1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rick Warren-What is the King's Way Document?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Dec 11, 2012.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Absoluely it matters. First, if its a forgery, it doesn't matter? Second, if it was at a worship service, I have problems. Third, if it was during a secular meeting, it doesn't matter.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So I should tell any Muslim - "I can't tell you about the Gospel because you're going to talk to me"?

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And what reason would you have to think it's a forgery? Hasn't RW already confirmed that this did take place but it was a small group thing?

It was at the dinner portion of the "get together".

Why not? A man of God gets up with a Muslim and starts making it look as though there's an alliance between God's people and those who are against Him and it doesn't matter?

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I might suggest that you find out a little bit more about Muslims before you attempt to tell them about the Gospel because with a true Islam adherent, if you open the door a crack, he will clean your clock when you thought you were just going to talk to him.

But you as a woman would have to do that with the women any how.Let me just say, if your intent is to just invite them to your house and dialog back and forth with them, it won't happen. You start to talk about the Jesus of the Bible and they are gonna start teaching YOU about the Isa(Jesus) of the qur'an.

Real Muslims aren't gonna let you just "teach" over them let alone come into your house.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've read a lot of mistruth concerning Warren. This doesn't look like a small group home study.

how do you know this? What "get together"?

concerning it appeared to the pharisees Jesus did likewise, I'll reserve judgement and give the benefit of the doubt to Saddleback's elders.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The Kings Way document came out of the small group study. Supposedly, and I stress supposedly,it was introduced at Saddleback and culminated in this dinner of about 300 Muslims and Saddleback members.

http://standupforthetruth.com/2012/02/rick-warren-builds-bridge-to-muslims/

It's been mentioned in several of the King's way stories and I believe in the above link.

That was god witnessing God. This is a church doing something THAT GOD said to NOT do.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

the above link is the very thing RW refuted in the link I provided...yet you believe it?

For arguments sake, even if your link is true...where are we told to not have dinner with the lost? If the pic is true...why couldn't it have been 2 people in a small group explaining how they arrived at their kings way ideas?

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He didn't refute that the dinner in question happened. The document was presented at the dinner.

Who said to not have dinner with the lost? It's when you start discussing stuff that makes it look like you have common ground that things need to stop as Scripture points out there is nothing in common.

9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

10. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

This is a good example of "What does this Scripture mean to you?" instead of what does this Scripture say. I always take as a red flag when someone ask what does this scripture mean to you.

11. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Nothing in common? How about the fact that all mankind is created in the image of God, and in need of redemption. How shall they hear? If we simply refuse to share the Gospel because they are committed to a false understanding of YHWH, is that how we are to conduct ourselves?

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By Being There...

...it shows that the two are [could be] one. Sure, we may not know what he said, but they say "A picture is worth a 1,000 words!"

I'm sorry, but, I'd not allow this in a church I was called to lead.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"

Yep - we have nothing in common.

14. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Annsni.

What? Why are you trying to change the subject?

Nobody...NOBODY...is disputing that we all sin.

That has nothing to do with the issue....

The Issue: Should a Christian ministry, that is of the Light...yoke themslves in partnership with a demonic ministry that is of satan..as Rick Warran advocates

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Thanks you.:applause:

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What has jesus to do with satan?