1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Russell Moore Fast-Tracks SBC Racial Reconciliation Summit

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jerome, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I didn't convey that. YOU did.

Matt. 12:34

No need to. Your own words do.

Your flippant remark, which you appear to have tried to soften with an edit, is consistent with how many white people within the church try to dismiss what happened during slavery and the enduring impact it's had on the people of this nation, whether positive or negative.

It's steeped in a racial prejudice that says it couldn't possibly be what Blacks say it is because neither me nor any other white person currently alive have or had any slaves.

It's steeped in racial prejudice because you've attempted to marginalize the racial reconciliation that several in the SBC recognize needs to take place by giving the mote line about slavery when the article wasn't about slavery and who had slaves.

He's talking about what's going on right NOW. And you completely dismissed it and defaulted to slavery because that's the only race problem you and others seem to think black people talk about.

So you go ahead and think that black communities are gonna let you approach them, let alone talk to them to share the Gospel when white people like yourself continue to display this "yeah, yeah yeah we know yall are still mad about slavery get over it" act and summarily dismissing any other racial concerns that are being presented.

And as I said in another thread, one of the primary problems evident in race relations in this country is that black people keep trying to tell white people about their reality, and white people keep dismissing and marginalizing that reality, just as you did with what Russel Moore was saying.

So it may have died with Jesus, but you seem to be doing a pretty good job of digging up the old, decayed corpse and sitting it on your doorstep.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I may live in Alabama----but I want you to know that I have burned down the Uncle Tom's Cabin that use to reside in me but is now nothing but potash that you want so bad to resurrect!!!! Jesus tried to convey the truth of who He was to Judas----but Judas refused to listen and receive the truth-----I have tried to convey the truth of who I really am----but there seems to be some sort of Judas spirit that haunts the corridors of your spirit and that at times seems to act as your doorstep that prevents people like me from knocking and entering!! Again----I'm sorry you feel the way you do!!

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now you're going into defense mode and trying to act like you didn't say what you've already said.

If you burned the cabin down you'd have a better understanding of why Moore and others said what they did and you'd recognize that he didn't in that article ask anybody to apologize or repent for slavery.

I don't doubt who you say you are. I believe you truly believe what you say and try to live your life being that person.

But I'm also telling you what you SAID and that what you said in THIS thread does not match up with what you say you've done.

And it is this type of thing that people continue to do. If you continue to marginalize and dismiss without ever listening to what Blacks are saying, and in this instance to what Russel Moore said, then we'll continue to get more of the division that we currently have authored by GOD's people. And we, of all people , simply shouldn't be behaving like this.

Ain't no spirit in me except the Spirit of God. I love you because you are my Brother in Christ.

But my Brothers and Sisters in Christ have to be corrected if we're going to point people to Christ. You can't be dismissive of someone's reality and then think you get a platform with them to share the Gospel. Jesus never did that.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I guess what you're trying to say now is------if I don't line my size 10 1/2 boots behind Moore----that makes me a racist?? More power to Moore----but I seriously doubt that just because he says what he says---means he'll be dining at your table tonite everything being hunk dee door ee!!!

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you cannot do is make up a reality out of thin air to use as a political tool in order further an agenda and then give it the cover of Christianity. To misuse the name of Christ that way is blasphemous and you should be ashamed.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly and I could not have expressed them as well.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. I said what I intended to say. And you continue to make excuses for why you didn't listen.

He doesn't have any reason to be dining at my table. You may need to invite him to your house.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Same old same old. A bunch of white people who make it clear that much of the racial divide comes from the inability to listen.

Here go two more people talking about black people talking about slavery when the article had nothing to do with asking anyone to apologize or repent for slavery.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Given that blacks owned slaves just as whites did I will apologize when they do.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

**Personal attack deleted**

Absolutely embarrassing and disgusting that a Christian would make monopolizing to anyone about anything conditional upon the other person apologizing.

But yall think we don't have anything to repent of.

#30 Zaac, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes we know. If we do not buckle under or agree with being guilty of something we never did then we are racists. :BangHead:

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Says the man running around calling people racists.

13. OldRegular

I finally came to the conclusion that the only way to deal with Zaac's racism wrapped in his religiosity was to put him on the ignore list!

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps the way that Blacks need to start dealing with the religiosity and racism of the political right is to start putting yall on IGNORE.:thumbsup:

15. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:sleep::sleep:

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is now a "political" discussion and drifting quickly toward closing. Deal with the ISSUE not calling each other names like petulant school-kids. :(

18. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SBC should sit down and shut up.

19. OldRegular

I am of the same opinion. they came out with an apology of sorts some years back. That should be sufficient.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The SBC better keep talking and pointing the unrepentant toward repentance. Those who don't want to repent can become Independent.