SDA: Cult of Fear-Mongers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Apr 14, 2020.

1. timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately a lot of her following still only quote her writings, still not understanding scripture.

2. Protestant Well-Known Member

Part 10: SDA Delusional Psychosis with Underlying Phobias

Delusion: a belief which conflicts with reality.

Delusions are often part of psychotic disorders (Source).

Psychosis is a serious mental health condition in which a person loses touch with reality.

People with psychosis believe things to be true that other people of the same culture do not believe to be true (Source).

Phobia: a persistent, excessive, unrealistic fear of an object, person, animal, activity or situation. It is a type of anxiety disorder (Source).

Fear has many faces:

Coulrophobia

Dentophobia

Gamophobia

And then there is Sundayophobia

Within the Adventist pantheon of lies, delusions, and psychosis is the overwhelming fear of Sunday worship.

According to their infallible prophetess, who their anxiety-ridden minds believe without question, they will soon be compelled, through use of malevolent government forces, to choose between Sunday worship or death.

Once upon a time Sunday was viewed as a day to be legally set apart from the rest of the week. Its purpose was to guarantee a day of rest and worship. Shops were closed, while many recreational and commercial activities were banned (Source).

Today these ‘blue laws’ are either non-existent or are only inconsequential remnants remaining in a few states or counties. There are currently 28 states with blue laws. For example, sale of alcohol and sex toys is prohibited in certain counties of Florida. In Illinois, horseracing is prohibited unless authorized by local municipalities. In Maryland, professional sports may not start before 1 PM. For some unknown reason, the sale of motor vehicles is forbidden in a number of states. Alcohol sales is also a popular prohibition (Source).

Conclusion: Our country has repealed Sunday restrictions which were once mandated. In nearly half the country there are no restrictions whatsoever. These changes are the result of the general populace moving away from strict religious observance on Sunday. In other words, the American people could not care less what you choose to do on Sunday. Nor do they care what you do on Saturday. Such a mindset is antithetical to the delusional SDA National Sunday Law. Not to mention a little thing called the U.S. Constitution’s Bill of Rights.

Further Evidence Against the Enacting of a National Sunday Law

If the SDA would care to investigate the teachings and beliefs of the numerous megachurches in the U.S., they would soon realize their fear of compulsory Sunday worship to be unfounded and absurd. As is their fear of persecution, imprisonment and death equally unfounded and absurd.

The typical teaching of these mega ministries (along with local churches) is geared to avoid controversy. Rather, they stress uplifting messages which give hope – no matter how false - to their constituents. God’s love for all, as well as man’s love of God and neighbor, are the principles stressed. By so doing, they are able to attract many mega tithers.

The SDA church would have their members believe these innumerable Sunday-worshipping professing Christians, determined to love God and neighbor, will turn into God-hating demons hell-bent on persecuting to the death their innocent Saturday-worshipping Adventist neighbors.

Conclusion: Simple common sense is not so common among the Adventists. It’s not easy to open the eyes of a cult member who has been thoroughly indoctrinated into its core beliefs.

Brain-Washed Hobie Can’t Help Himself

It is a sad thing to watch Hobie attempt to reach Baptists and others through numerous threads propagating SDA fairy tales. He is determined to spread the ‘message of the third angel.’ Ellen White would be proud of him.

Perhaps one day it will please the Lord to reveal the truth to Hobie.

For unless the Lord intervenes with saving grace, Hobie and his co-conspirator theorists will blindly continue down the cultic road which they have freely chosen.

3. Protestant Well-Known Member

Part 11: SDA Remnant Study Bible with Commentary by Ellen White

One can only imagine Mrs. White’s commentary to the following:

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets (Matthew 7:12).

Included in the law is 7th-day Sabbath-keeping. Although Jesus did not specifically say this here, we can infer such because Jesus did sayDo not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.’

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it (Matthew 7:13-14).

The 7th-day Sabbath is the strait gate. We Adventists are the remnant few who have found it. Sadly, all 1st-day worshippers are on the broad way that leadeth to destruction.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves (Matthew 7:15).

How many false prophets there are! Baptist, Presbyterian, Congregational, Lutheran, Anglican, Catholic…. most especially Calvinists. Even our non-Calvinist brethren, both Arminian and Pelagian, such as are we, they, too, are deceived into believing the Sunday lie.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven (Matthew 7:21).

It is the will of the Father (Genesis 2:3) that all mankind keep the 7th-day Sabbath. This Law He never rescinded. We Adventists obey this Law. In fact, we are the only Christians who keep the commandments of God (Revelation 14:12). We alone have the faith of Jesus. And I, Ellen G. White, have the testimony of Jesus, which is the spirit of prophecy (Revelation 19:10).

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She received the shock of her life straight after death, as no soul sleep for her!

5. Protestant Well-Known Member

Part 12: An Adventist Letter From the Dead

My dear SDA brothers and sisters:

It is with an excessively dry mouth and bloated tongue that I write this missive.

Although I died more than one century ago, I sleepeth not.

My consciousness is so great that I am now conscious of the many errors I believed and taught.

Although my favorite verse of Daniel was that of 7:25, by which I erred in positing the Saturday-Sabbath Law as the law which the Popes changed to Sunday, in reality I should have paid particular attention to Daniel 5:27You have been weighed in the balances and found wanting.

Had I done so, I should have realized that 2383 years before I taught Christ’s Investigative Judgment, God had already judged Belshazzar.

And now I find myself weighed in the balances of God's eternal judgment and found wanting!

Besides, God had already judged Satan before Christ went to the cross (John 16:11).

Moreover, all who reject Christ, whether openly or covertly, are condemned already (John 3:18).

Brothers and sisters, please forgive me for leading you astray.

My doctrine of Investigative Judgment is not biblical.

It denies Christ of an essential attribute: that of Omniscience.

I would that this was my only error!

I fear this is but the tip of the iceberg of my many false teachings.

Lord willing, in my next letter, I hope to show the error of my teaching mankind’s ‘probation.’

6. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

FEAR MONGERS?

So what happens to someone in the SDA who continues in their SDA belief for the rest of their lives?

I've heard plenty of straight terrorism that say God will damn them for eternity unless they believe as they do

" the damnation of those umpteen millions of Christians who have always worshipped the Lord on the first day of the week"

I worship on Sunday along with a BILLIONS of others we get condemned to hell all the time.

PLANK meet Speck.

8. Protestant Well-Known Member

You have a right to your opinion. Especially being the ADMINISTRATOR. Who am I - a lowly non-Baptist without a title - to question you?

It has been my experience that most professing Christians --- no matter what denomination or non-denomination -- skim over 98.6% of God's Word because it contains 'way too much info.'

How about them? Do they profess lies as do the 7th-day Adventists?

Re: First day Adventists...….My interest is exposing the lies promulgated by the Ellen G. White branch of the 7th-day Adventists. I believe you would be shocked at the heresies they pass off as truth, had you the inclination to learn what it is they actually teach and believe. Had the 'Other Christian Denominations' forum not been hijacked by Hobie spewing his Adventist pride, towing the party line, possibly confusing the less knowledgeable among the website readers, I would not have bothered taking the time and effort to answer, using authoritative sources, each one of his and Ellen's falsehoods.

9. Protestant Well-Known Member

It is one thing to gather to worship on a particular day agreeable to all participants. It is quite another to damn all those to destruction who do not choose to worship on that particular day.

The Scriptures are not concerned with the 'when', but rather the 'who,' the 'how' and the 'why' you worship.

This basic Bible truth escapes the 7th-day Adventists whose name reflects the 'when.'

10. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

I was not speaking as an admin - just my opinion

and I often engage in many discussion - both Baptist and non baptists alike.

But on a discussion board - for various reasons with extensive discussions - much gets lost with several
    individuals involved in the discussion .
    Now, I am not afraid of extensive study - in fact, I was preparing to teach on a certian subject - but there
    was too much to go over - so until I do, I will not teach on that subject. I need to do some extensive study.
    May take a few weeks.

My only concern here is that many like to pick on the 7DA - Of course, I do not agree with many of their doctrines.
    However, they are not the only ones, thus we should be made aware of other groups as well.

Hmmm, Maybe I will do a bit of research and see what the difference between the 7DA and Advent Christian Church!

DISCLAIMER: The view above is my personal view and has no bearing on the fact, that I am an admin!

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One can hold to Sabbath as their day of worship, but it become cultic and heresy when all must worship on sabbath to be saved as sda holds!

And i very much doubt that Sabbath day baptists hold to extra biblical revelation as sda does with Ellen White, nor hold to the Investigative Judgement as sda does!

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    if the Sda member really trust in jesus alone to save them, they are redeemed, but problem is that so many trust in Jesus AND keeping Sabbath AND obeying teachings of Ellen White to get saved!

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the trouble with the Sda is that they will seem to be in agreement with Christians on trinity and the Hospel and the Bible, but once you get further onto what they really hold...

Ellen White teachings elevated to that of scripture, sabbath must be kept to be saved, and Jesus really has not yet saved anyone, awaiting that investigative judgement!

14. Protestant Well-Known Member

You have a good understanding of their doctrines which diverge dramatically from orthodox Christianity.
    Unfortunately, Walter Martin, an Arminian, classified this cult as Christian orthodoxy. But then again, it is no surprise since he also classified Roman Catholicism as Christian.

15. Protestant Well-Known Member

I note the disclaimer with approval. :)
    As mentioned in my previous post, I felt compelled to respond to Hobie's innumerable posts which seriously denigrate the Word of God and historical fact.

16. Protestant Well-Known Member

Part 13: A Second Adventist Letter From the Dead

My dear SDA brothers and sisters:

Had I a true believing spirit I would have enthusiastically embraced the truth as it is revealed in the Bible.

Instead I writhe in horrific torments, painfully awake and aware.

For by the righteous act of the Holy God, I had been sent a spirit of strong delusion that I should believe a lie because I believed not the truth, but instead took pleasure in wickedness.

The wickedness of leading many astray from the simple, clear truth of Jesus Christ and His Gospel.

The wickedness of promoting myself as an anointed prophetess of God when I was no such thing.

I ask you all to forgive me.

I beg you all not to follow me, but rather to follow the true Jesus of the Bible.

I confess I promulgated the lie called ‘Probation.’ I taught two probations: one for Adam and another for mankind. I thought it only fair, since we did not have a say in Adam’s decision to sin, yet we are paying the penalty of death. Therefore, it only made sense that mankind have the opportunity to choose for itself, Jesus (who is life) or the Devil (who is death) before the Probation is closed forever.

If only I had considered the many Scriptures which declare man’s probation ended with Adam. There is nothing more God need know:

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes (Romans 3:10-18).

Had I understood the grace to believe is the gift of God to those whom He wills to have mercy and compassion (Romans 9:15-16), I would not have taught free-will believe-ism.

I would not have taught salvation by law-keeping (which we never kept).

Instead I would have taught man’s inability to come to Christ (John 6:44, 65).

I would have taught man’s complete dependence on the saving grace of God.

I would have taught the efficacious call of God which comes in power and the Holy Ghost to those whom He wills when He wills.

I would have preached Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

But unto them which are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Until next time, Adventist brothers and sisters, trust in the true, biblical Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your Adventist understanding.

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard today on a pod cast where he in believe 1985 stated that the sda was at a turning point, for if they did not totally reject Ellen White as being inspired, he would classify them again as a Cult!

18. Ziggy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Due to Walter Martin's analysis, the SDA's were long ago admitted into the Evangelical Theological Society as full members.

This even while, despite Martin's claims, the RC's are excluded from the ETS (apparently due to their acceptance of the Apocrypha as canonical; otherwise their position would not specifically conflict with the ETS doctrinal statement).

19. Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is actually a gross distortion, or misrepresentation (purposefully or ignorantly I leave for you to say), on the Biblical teaching of the Investigative Judgment. There is more than the Investigative Judgment, as this is only a part of the overall Judgment of God. There is also the executive Judgment, etc, also a part of the whole as well.

The Investigative Judgment does not concern itself with the non-professing (in Christ Jesus), such as Belshazzar or the already condemned satan and his angels.

You may see that here:

Powerpoint here - http://sdamaranathachurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Hide-Seek.pptx

There are three groups of humans:

[1] My Lord and My God

[2] Lord, Lord, and do not the things ...

[3] I know not the LORD​

The Investigative Judgment concerns itself with just the first 2 groups (see Ezekiel 9, two groups inside the city). The third group is automatically condemned (those outside the city).

For instance:

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.​

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Justification came in full when jesus died for sinners, and he right now is at the fathers side, as the Great High priest, and God has already blotted out of our the redeemed sins, and fully Justified us!