smart. But, the best theologians I have met are those who have allowed God's word to sink deep when the storm and waves crash in.
    I'll take an illiterate man of faith who has fought the good fight over a highly trained man who has never had to battle in the storm.