1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Russia - Ukraine war

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Reynolds, Feb 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alright Mr. Hannity ;)

2. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

3. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ukrainian parliament member Kira Rudik said the quiet part out loud when she joined Fox News on Sunday to provide an update about the ongoing advance on Kyiv by Russian forces.

During the interview, Rudik detailed the efforts Ukrainians are making to defend against Putin’s invasion, highlighting how countless civilians have “taken up arms” and are standing at the ready – including herself.

The people are “ready to fight” for their country, she explained.

However, there’s something else they are fighting for. According to Rudik, the Ukrainian people are also laying their lives on the line for the democracy of the “New World Order.”

In response to the host asking if she was “surprised” to see Ukrainians displaying such strong will to fight back against Russia, Rudik explained:

“I’m not surprised. We have been fighting Putin for the last 8 years and we had three other revolutions in our country when we did not agree with what was going on with the direction we were moving in.

But right now it’s a critical time because we know that we not only fight for Ukraine, [but] we fight for this New World Order for the democratic countries. We [know] that we are the shield for the Euro. We [know] that we are protecting not only Ukraine, [but] we are protecting like all the other countries that would be next if we failed. That’s why we just cannot fail.”

Ukraine has long been used by Biden and other Global elitists like Klaus Schwab and George Soros as a hub to run their corrupt dealings through, so it’s no surprise to see Ukraine’s elected officials publicly pledging their allegiance to leftist ‘democracy’ by using language like “New World Order.”

However, Rudik letting the cat out of the bag does make the scenes showing Ukrainian security forces frantically burning documents that much more interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't read too much into the words "New World Order"

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not equate being smart akin to praise at all. You are barking up the wrong tree on that one. We still can survive without Russia. We can still be energy independent from Russia. We have options while Putin is eliminating them for himself. Where exactly did Putin have “us” where he wanted us? In no world did he have us where he wanted us. He on the other hand is going to struggle a lot more than us on this deal.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not equate being smart akin to praise at all. You are barking up the wrong tree on that one. We still can survive without Russia. We can still be energy independent from Russia. We have options while Putin is eliminating them for himself. Where exactly did Putin have “us” where he wanted us? In no world did he have us where he wanted us. He on the other hand is going to struggle a lot more than us on this deal.

7. Campion

Campion Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Please tell me what to think, literally.

8. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea what Hannity says. Quit watching him when he caved on the vax.

9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump royally screwed up on Covid.
    Trump respecting Putin is logical. Any military commander who under estimates their adversary will suffer dire consequences. Putin is brilliant. Hitler was brilliant. They also had/ have a measure of crazy mixed in with the brilliant. The crazy does not negate the brilliant.

10. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not with the Biden policies we can't.

11. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean caved on the vax? He didn't cave on the vax, I listen to him on the radio all the time.

12. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ve noticed a trend in this thread where you only respond to whatever piece of information you feel like you can defend and ignore the rest. I’m trying to have a serious conversation about how this is going over there instead of people only looking for whatever political points they can score. You ignored the question about “having us right where he wants us” of course while also putting words in my mouth after accusing me of being one of those people accusing Trump of “praising” him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Campion

Campion Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think we all know exactly what he said. It's out there for all to see (and in many cases, hear). For example...

Great move on delay (by V. Putin) - I always knew he was very smart!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 30, 2016

15. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has us where he wants us to where we are DEPENDENT ON RUSSIA FOR OIL. That does, in fact, LIMIT our response options unless we just hurt our own economy, which that appears the course Biden is taking. Biden will not go back to energy independence. That's the point. So Putin may be going down, but he is taking others out with him. And he is also raising the stakes with the nuclear readiness. Do I think he is bluffing? Yes. But do we need to take it seriously? Yes. So now we are on a tightrope walk that we never should have gotten onto because of the weakness of the current blundering administration.

16. Campion

Campion Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would hardly classify any of those men as being brilliant.

And Trump most certainly screwed up on Covid. He is the Godfather of the lockdown ("15 days to slow the spread") and shutting down the economy. He owns it. Coupled with his comments on Putin, now the world's pariah, I really do not think he would make it through a primary.

But, "we'll see what happens."

17. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don’t really know anything about Rudic, but I suspect her use of “new world order” was a reference to democracy in the former Soviet states.

But, there was that report of Soros supporting Ukraine and urging mor assistance, so who knows for sure?

peace to you

18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your problem is??? That he said he is smart?

19. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um, you did see the CPAC straw poll right?

20. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't appear to have limited our response though? So what exactly is the "weakness" here? You just casually drop these statements in here when they don't make sense. I have to admit the response has been categorically stronger than I would have ever anticipated from this administration unless you are one those that believe boots on the ground is the way to go. Which I 100% don't. Putin is not taking ANYONE out with him except for maybe Belarus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.