1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Regeneration vs Conversion

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by pinoybaptist, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

Not at all, man's nature is far from spiritual but instead man's nature is carnal. Carnal man cannot freely chose something he is not. Salvation is a spiritual experience. carnal man is dead spiritual... dead in trustpasses and sin. His nature is the sin nature.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is why God regenerates us to be enabled to receive Jesus and be saved!

3. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

True. but he is not calling all men now.
    1 Timothy 2:6 (KJV) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and TO ALL THAT ARE AFAR OFF, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." (Acts 2:39).

1 Corinthians 15:22-24
    22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    23But every man in his own

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He never was drawing all people to jesus, was he?

5. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

"And 1, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw A-L-L M-E-N unto Me" (Jn. 12:32). He was lifted up. It’s called Calvary.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those whom the father draw will be the saved of His, so don't think all sinners are drawn to Him, are they?

7. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

Why would God not call all men? He is not a respecter of person?

In His timing.
    1 Corinthians 15:22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has His mercy on whom he desires, as His is not under any complusion to sdave any of us!

9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some don't understand how Amazing their Grace is!...:Whistling... Brother Glen

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You tell me.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Rom 8:9

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. John 16:7

Did something absolutely, have to take place, in order for you to receive the Holy Spirit? ----- What?

Unless something absolutely takes place the promise of the Holy Spirit will not be shed forth.
    Luke 23:46 YLT and having cried with a loud voice, Jesus said, 'Father, to Thy hands I commit my spirit;' and these things having said, he breathed forth the spirit. ----- Jesus died, was dead.

Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: Whom God (the Father Gal. 1:1) hath raised up, (3 days and 3 nights later Matt 12:40) having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. Acts 2:23,24 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. V 33

Once again John 16:7; Something absolutely had to take place in order for the Holy Spirit to be received.

Galatians 3:14 YLT that to the nations the blessing of Abraham may come in Christ Jesus, that the promise of the Spirit we may receive through the faith.

Now the question is; What is, "the faith," by which the promise of the Holy Spirit, could be received, "through Jesus Christ"?

"The faith," that is later spoken of, in this same chapter, as before coming and after having come.

What faith have you heard of in this post by which you can receive the Spirit? V 2

Jesus, commended his spirit, his life, into the hands of the Father, gave his life, shed his life's blood, and three days and three nights later the Father raised him from the dead, and gave him, Jesus, the promise of the Holy Spirit. AND after that the Spirit was shed forth.

BTW Titus 3:5,6 says the exact same thing.

Jesus died, rose again and received the Spirit AND then shed forth that Spirit, abundantly, through Jesus.

I believe regeneration and conversion will be the same.

11. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

So Jesus blood is weaker than the sin of Adam? [Personal attack edited]

#31 Benoni, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  12. Rlee

Rlee Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. I guess what I was trying to ask is do you believe everything to be predetermined? That man has absolutely no will of his own? That he must do what God has predestined him to do?

13. Rlee

Rlee Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I'm not sure how that addresses what I asked. The crux of my question was to establish Benoni's stance on whether someone is basically a robot because he can't act, choose, or otherwise operate without God pushing the buttons(I don't like this analogy), or is there some kind of ability, call it will or what have you, that can be utilized to make decisions and live their life by those decisions. Does Ben hold to an alternative description?

14. Rlee

Rlee Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you see God's hatred of one and love of the other regarding Jacob and Isaac to be an isolated or particular incident?

#34 Rlee, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that paul addressed that in Romans regarding the predestination of the elect of God!

16. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

Have not given this a lot of thought.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but it is not the determined Will of God that all get saved, is it?

18. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

Sure. But in the end God is love. Did not god create the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. All part of his plan.

19. Benoni

Benoni Member
    Site Supporter

Sure it has. There all kinds of verses supporting this fact.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that that is the determined will of God, then all are saved, and yet Jesus Himself stated that more will be lost than saved!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.