1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Romans 4:5

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Marooncat79, Jul 10, 2020.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God gave every man a measure of faith. Live men do not create Faith either. Romans 12:3,-2nd Cor 10:15, Eph 4:13.
    MB

2. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An individual's soul would have to be Enabled by The Holy Spirit of God to CONSIDER the POSSIBILITY that God DID NOT give every man a measure of faith, by having their soul Placed Under The Teaching of The Eternal Word of God, which includes the following, in bold, in this passage:

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. (i.e., every man that is among you )

Otherwise, "God gave every man a measure of faith" is a purely Extra-Biblical
    error and heresy, Abominable to The Triune Godhead, which must first dismiss, ignore, and abandon The Bible, as Recorded.

3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every person whom God has made alive with Christ will have faith. Each of your Bible references is speaking to people who have been made alive with Christ. None of those verses are addressing pagans and people who are dead in trespasses and sins.
    Faith is entirely a gift from God, not from ourselves, therefore we cannot boast.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not what it clearly says. Who ever thought that Gross would write scripture. one thing for sure is adding to it will send your soul where it doesn't want to go.
    MB

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only in your wild imagination. Like Gross you interpret scripture to suit your self. Changing scripture can send a man to hell.
    MB

6. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? I imagine that God gives the gift of faith...even though God tells me he gives me the gift of faith? And you imagine I am suiting scripture to suit myself when I preach all God, while you preach mostly man, with God assisting?
    I can't make up how ludicrous you sound.

7. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    "God gave every man a measure of faith" is a purely Extra-Biblical.

Your flesh is authoring an Extra-Biblical, Anti-Christ Publication.

8. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith is never called a Gift in the Bible.This is more of the Calvinist imagination. The Gift is Salvation. Every man has the ability to believe. Salvation being a gift means we can either accept it or reject it. It is no longer a Gift if it's forced on us.
    MB

10. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three verses in the Bible show you are wrong. You have been wrong in just about everything you place on the board.
    MB

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On and on the Calvinists post absolute nonsense concerning scripture. "Measure of faith" refers to our own little area of ministry withing the "faith" i.e. the ministry of Christ.

And they compound their error with the constant use of ad hominems,

I must agree with MB, the Calvinists are wrong, wrong, wrong. :)

12. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist

An individual's soul would have to be Enabled by The Holy Spirit of God to CONSIDER the POSSIBILITY that God hid these things from the wise and prudent and simply allows the wise and prudent to carry on writing man-made philosophies that never match up or fit God's Revelation to mankind that The Spirit of God Reveals unto babes.

The philosophies make up a man-made Extra-Biblical bunch of little sayings that have never been brought before God in Worship and Prayer and Fasting.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, and The Eternal Word of God Teach exactly the opposite and in so doing, bring Glory to God.

The talk would stop, like it Will One Day.

The Extra-Biblical writings 'glorify' man, however, those little talking points have to A.) Dismiss The Triune Godhead and The Bible, first, B.) have God Worshipping man, second.

Not in The Book.

Only in the flesh.

13. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO ONE HAS BEEN TAUGHT THE STUFF OF BIBLE DOCTRINE WITHOUT BOWING TO THE PLAIN STRAIGHTFORWARD TEACHING OF TOTAL DEPRAVITY.

NO ONE.

The 'Objection' to the various 'Objections' of The Covenant of Grace is, "You don't grasp the concept of Total Depravity and, in fact, you fight it will all the anger you can generate AGAINST Total Depravity Taught all through THE BIBLE AND GOD, including calling God's Teachings by a man's name.

The 'Rejection' of the many 'Rejections' of The Covenant of Grace is, "You don't grasp the concept of Total Depravity and, in fact, you fight it will all the anger you can generate AGAINST Total Depravity Taught all through THE BIBLE AND GOD, including calling God's Teachings by a man's name.

The 'Answer' to the "Bright Extra-Biblical ideas" that oppose The Covenant of Grace is, "You don't grasp the concept of Total Depravity and, in fact, you fight it will all the anger you can generate AGAINST Total Depravity Taught all through THE BIBLE AND GOD, including calling God's Teachings by a man's name.

Nothing in Christianity about writing Extra-Biblical blaspheme.

Stick to The Book, for once.

Job 14:4 - Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? Not one.

Aben Ezra observes, that the sense of these words is the same with Psalm 2:5, and the meaning of them is, who can bring one that is pure, batasd rbg !n !ybwxk, from a man defiled with sins? as the Targum paraphrases them; none but God can do this; of which there never was but one instance, the man Christ Jesus, who not descending, from Adam by ordinary generation, was not polluted with sin. Now Job makes mention of the corruption of nature, as the source of all the sorrows and frailty of man in general (vv. 1, 2), and as matter of humiliation to himself, and as a reason why he could not bear the strict judgment of God, but must humbly plead for his grace and mercy, (v. 3).

Psalm 51:5 - Behold, I was shapen in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. - [with Psalm 58:3 and Isaiah 48:8]

David, having committed some very great sins, and being made sensible of them, ingeniously confesses them, and mourns over the depravity of his nature, the fountain of them; which he mentions not as an extenuation, but as an aggravation, of his iniquities, since he had been so early and so long a sinful creature. The sin and iniquity he speaks of he does not call his sin, and his iniquity, though it was so, being in his nature, but sin and iniquity, being common to him with all mankind, and which attended his conception and formation in the womb, before he was born, and so before he had committed any actual transgression; and, therefore, cannot design any thing else but the original corruption of his nature.

Genesis 6:5 - And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth; and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. -

This text represents not only the heart of man in general to be evil, but the thoughts of his heart; not only these, but the imagination r[y, the substratum of thought, the very first motion to it, and the formation of it; yea, every imagination, or formation, and that only so, nothing good in it, nay always, ~why lk, every day; and so is a considerable proof of the general and original corruption of human nature.

John 3:6 - That which is born of the flesh is flesh.

- These words are expressed by Christ to show that men, by their natural birth, are carnal, and stand in need of regeneration, In order to entrance into the kingdom of God; and the meaning of them is, that that which is born in a natural way, is not only corporeal, but corrupt and sinful; so the word flesh is often used (see Gen. 6:3; Rom. 8:1,5-8, Gal. 5:17,19). Hence man in his natural estate, can do nothing but what is carnal and sinful; and is wholly incapable of doing that which is spiritually good, until he is born of the Spirit.

Romans 7:18-19 - For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing, for to will is present with me, but how to perform that which is good, I find not. For the good that I would, I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. -

From these words the following things may be fairly concluded, namely, If no good thing dwells in a regenerate man, that is, in his flesh, much less in an unregenerate one, who is wholly flesh, carnal, and corrupt; and if in a renewed man, where there is a will, there is not a power to do that which is spiritually good, much less able is an unrenewed man to do that which is so, who has neither power nor will; and if such is the strength of corrupt nature in one that is born again, as often to hinder him from doing that good he would, and to put him on doing that evil he would not, how much greater must its strength be in unsanctified persons? These conclusions will appear to be just, if it is but allowed, that the apostle is here speaking of himself, and of himself as regenerate.

Romans 8:7-8 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be; so then, they that are in the flesh cannot please God. - The carnal mind, or to, fro,nhma th/j sarko.j, which may be rendered the wisdom of the flesh, signifies the wisest and best part of man, the soul, with all its powers and faculties; and this being carnal is a strong proof of the wretched corruption of human nature. Besides, this carnal mind is not only an enemy to, but enmity itself against that God who made it, upholds it in life, and loads it with benefits; and therefore is not subject to the law of God, which is holy, just, and good; nor indeed can it be, considering its state and circumstances, without the powerful and efficacious grace of God; wherefore the apostle’s conclusion is exceeding just, so lien they that are in the flesh, that is, in an unregenerate state, and are wholly carnal and corrupt, cannot please God; that is, do those things which are pleasing to him.

The entire Body of Divine and Practical Doctrine that GIVES GLORY to The Son of God, for Rescuing the perishing, since the fall of Adam MUST BE ABANDONED and replaced with, "God Worships individuals".

That is NOT in the Bible.

Arminian/ Free willismers Do Not Worship God, as you will ALWAYS SEE IN THEIR EXTRA-BIBLICAL WRITINGS...WHICH ELIMINATE AND EXCLUDE THE GLORY of JESUS CHRIST in The Redemption of souls....,

or The Glory Jesus Gives God The Father, by Delivering The Kingdom to Him...

AND GOD DOES NOT WORSHIP THEM.

The prospect that Armenians DO NOT PLACE THEIR SOUL UNDER THE CONSIDERATION of GOD'S ETERNAL WORDS is DEMONIC.

Why the Block? Is it God Blocking? Blocking the wise and prudent? Does He Allow the Devil to blind their eyes?

IS IT POSSIBLE??? for them to Bow to God and Gain a God-honoring perspective that Pleases God?

Or are they
    alienated from even 'thinking about' Honoring God, with their sin-cursed reasoning.

For it is God which worketh in you, both to will and to do of his good pleasure. -

..... if ever.......

Philippians 2:13 [with Hebrews 12:21] From these passages it appears, that the work of grace is the work of God only, which he produces by an irresistible and insuperable power, according to his sovereign will and pleasure; that there is no good thing in us, but what he works in us; and no good thing done by us, but what is owing to his efficacious grace; the will and power to do anything spiritually good are both from him, for man, in his fallen state, has neither of himself. Now, "that God doth this is not denied: the question is, whether he doth it by a physical operation, unfrustrable by the will of man, or by internal suasion, or inducements to prevail upon us thus to will and do; and that he doth this only in this latter sense

14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ephesians 2 doesn't call salvation a gift.
    We see God choosing to make a dead in trespasses and sins person...alive with Christ.
    We see Paul saying that we, by God's gracious favor, are saved. That this gracious salvation is through faith, and that is a gift of God so that no one can boast. It is all there in Ephesians 2:1-9. Yet, here you are arguing against scripture.
    Now tell me how a dead in trespasses and sins person is made alive without God making them alive. Explain how you imagine this happens without God choosing to do the work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For Gentiles like me there is no inability.
    Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
    Calvinist take the blindness of the Jew and apply it to Gentiles.
    MB

16. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolute nonsense.
    MB

17. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The book of Ephesians is written to Jews at the synagogue in Ephesus. You are not the elect of God.LOL
    MB

18. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist

An individual's soul would have to be Enabled by The Holy Spirit of God to CONSIDER the POSSIBILITY that God hid these things from the wise and prudent and simply allows the wise and prudent to carry on writing man-made philosophies that never match up or fit God's Revelation to mankind that The Spirit of God Reveals unto babes.

To add an Extra-Biblical philosophy to an Abominable collection of writings and say that all Gentiles had Salvation Emparted to their soul is carnal flesh.

To say God's Teachings are a collection of writings by a man is also abominable.

19. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist

An individual's soul would have to be Enabled by The Holy Spirit of God to CONSIDER the POSSIBILITY that the objection of "absolute nonsense" is absolute non-sense and that God hid these things from the wise and prudent and simply allows the wise and prudent to carry on writing man-made philosophies that never match up or fit God's Revelation to mankind that The Spirit of God Reveals unto babes.

20. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, You would marginalize the entire Bible to keep your misguided views.

• Winner Winner x 1