1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romney Defends Shift on Issues

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 22, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So has having George W. Bush, a Methodist, as president of the United States provided the Methodist Church with a surge in membership?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Provide one example of where Mitt Romney consulted some Mormon guru on a public policy issue. Or provide one of his father when he was the governor of Michigan.

Or say even if Mitt did consult some Mormon guru - how would that adversely affect any public policy issue? Outsourcing? Balancing the federal budget? Cutting the trade deficit? Saving Social Security? Saving Medicare? Fighting the war with al Qaeda? Stopping illegal immigration?

#82 KenH, Dec 26, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2006
  3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I never said having Romney as president would make the Mormon church grow.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

You aren't reading my posts. I never claimed he's consulted the Mormon leaders, and if he had, we wouldn't know it, Ken.

I said: He is accountable to them.

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Ken, what do you know about the Mormon faith? If someone is trusting in the Mormon Jesus, no, he/she is not saved. If they are trusting in the real biblical Jesus, then the person is not Mormon.

The Mormon Jesus is NOT the Jesus of the Bible.

Do you think this is the real Jesus?

Jesus is the spirit child of God (who was once a man and is one of only many gods) and his wife?

Jesus did not save us through atonement on the cross, that just allows us to work to be saved.

Jesus is the spirit brother of Lucifer.

Mormons deny the Trinity.

Or how about believing in many gods as the Mormons do? Or that you will become a god with your own planet if you are a good Mormon man?

So they don't even have the biblical God much less the biblical Jesus.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Marcia, but I just learned about the passing of former President Ford. In this time of national mourning I think we should cease political debate until after his funeral.

I am sure that we will have plenty of opportunity in the new year to debate this subject.

Let us all pray for President Ford's family and friends, and for our entire nation to be comforted during this time of loss. :tear:

7. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

They do not agree with this Evangelical Christian. Particularly on the issue of abortion that the LDS church says is ok if you get your bishops permision and under certain cercumstances.

That is because you dont understand how the LDS church works.

If you consider Mormons Chritians then you really dont understand the LDS church. Their Jesus is not the same, not even close to the Jesus we teach and the Bible teaches. And that is not just theology. Also they do not believe they are saved by faith in Jesus.

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ken that is the funniest thing I have heard in weeks. That is so so so untrue.

9. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Again Mormons do not believe they are saved by placing faith in Jesus. There teminology is different so they have a different definition of saved. So if you rephrase the word "saved" as "spend eternity in the presence of God" then they do not believe you gain that by faith. They have a list of things you need to do to gain that one being marrage in the temple and children sealed to you in the temple.

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

KenH, I hope you see that the Mormon Jesus is not the Biblical, historical Jesus. One of Joseph Smith's supposed revelations was that all Christian churches are in error. The Mormons believe that Christians lost the truth and so the Mormons were given that truth through Joseph Smith and their later "prophets." Even Hinckley admitted in an interview a few years ago that the Jesus they have is not the same as the Christian Jesus. Nor is their god (who is only one of many gods).

I hardly think that a cult/religion that teaches many gods, denies the Trinity, teaches that God has a body and was once a man, teaches that Jesus' atonement is not sufficient for the forgiveness of sins, that Jesus is the spirit brother of Satan, that Jesus was conceived in Mary by physical relations between God the Father and Mary, and other such heretical doctrines can be considered even close to Christianity.

So Romney as a temple Mormon subscribes to these beliefs and is subject to the Mormon authorities. They will use him as an advocate for their cause should he get elected.