1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romney Defends Shift on Issues

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 22, 2006.

1. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

You would not have reservations about if a Muslim POTUS could fight a war against Muslim countries as may be needed. You would not worry about what would happen with our allie Israel.

2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I dont think Mitt is any more conservative then Guiliani or McCain. I think (my opinion) that his change of mind, was to conveinent and a move to get him elected.

Newt is the best canadate.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then, in the future you should state that you think that he will consult with some Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints gurus before deciding on public policy. Because that's all ya have - thoughts.

The reader should weigh what he should trust - a poster's thoughts or the actual actions by a governor over four years.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you read what I wrote:

"If I thought he/she would make a better president than the other folks on the ballot - yes."

Obviously, if I didn't think that any candidate would not protect the United States, then I would not vote for him/her. Also, if I didn't think that a candidate would work well with our allies, then I would not vote for him/her.

But my opposition would be based on politics, not religious bigotry.

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

And you state the You think he will not. I have alread shown you where he has consulted about even IF he should run or not.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then, I encourage you to beat the drums for Newt as your candidate.

You have a problem with Mitt's religion.

I have a problem with Newt's personal morals.

Let's duke it out in the primaries and caucuses. It will be a blast. :)

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I have proof that did not do so during this four years as governor. I am sure if he had done such a thing that your allies on the fundamentalist right in the GOP would have broadcast it to the heavens by now.

His consultation was concerning the attention that his run for the presidency would bring to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, not about public policy. And you should know that.

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Where is your PROOF that you are demanding of me.

What if the person had been the gov of a state and did not have any problems with his religion. But you know being POTUS gives you a lot more power then being gov of a state.

Govs do not make foreign policy. So you would have no proof about what the man would do with Israel. You would only have opinion it would come down to if you trust him.

9. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Vote Newt :wavey: :thumbs:

10. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

He was getting permision to run. I know the LDS culture, born and raised.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Any governor worth his salt travels to many foreign countries to try to bring jobs from foreign businesses to his state and/or to increase his state's exports to foreign countries.

No serious presidential candidate can go through a campaign without being grilled about foreign policy.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did Mitt receive permission?

I contend that any such "permission" dealt with the spotlight that would be brought on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

13. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

He did receive permission, or he would not be running.

I have asked this before.
    If you believed that Gods prophet was on earth right now and spoke for God, would you not seek his advice, permission and councel on any and all important matters?

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, Mitt did not do as you charged concerned public policy during his four years as the governor of Massachusetts. If he had done so, we would have heard about it by now.

Therefore, your point is irrelevant when discussing Mitt's presidential run for 2008.

15. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

What makes you think that we would know what every phone call he makes is to and about.

How do we know he did not make a call to Salt Lake HQ.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If every decision had to be made through some Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints guru for four years it would be kind of hard to cover up, don't ya think? Wouldn't at least one phone call of what would have been thousands, if what you say is true, have been known about? The man does have political enemies in Massachusetts, ya know.

17. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

First of all I did not say "EVERY decision".

Beings we do not have any idea who he calls for all we know he calls HQ every Morn noon and night. WE just dont know, and we would not know if he did.

How, a phone tap?

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really not understand how cut throat politics generally is?

Goodness, just look at the smear campaign I see you engaging in and you're a Christian. Just imagine what non-Christians do in political warfare.

Just think how angry the pro-abortion crowd is at Mitt after he converted to being pro-life. If they had any proof that he did what you charge, I am quite certain they would have had it spread all over the newspapers in Massachusetts and beyond.

#38 KenH, Dec 22, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  19. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Oh, that is why polititions can't get away with anything and we know EVERYTHING they do all the time. I see.

I did not realize that speaking my opinion on an opinion board is a smear campain.

I have said several times that it is just my opinion that I do not trust the man.

20. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Stay here long enough and you will find that KenH wears many hats on many different occasions.

I guess he likes Romney so much because they both are known for changing their minds. However, I believe that KenH is honest and he simply sees things differently now, whereas, I feel that Romney is just another politician who will say or do anything they think will get them elected.