1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Regeneration happens at the same time as saving faith is given,

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Iconoclast, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An anecdote...

When I was a boy I was invited by a classmate to a bible club where I heard the gospel for the first time. A few years later I attended Vacation Bible School at the church across the street from my house. It was not until I was 17 years old that I came to faith in Christ. From a young age, God was arranging the circumstances that eventually lead to me believing the gospel message. However, I was not regenerated prior to my actual conversion.

• Like Like x 3
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "...The “we” occurs again in our Lord’s reply in John 3:11, and it may be that both find their true explanation in the fact that this interview took place in the house, and in the presence of John, who had led Nicodemus to come, as he himself had gone, with doubting heart, to the place where Jesus was dwelling (John 1:38)….."

John 3:2 Commentaries: this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Hello Kyred,

I believe what I do, however, I see and agree with much you say on this issue at the same time.
    I was challenged by a Presbyterian elder who I respect a lot.
    I had recounted how God effectually drew me to salvation saying the time came where I asked God to have mercy on me. I said I believed it was that time, reading a bible alone in my house that I believed God quickened me to life.
    He said had I considered it was not until I began to seek a local church that God saved me because he works through local churches.

I had not considered that as possible as I was severely convicted of my guilt over my sin. Looking back it is known by God.
    It is not like we stand around with a stopwatch and declare when the Spirit works, but there is a moment in time when the Spirit brings someone from death to life.

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, I'm well aware of the extreme fruit inspector that you are. And, 'I believe' what I do, also. Once again: Total Depravity vs Free Will

5. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Wow, cool.

There is Meat here, to be had.

Regeneration happens at the same time as saving faith is given.

Then, to continue into a specific...

.... 'thinking' about the Reality of Regeneration and Saving Faith, we can narrow in on one or the other 'happening' first, from the standpoint of logic.

An overhead light comes on, at 'the same time' we flick the wallswitch.......

Ah, hah!

So, in that sense, of course, there was a walls witch flicked, prior to the light coming on.

Get you stopwatch ready.

Electricity goes? About 1/100 The Speed of Light.

Anyway, we get it.

Spiritually, God Flicks the Switch.

'Then', an individual lost soul that had been dead, IS REGENERATED TO NEW LIFE & LIGHT!!

... AND...... Has Faith!!!!

I'm not splitting hairs, I agree
    Regeneration happens at the same time as saving faith is given.

The Divine and human sides have that logical distinction, in order, but it is God Still Giving the Faith, absolutely.

Same time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God grants to His elect the regeneration and the faith required to trust in Jesus to save them, as part of the entire salvation package so to speak!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation is the gift and faith comes by hearing.
    Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
    Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
    Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
    Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
    Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
    Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    Rom_10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
    MB

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This false doctrine, regeneration before faith (hidden as here by simultaneous action camouflage, is posted again and again. Regeneration is just another name for spiritual rebirth, or being born anew. Where does this occur? In Christ after God puts us in Christ. How are we chosen to be put in Christ. Through faith or based on God crediting our faith as righteousness.

No need to two pages of screed, copy and pasted from bogus arguments refuted again and again.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ABBRACADABRA!! SHAZAAM!! PRESTO CHANGO!! IMMORTALITY GRANTED!! Like a lightning bolt from a clear sky.

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually this is truth according to my view of 'regeneration'. Only the 'heavenly born' will ever be 'regenerated', i.e. converted from lost sheep to saved sheep, brought home to the kingdom of His dear Son, the rebuilt house of David, the Church of Christ, the restoration of all things, the New Covenant, the Israel of God.

#30 kyredneck, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So this why your condition is so serious. hhehehehehehehehehehehehhe :Roflmao:Biggrin
    MB

12. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sin?

13. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist

'saved' from Eternity Past?

The election of grace?

14. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the most horrifying comments and responses I've ever seen.

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...no comprendo...

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever my condition it's far better than the utter hatred of Sovereign Grace that YOU are consumed with.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This false doctrine, regeneration before faith (hidden as here by simultaneous action camouflage, is posted again and again. Regeneration is just another name for spiritual rebirth, or being born anew as a new creature.. Where does this occur? In Christ after God puts us in Christ. How are we chosen to be put in Christ. Through faith or based on God crediting our faith as righteousness. We start out spiritually dead, separated from God, but are made alive (regenerated) together with Christ.

No need to two pages of screed, copy and pasted from bogus arguments refuted again and again.

Rom 6:11
    Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

1Co 15:22
    For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.

2Co 5:17

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

18. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist

The administration had been searching for a Testimony from an individual who professed to Elect themself to Eternal Salvation and I declined to disclose any references to them, as we are asked to not make accusations of people being 'lost', for which that would be a Testimony, provided it is in keeping with what they are saying.

So, they might want to search here.

"This false doctrine, regeneration before faith"

Faith is said to take place before Regeneration.

God is said to choose a soul and put them in Christ, based on God crediting our faith.

"Regeneration is just another name for spiritual rebirth, or being born anew as a new creature.. Where does this occur? In Christ after God puts us in Christ. How are we chosen to be put in Christ. Through faith or based on God crediting our faith as righteousness."

Before having faith or being chosen and put in Christ based on God crediting our faith as righteousness,

"we start out spiritually dead,

" We start out spiritually dead, separated from God,"
    (then 2 thru 5, below)" but are made alive (regenerated) together with Christ."

1.) "we start out spiritually dead,"
    2.) but then we have faith,
    3.) Then, based on God crediting our faith as righteousness,
    4.) God chooses us
    5.) To then be put in Christ.
    6.) when Regeneration is just another name for spiritual rebirth, or being born anew as a new creature..
    ... which is but are made alive (regenerated) together with Christ.

So, how would one be said to chose theirself to Eternal Salvation?

They have faith
    that God credits as righteousness,
    in order to permit God to choose them.

Note: warning...

Every word, thought, premise, lemrick, official narrative, and 'Divine Decree', are subject to change, however, as 'The Word of The Lord Comes' to Van.

19. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You mean this kind of fruit?
    Matthew 3:8
    Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
    I
    Matthew 7:16
    Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Matthew 7:20
    Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"Regeneration happens at the same time as saving faith is given

If you guys were sincere you simply would have given us your testimony having first hand experienced it and simply say Yes it did or no it didn't.