1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rick Warren-What is the King's Way Document?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would christians be together working with those following a false god/prophet/religion though? ANY examples in Bible supporting doing that?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, because they are our neighbor. I'd go ahead and help my Muslim neighbor cut down the tree in our elderly neighbor's yard. Would that be a bad idea?

I do recall something about the Good Samaritan being an example of good....

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I've been looking for one and have yet to find a place where God calls HIS people to work "together" with that which is against Him.

We're supposed to be peculiar and a SET APART people. So why would we do something that gives the impression that our reason for doing what we do is no different from why that which is against Him does it?

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There is a difference between lovingly HELPING your neighbor and partnering with him.

Jesus was the Good Samaritan. He HELPED a man. He didn't partner with him.

Why would the GODLY need the unGodly to partner with it to do ministry???

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

From what I've seen in the links, these are different things that you are comparing. One is two men who got together to study the Bible. One is a Muslim and one is a Christian. It wasn't an "event" but instead a study between two men.

Then there is a greater thing of ministering to Muslims. One might have been an offshoot of the other but they are not one in the same.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not when we are both cutting down the same tree.

Oh! I didn't realize that the Good Samaritan was Jesus!! He never told us that part of the story.

Not ministry but social work maybe. Again, we apparently partner with the Catholic church in supporting a crisis pregnancy center that WE started but is now it's own organization. I guess those mothers with unplanned pregnancies need to choose sides, huh?

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Annsni, the picture of them shows that this was a little bit more than just a Bible study.

And if you're not attempting to "evangelize" them either by an agreement known or unknown to RW, what are you studying the Bible with them for? Just to find points of agreement when God's word says you have nothing in common?

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

But all that says is that we're not acknowledging God in everything that we do. It's like someone saying he is a fiscally conservative liberal. He's conservative when it comes to money, but liberal when it comes to social issues.

Why are you PARTNERING with the Catholic Church in support of the crisis pregnancy center? Do you believe the same things as the Catholic Church? Did you need their assistance with something? How is GOD glorified by you partnering with that which HE says to not partner?

They need to choose sides anyhow so why not start with this?

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    catholic Church at least names Jesus as the Lord, do Muslims??

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

My Bible says "do not be unequally yoked together", implying a relationship where one entity wants to go in one direction and another wants to go a different path, but they are yoked or bound together, and will not achieve their end goals.

If I take a bus ride with Baptists and Catholics to a pro-life rally for an afternoon am I being "unequally yoked together" with them?

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The Mormons name Jesus as Lord too. The key is that you refer to Jesus as who HE says He is otherwise it means the same as the what the Muslims say.:thumbsup:

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The IMPLICATION is of what your Bible says AFTER it says "unequally yoked together".

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 2 Cor. 6:14-15

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    thats my main point on this, in that Muslims would be in same boat spiritually as Mormon/JW to work in partnership with... False god with false prophets!

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AMEN!!!:applause::applause::applause:

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It was an individual Bible study. My husband is doing one of those with a young man who started coming to our church who is not saved yet. Yes, the goal is evangelizing - to show them the Word of God. Do you know that this man who is meeting with the Muslim isn't showing him how different the Biblical God is from his god?

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Who says that we're not acknowledging God in everything we do?

Yes, we partner with the Catholic church. They support the CPC. So do we. Thus, when you look at the CPC's paperwork, we are both listed there. God is glorified in the fact that babies are saved and the women are being given the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The woman who runs the center is a believer - and each one before her was too. But the Catholic church also supports it as well.

17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I take a bus ride with Baptists and Catholics to a pro-life rally for an afternoon am I being "unequally yoked together" with them?

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I may be wrong, but this doesn't look like an individual Bible study.

Not unless he's lying as they have stated that the purpose is to show the SIMILARITIES between the faiths.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

SO you guys are acknowledging God and what HE says and still choosing to do something else?[​IMG]

Even though God says to not be unequally yoked?

Your church started it. For what reason did you need to partner with the Catholic Church?

And I go right back to 1 Samuel 15:22 Obedience is better than sacrifice. God receives NO glory when we disobey Him in order to accomplish that which we perceive to be a noble cause.

Those are the things that will burn as the chaff as they were not done for God but for self. Self ALWAYS disobeys God to accomplish its end desire.

And that's all well and dandy. But I ask again, for what reason does the Body of Believers have to partner with the Catholic Church? Were you not capable of adequately doing the work yourselves?

Because this makes it look as though your Church and the Catholic Church have the same beliefs.

Do the Catholics "spiritually minister" to these ladies?

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Are you partnering with them at the pro-life rally as a Christian?